Hell im getting ready to start my new build thread. since when cleaning up my photobucket i deleted the photos for my other threads i figured its time. Before i do though, can anyone recommend a site besides photobucket. Just something free and easy to use and transfer photos to this site.
Last edited by Mike Witt on August 10th, 2014, 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Mike Witt
Ok well befor i post my new images im gonna pay respect to my old back. This is the one i had recently sold and alloud me to build a new one.
Last edited by Kingpin on May 15th, 2014, 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum strecthing and broken link
Sutton621 liked this
By Mike Witt
ow on to the new one. It starts with the purchase of the gbfans shell. This shell is awesome. Great detail to accuracy. I did want to add an aluminum n-filter. I was nervous with cutting of the cast in one, but once i started it was accually pretty easy and went well.

Last edited by Kingpin on May 15th, 2014, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed broken link
By Mike Witt
The next thing i did was add a shim under the corner of the ion arm to make it sit flat and flush on the shell. Added some bondo then in that area to smooth it all out. The shell sagged in that area a bit. I then sanded off the eda discsand the top sections of the two ribs on the powercell. Then added some plexiglass to remake the top of the ribs. Also in one of the pucs you can see i added the trim nails in the powercell and crank gen.Image
Last edited by Kingpin on May 15th, 2014, 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
alphabeta001 liked this
By Mike Witt
I dont have any other photos from the process of fitting the rest of the parts up. With all aluminum parts it was pretty easy. And the holes come marked on the shell and the parts were all aready threaded. I did cut out a space for wiz's loom holder. Witch is great. I live having the loom atatched the the mother board instead of the shell. Makes for easy shell removal. So the next pics are when i masked uverything up to be texturized. I used the homex wall texture. Preheated the can before use. And when that dried a coat of primer.

More pics to come tomorrow
Last edited by Kingpin on May 15th, 2014, 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
By pyhasanon
Beautiful work... totally didn't realize the EDA discs were part of the shell... I like how you sanded them off to install your own... and that loom holder, genius!
By thebigone2087
For the n-filter, did how did you attach it to the shell and did you cut it to fit the shell?
By Mike Witt
After cutting out the cast one i just put the aluminum one in its place. It fit perfectly. I did not cut it to fit over the cyclotron. One it was in place and i liked the fit i used hot glue to hold it in place then jb welded it permenatly in place from the inside. That way there is some strenth to it and it wont break off.
By Mike Witt
Ok well after i got the shell painted i really did not like how the wall texture turned out. Its was way to heavy and clumpy. It looked good when primed but not when painted. So i took on the painstacking chore of sanding everything back down and then repriming the shell. I masked everything off again and did the duplicolor bed liner for the texture. Without a doubt this is the way to go. Cant really tell from the photos cause of the flash but its a nice even texture. It looks really good in person. I also rivited on my aluminum eda discs. After the texture u sprayed on the satin black paint. I started my final assembly and began to add all the aluminum parts.
Last edited by Kingpin on May 15th, 2014, 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.Reason: Fixed forum strecthing
By Mike Witt
Now onto the thrower. Full aluminum baby. This is the way to go. Twisting barrel grip, extending acrylic tube. The hat lights have the bases installed. Dry rub transfers. I know the side discs should be black. Just havent taken them back off yet to paint. I used the lever technique for the extending and retracting barrel. Also have a flashbulb installed in the barrel. I cut the bulb i half and put the led flash light from the gbfans kit inside the glass from the real bulb.
Last edited by Kingpin on May 15th, 2014, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
By pyhasanon
How long did you work on this? Is this all in a matter of a couple of days? Also, where did you get the aluminum thrower with extending tip mechanism?
By Mike Witt
I started this build around the first of the year and just finished like two weeks ago. Just finally getting around to sharing the photos. I had to make the extending mech. I found someones thread that had the details on how to make it. The pic i posted of the linkage was actually from that other thread. I just used it to show how i did mine.
By PssdffJay
This is looking fantastic! I like the plexiglass for the 2 ribs.

I would be interested in more info on the extending barrel too if possible. What light kit are you using? Will there be enough room?
By Mike Witt
The above pic of the barrel mech is not from my gun. Here is a link to the thread i used for the barrel extending mechanism and where i took the pic from. I did not take any pics of this on mine. http://www.gbfons.com/community/viewtop ... f9a247bffd. I am using the gbfans light kit. I will admit there are a lot of wires in the body and with the light board there is not a lot of room. I was able to get the board positioned just right and hot glue all the wires to the side. I also have a rumble motor in my gun body. Very tight fittling but i was able to get everything working just right. The main fire button activates the rumble motor while firing and the barrel tip gun button has the white flash before the colored barrel lights.
By Mike Witt
Here is my motherboard set up. Switchplate has the accurate switchcraft plug, charge port, mp3 player input, and power switch. I added the accurate square mounting blocks to my lc-1 frame with lc-1 straps and kidney pad.
Last edited by Kingpin on May 15th, 2014, 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed forum stretching
alphabeta001 liked this
By Kingpin
Mike,
When posting images, please ensure that you separate each image with a paragraph break, rather than posting one after the other in a line. If posted one after the other they stretch out the forum page, making it more difficult to read.

I've edited your posts so that the images are now all on separate lines from each other. :)

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]