Hey guys so I did my research and see that the general consensus is that the wand handles are 1.25”.

So I went down to the hardware store and found some but when I tested it with my kit it looked kinda big so I held off on buying them and wanted to consult with you guys instead. Is this right?

In comparison to the 1” one I have at home

Just want to make sure I got the right size and look of the 1.25” inch pipe before buying. Thanks.
Last edited by jonogunn on March 22nd, 2020, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The handle should have an outside dimension of 1.25" to be "accurate". You arent going to find the right size in a PVC pipe. They do not come in an outside diameter of 1.25" that I am aware of. If you are looking to make a perfect replica you will have to use a metal pipe, likely aluminum that has a OD of 1.25" to use.

If you are using a PVC handle what you are going to end up with is a "close enough" gun. Basically a gun that isn't perfect, but is pretty close in its dimensions. I would also like to stress that there is NOTHING wrong with that. You will likely be the only on that knows the difference, so use whichever diameter feels best in your hands.

If you want to go the metal 1.25" OD tube route, I made a gun STL kit that can use 1.25"pipe. If you want to look at it here it is, Im afraid its not very well organized:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3885923
NotSabbat wrote:The handle should have an outside dimension of 1.25" to be "accurate". You arent going to find the right size in a PVC pipe. They do not come in an outside diameter of 1.25" that I am aware of. If you are looking to make a perfect replica you will have to use a metal pipe, likely aluminum that has a OD of 1.25" to use.

If you are using a PVC handle what you are going to end up with is a "close enough" gun. Basically a gun that isn't perfect, but is pretty close in its dimensions. I would also like to stress that there is NOTHING wrong with that. You will likely be the only on that knows the difference, so use whichever diameter feels best in your hands.

If you want to go the metal 1.25" OD tube route, I made a gun STL kit that can use 1.25"pipe. If you want to look at it here it is, Im afraid its not very well organized:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3885923
Thanks for the reply.

Yah I did further research last night and realize that the pvc pipes will either be 1.32” OD 1” ID or 1.05”OD 3/4” ID and that’s why it looked off to me.

People say a thin wall 1” ID pvc pipe exist that should give me a 1.25” OD but that seems to be hard to find where I live.

I guess if I had to pick I would just go with my blue 1.05” OD pipe as the other one looks too thick to me.
    Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]