Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
By Azurial
I Know that this isn't the AMT model kit but found this guy at a flea market (car boot sale for you guys in the UK) just this last week end and promptly set to work on it. I have yet to see this particular mod and I will be working fervently on it to get it perfect. I submit to you, the OPEN DOOR CUSTOM!

If this HAS already been done, I take it all back.

This is just the Driver door that has been done so far, I have to figure out the driver side passenger door before I move on to the rest of the build. Also, I kinda messed up the windows on this kit so far removing enough material to make this thing work. It will consist of 1:25 scale custom Busters (got a friend of mine that has the tools and know how), accessible seating, (HOPEFULLY) scaled replicas of the packs, a sliding track for said packs (if they work out) a working Gate, and whatever craziness I decide to cram in here. The hing is so far inspired by actual car door hinges with a sliding mechanism that will easily come off to prevent damage to them if too much force is applied. I will also be filling in, at least partially, some of the gaps in the doors to make them look more full...

Any way here are a few pictures. I have yet to paint and need to find a way to quickly get the glue off of the driver side window, patch the cracking in the windshield without it clouding due to superglue, and find out how I'm going to support the center of the body.

[[Door is closed. I had to remove both of the car doors to get this started. Looks like crap at the moment but, as you can see, the door holds in place nicely with good tension to keep it from sliding open on a whim.]]

[[Rear inside shot of the door open.]]

[[And a shot without the door. The hinge system is made of simple styrene .060" inches thick.]]

[[Solo shot of the door.]]

[[Finally, last shot of the door open. Taken from the front of the car so you can see about how far it sticks out.]]

By GBfan77
Azurial wrote:I may just get another kit and use the windows from it. Still considering that one though...
Really thin plastic works too, like the kind used in action figure packaging. I don't know what it's called but I used it for my RGB Ecto-1.
By Azurial
Im not sure if PL would sel me replacement windows, its somethingI havent yet looked into. But the plastic is very flimsy and it literally needs to be supported by the Windows. I'll have more details as soon as my pack is done.
By mrfantasticaj
I think they will on amts site they have a list of prices for parts size and quantity so worth checking it out. Otherwise they sell pretty thin perspex/plexiglass for cheap on ebay for an a4 piece.
By darthbuster
Azurial wrote:I Know that this isn't the AMT model kit but found this guy at a flea market (car boot sale for you guys in the UK) just this last week end and promptly set to work on it. I have yet to see this particular mod and I will be working fervently on it to get it perfect. I submit to you, the OPEN DOOR CUSTOM!

If this HAS already been done, I take it all back.
I've done it on an ECT-1a
Ecto - 1 is next for me
Looking forward to seeing more of your work
Last edited by Kingpin on October 4th, 2014, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]