By Daniel Welch
Seeing that this same pack has gone up for sale before by PoH, why do they keep posting it? At the very least, why don't they do their damn homework to authenticate these things? Regardless, that pack is perfectly painted for some serious duck hunting.
Vincenzo330 wrote:
Ferrariracerjv7 wrote:Does anyone else think that this pack should be returned to v71 so it can be returned to it's glory and it's rightful owner?
Taking up a collection has actually been discussed. I offered to put in $100 but no one else chimed in so it probably won't happen.
I'd throw in some cash just to bring this back to the beautiful state it should be in.
By Donkey8012
The bidding for this thing just went over a grand. You've gotta be kidding me.
By JoeLuna33
Current bid is $1225.00 with a little over 4 days to go. Amazing.
By Donkey8012
It makes me want to put my pack on there for one of the ignorant suckers that doesn't win this POS.
By XxEctOxX
It would be funny if the person who bought it knew just as much as the person who's selling it, and wore it the same way :)
By Phish4dinner
These are the questions that should be asked if you really want to mess with these guys..

Why is gun bent to h*ll?

Why is the N-Filter broken?

Why is the V-Hook in the complete wrong spot??

We know you painted it that way, now WHY??

God I can on all day with this monstrosity lol
By Tyrael
The Stiff wrote:I was able to find a couple of old theads dating back to 2006 on this pack and auction:

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... f=2&t=1052

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... f=2&t=1410

Exoray says that it was a pack made by Venkman71 that was paired with a real COA from a different pack. Profiles in History was informed that the pack was not screen-used and the auction was pulled.

He also had a screengrab from the Profiles in History auction (an oddly large bmp file, which I've tried to shrink):

Accompanied with a certificate of authenticity from Columbia Studios
BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
By Daniel Welch
You think if I put a few tubes, wires, lights, and Clippards into one of my turds I could sell it for $1500? I could be farming a gold mine....
By ProtonCharger
Daniel Welch wrote:You think if I put a few tubes, wires, lights, and Clippards into one of my turds I could sell it for $1500? I could be farming a gold mine....

NO. IT CANT BE BECAUSE OF THIS.
Vincenzo330 wrote:This particular pack is a bigger part of the community than a lot of people would realize.

The short version is:

It was built by Venkman71...
NO....
By kevinj319
ProtonCharger wrote: NO. IT CANT BE BECAUSE OF THIS.
Vincenzo330 wrote:This particular pack is a bigger part of the community than a lot of people would realize.

The short version is:

It was built by Venkman71...
NO....
I agree with this. One possibility is that the bidder had no idea what they were doing and overpaid. Another is that they knew exactly where that pack came from and the history behind it, and wanted to own a pack that not only was created by V71, but also has the unique distinction of being erroneously featured by PIH.
By Phish4dinner
i wouldnt be surprised if the winner is just wants to pop this thing back up on ebay come September.. I refuse to ever believe somebody wanted it for actual use
AJ Quick wrote:The winner is actually going to take it to Venkman71 and have it fixed up.. and then keep it.
Wow...I hope there will be pictures of the process and finished product.
By venkman71
Hulk Angry.

Every time I think about this, I get angry,...

Readers digest version,.....

This pack's pedigree is also tied up with Ken Huegel's famous screen-used pack that went missing several years back thanks to the incompetence of the skycaps at LAX and the corruption/ineptitude of the Romanian airport authorities. :(

RIP GB2 Hero,....we hardly knew ye'.

But I digress,.....

I will not relate the entire ordeal again here but just so you have a point of reference,.....once Ken FLEW ALL THE WAY FROM ROMANIA to do the deal, with the seller, this deplorable shit-heel of a swindler tried to back out of the deal.
The guy hemmed and hawed, waffled and wrung his hands in a tableau I'm sure he'd played out a thousand times before and as I watched the whole thing degenerate before my eyes I couldn't help but hear Lando Calrissian's voice in my head saying, "This deal's getting worse all the time."

FINALLY,.....the guy says something to the effect of, "Okay, I'll let it go, but I want one of his, (pointing at me), replicas in it's place."

I didn't think about it at the time but now I should have seen it. I didn't think about it too much cause I wanted to help Ken get his pack and get the f**k out of there. But it DID occur to me,...If he liked the pack so freakin' much, why let it go? Why settle for a replica when you HAVE a screen used,.....I'll tell ya why,....

Because after jacking up the price, which was bad enough, he wanted to use MY replica and KEN'S C.O.A. (certificate of Authenticity for those who may not know), which had not yet arrived from Sony and shit-heel promised to mail to him.

C.O.A. never arrived, (surprise, surprise), and several months after I delivered the pack, it showed up in the PIH auction and my heart sank.

I know my work. I also knew every inaccuracy on the thing. I left them on purpose because there was no way I was giving this guy a cherry pack. He'd never know so who cares? I wasn't keen to make it too nice but a deal's a deal and I gave my word.

Here's proof,.....this was a photo I took of the pack the day before I delivered it to the swindler,....

More,.....

Larger elbows, bigger tubing, HUGE attenuator rod on the ion arm, I mean,....come on?

The second I saw it in the PIH catalog I knew,.....I went down and identified it. I thought the poor guy was gonna have a stroke. He was like,...."the catalogs have already gone out!"

The guy who's name the pack was under was NOT the guy who sold Ken the screen pack,....but he was an associate. Turns out, as they told me, the guy who sold Ken his screen pack had been BANNED from PIH for selling bogus merchandise in the past.

So he had his buddy put it up to circumvent the system. I was told the guy was charged 10% of the reserve, ($25K), as a penalty and booted from ever auctioning anything with PIH again.

I had to walk out of there and leave the pack. It was like finding one of your children in an orphanage and having to walk away and leave it again.

I lost track of the pack after that until all the recent events. But as luck would have it, (luck in the form of my dear friend Bryan Fear), he put me in touch with the guy who was going for the pack, a very talented screen writer and a Hell of a nice guy.

I said,....if you win it,....I'll fix it for the love of the game and ship it to you.

He won it,....and on Saturday,.....my prodigal pack returns,.....and while I'm not gonna kill the fatted calf,.....you can be sure I'm firing up the dremel,......right after I bathe it in ACETONE. >:(

And THAT, my firends,....is an amazing story with a very, VERY, happy ending.

And yes I will document the restoration.

Can't wait till Saturday,......I have a few,.......questions for the seller.

Venky
Giant Slor liked this

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]