Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Anybody else getting nervous that the original members have not singed on officially yet?
My fear is that the later the announcement goes the less content of the original cast will be in the movie?

I really really hope we dont get brief cameos and that they have major roles in the movie or I think its going to be another gb2016 outside of the novelty of seeing the ecto once again!??!?!
LOL! Kingpin and Seth Rex are right. I am a little suprised at some of the skepticism, but it is not competely unwarranted. Yeah I think the original cast is already signed on and are involved in a huge compacity. Not just as cameos. I would be suprised if I am wrong. A big clue for me is and this may mean nothing, but half of the kids that we are expecting to be the new crop of GBs have very little on their resumes. Unless they plan on having Finn and Grace carry the movie. I just think it is a lot of pressure to put on a couple of newcomers on a film this size. I could be completely wrong it is just an impression I get. :):):)
RedSpecial liked this
Honestly, what we saw in the trailer felt like Act 1 and early Act 2 content, and it wouldn't surprise me if we haven't even seen anything from the second half of the movie. The rest of the movie could very well be wall-to-wall original Ghostbusters.
BatDan liked this
abritinthebay wrote: December 10th, 2019, 12:08 pm Jason confirmed at GB Fan Fest that the original core cast (inc Weaver & Murray) are all on board.

No word on how much screen time though.
He actually made an explicit point NOT to confirm they were in the movie at that time. Weaver had just given the Parade interview saying everyone was back and Breznican was grilling him on it. Reitman ultimately conceded they had read the script, and that they formed a brain trust to make sure the film honored the original movie, but would not admit they would be in it.

While it is arguably one of the worst-kept Afterlife secrets at this point, this seems to be -- for now -- one of the things he isn't confirming.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
ghoulishfright wrote: December 10th, 2019, 1:45 pm Honestly, what we saw in the trailer felt like Act 1 and early Act 2 content, and it wouldn't surprise me if we haven't even seen anything from the second half of the movie. The rest of the movie could very well be wall-to-wall original Ghostbusters.
I got giddy reading that last part. I sure hope so, fingers crossed.

Because the movie looks promising, it be a shame to not the guys do their thing and be funny for us one last time.
ghoulishfright liked this
I'm ok with them not being in the trailer. It's designed to get you interested in seeing more. I'd rather not see the cast until a closer trailer or more favorably until the film comes out at all. However for the general movie goer who doesn't know the cast was in this film and the studio wanting to get the first generation movie fan back into the seats...They'll likely show the original cast in a future trailer.
deadderek, mrmichaelt, back liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]