For users in Canada. Eh?
Hey all!!! Another fellow Canadian Ghosthead!!! :)

ce_darwf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm from Sudbury, Ontario as well!!!!!!! So you're not the only northerner now!!

But... I'm in Brisbane, Australia for the time being... lol... I'm back in July of this year (2010).... In time for Halloween this year!!! :)

Great to see all the Canadian Ghostheads out there!! We all need to plan something up this year!!
Thanks Irricanian!! Now I just need to get my ass motivated and build me a pack and get a costume together and I`m as good as gold for any get togethers and charity things that we have opportunities to do.

If you`re based in ontario I`d love to get a lot of my equipment and supplies from you!! Would probably save me a TON on shipping and waiting time as well! Any suggestions for `starters` kits? I noticed you have a beautiful proton gun package that comes with pretty much everything you need. Only thing i'm looking for is a Pack/Gun lights and sound kit all in one type deal. Any available?!?
Another Canadian GB here! I'm from Montreal, QC!

Hopefully at some point I'll be making myself a back and other gear.. I had no idea that there were people that really did it in this much detail, let alone a whole community of them!

I always wanted to be a Ghostbuster when I grew up.. Now that I'm grown up, hell, I STILL want to be a Ghostbuster! :D
Hey, all! Name's Vincent. I'm from a little town called Port Hardy at the northern end of Vancouver Island in BC. I've been lurking this site for a couple months; a friend also from this town referred me. Him and I are very interested in building packs and traps but of course the time and the money are a bit of a nasty consideration. For now, watching Ghostbusters on Blu-Ray and playing Ghostbusters: The Video Game on PS3.

And wow... lots of Vancouver GB fans here! Somehow, it makes me feel better knowing there are so many of us here in BC.
Québec / Sherbrooke

Hey guys!! I'm Jamie... never thought of introducing myself here!! I'm a totally hardcore Ghosbusters fangirl! I've been building up my uniform replica ... and currently a proton pack! Also just bought a trap kit to make also :)!!!

I was thinking of trying to sign up in this parade we have in the summer... and walk with other fellow ghost heads!

I'm also a music producer... producing professionally for 5 years... and I'm also a DJ! I've been working in the music industry as well as the video game industry .. for Microsoft .. Sony... Konami...

Well that's it for me!
XxX
I'm Jesse from Stanstead, Quebec. Currently building my first proton pack and putting together my uniform. Been a fan since i was a kid, and proud to say nothing has changed! very happy to be a part of this community and look forward to talking and working with you guys in the future! currently in the works....a barrel extension mechanism for the MMM kit! Still working on it Colin...should have something solid soon!
Hello All Canadian Ghostbusters! I've been around this board for a little while, introduced myself to a couple people, but I don't think I've said hello in this thread yet. I'm in Vancouver, BC, been a Ghostbuster Fan all my life, and only just recently put my uniform together and am now working on getting my equipment in place.

Which led me to an idea that I'd like everyone to consider. I love the idea of franchising Ghostbusters for the purposes of appearances, fundraising for charities, ComicCons, Hallowe'en Events, creating Fan Film, or anything like that. I'm aware of several Franchises in the States (New Hampshire, Dallas, Steel City, SoCal, Arizona, many more), but so far I've only heard of The Ontario Ghostbusters and the Vancouver Island Ghostbusters(which I'm not sure are active anymore) in Canada.

So my idea is this: For anyone out there in Canada that wants to be a part of such a franchise, http://www.Ghostbusters.ca

A national website that can be broken down into locations across the country /vancouver, /toronto, /edmonton etc. With rosters, photos, information, event lists, etc. What I like most about the idea is the sense of unity it could bring to Canadian Ghostbusters, and how cool would it be to have yourname@ghostbusters.ca?

Now, I'm extremely inexperienced when it comes to building websites, but from what I've been able to find out the domain Ghostbusters.ca is taken, but there is nothing there. If enough people think this is an idea worth pursuing, then I'd look into securing the domain if someone wanted to help build the site with me.

So, What do you think?

PS - For our patch I would suggest either the maple leaf No-Ghost logo available on eBay, or castewar's Burning Ghost available on ProtonCharging, since he's also from here in Vancouver, and because that logo is SWEET.
Sounds like a great idea, the unfortunate part is the number of Canadian ghostbusters is very small compared to those in the US, our Ontario ghostbusters franchise currently has only 16 members. If you look at the list of members across Canada it's not very big although I would imagine there are more than listed who have not come forward.

www.ontarioghostbusters.ca
I love it. Even though there are only a few handfuls of us, I think its worth having some pride about being the few and far between Canadian Ghostbusters. If nothing else, it shows a level of organization.

It might be worth snagging a few site and working with that. I can help with design. Mayhaps one can start buying maple leaf patches (I can't remember what they look like ATM) through said website.
Hello! From Ottawa here,

Joined up a while ago...then trailed off and now I'm back!! Looking to get my pack building going (have a thrower kit ordered and waiting for it to arrive.

Any idea what hardware store I'd go to to find the spacer for the Alice frame/motherboard? Are they at like Home Depot/Home hardware..and what would I ask them for exactly lol

Sure I'll have a lot more questions as I amass the parts and start construction!
Well I went ahead with it. For all Canadian Ghostbusters looking for a national page for the franchises, www.ghostbusterscanada.ca

Read about it and The Ghostbusters of BC at http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 28&t=23191
One thing I liked about organizing franchises provincially is that there's a greater chance that there's at least one other Ghostbusters in your province rather than the same city. Seeing as the rules set out say that you need two or more, if you and that one other Buster want to be the Ghostbusters of NS, you could do it even if you're not in the same city.

One thing I love about this board is that I get a real sense of community. Encouragement, helping each other out, and sharing in things we all love and find fun. So if more Canadian Ghostbusters want to be part of a franchise, share their fun with others, and get out there and do some good, more power to you.
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

When you say you only have the proton pack light k[…]

I'm not familiar with this one (is it a model?) […]

Also somewhat related question...I don't see giz[…]

Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]