My son's aunt recently gave him a Power Wheels jeep for his upcoming 5-year birthday (it was used and picked up for cheap at a garage sale). I recently made some significant progress on making a custom kid's proton pack for his birthday - so why not throw in a custom Ectomobile to go with his gear?

Here is the original Power Wheel's toy - that blue, orange, and flames is not very Ecto-like at all!

Disassembly was very easy. The entire toy used the exact same screw size and holes were all quite accessible.

Here is the stripped down main body showing the electronics...

After giving everything a cleaning and some light sanding, I hit the main body with a few coats of gloss white spray paint (this pic was taken after the second or third coat).

After applying the white, I hit all the surfaces with a pearl spray to give the white a little more depth. Finally, I sprayed a clear gloss finish over everything.

And here are some red parts getting sprayed. The blue dash and grey seats also got a coat of black. I also applied a chrome coat on the grill and on a few other parts.

And, finally, reassembly!

And a shot of the Ecto-jeep alongside his custom proton pack

Next, I plan on adding a few hazard light strobe kits and switching out the toy's "radio" electronics so it plays the Ghostbuster's theme and siren sound.

To be continued....
Peter Venkman Jr., Kingpin, NotSabbat and 2 others liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]