By GBDRE760
Does anyone know of a solution for those of us who are using PVC for the handles of the proton gun instead of metal tubing? I pretty much am going with all real parts on this build. Real Clippards, brass fittings, resistors, etc. Anything that is metal, I want it to be metal because from experience, it is hard to get a 3D printed part to look like real metal by the use of spray paints. I am going for that full on detail. The only part that I can't seem to find a solution for is the front of the proton gun barrel, the aluminum part that comes after the barrel and has the acrylic tube sliding into it. I wonder what I can do there to make it look good without having to 3D print and spray paint one, especially since it is the last visible metal part of a proton pack that I don't actually have a real part for :( Any recommendations?
You're looking for something like this; http://freekygeeky.biz/Tip-Converter-_p_39.html

You can message Freeky (or is that just his websites name...?) on his site and I'm sure he'll put one together for you when he can, but he is swamped at the moment as I understand it.

You could also make something similar yourself with little more than a hacksaw; just cut off a ring of aluminum and glue it onto a smaller inner pvc tube.
GBDRE760 liked this
Prologic9 wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 12:35 am You're looking for something like this; http://freekygeeky.biz/Tip-Converter-_p_39.html

You can message Freeky (or is that just his websites name...?) on his site and I'm sure he'll put one together for you when he can, but he is swamped at the moment as I understand it.

You could also make something similar yourself with little more than a hacksaw; just cut off a ring of aluminum and glue it onto a smaller inner pvc tube.
I was starting to think of doing that, the only thing is I am hoping to be able to find a tube that will fit the GBfans acrylic tip. I ordered one but the tip won't ship out until September 30th as they are special order. I am so glad I am getting an early jump on my pack this year. I really wanted to ditch my spirit pack this year and go with something full sized. I decided to try to build this one with as many real parts possible. My buddy will be sporting my old spirit pack this Halloween, lol. But your idea sounds like a way to go if I want to hurry up and get this done. At this point, I am just waiting for parts to get here.
Prologic9 wrote: August 2nd, 2019, 2:47 am This is also a really simple solution;

That's an older Throwingchicken resin handle with a resin front collar. I just wrapped it with aluminum tape and roughed it up with some steel wool.
Wow! That looks amazing. I never would have known it was aluminum tape until you mentioned it. If I can get the 3D printed one to look that amazing then I would be willing to go with it.

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]