Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Photon Guy
In the LOTR story Gondalf goes from being Gandalf the Grey to Gandalf the White. As far as I could tell Gandalf was always good so I don't quite get the meaning of it. Traditionally, in classic stories, with the main characters the color they wear indicates if they're good or bad, if they wear black they're bad, if they wear white they're good, and if they wear grey they're in between. An excellent example of this would be the character of Luke Skywalker in the original SW trilogy. In ANH Luke wore white because he was good, in ESB he wore grey because he was starting to drift over to the dark side and in ROTJ he wore black because he was really drifting over to the dark side up until the very end when he refuses to finish off Darth Vader and thus stays on the good side. Vader of course wore black throughout the entire trilogy what with him being a main villain up until the end of ROTJ.
Anyway, in LOTR with Gandalf going from grey to white would seem to indicate that he goes from being in between to good. But Gandalf was always good from the beginning so I don't see what the symbol of him going from grey to white stands for.
By Krypton_Son
I don't think the wizard robes in LOTR really meant anything significant. There were 5 of them, one white, one grey, one brown and two blue. But they were all good (at least until Saruman was corrupted) and all very powerful.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]