I want to show you my build of my new Gigameter...
Here we go:
ok first i´ve isolated and remixed the accurate gigameter sound from the GB2 blueray.
now, let´s start printing.
YEAH, ive founded some really nice parts in ebay.
ok, here is the domeframe. designed in 3d.
this is the motor to rotate the inner dome.
now i designed a holder for the motor and the domes.
here is the first rotationtest.
some electronic parts arrived today
reading, reading, reading
and the servotest.
there is still a small delay in the animation. ill check the code...
and here comes the seconed rotationtest.
looks much better
the printed inner dome with the acrylic rod, to make some lenses.
a long time later.
the microphone has arrived...
time to take a screwdriver
and the next steps. looks good...
ok, time to program the soundchip... i used a WT588D 16p chip for this.
i missed this small plates on the handle.
so i printed some, heaten it in the oven and bend it over the glued handle
YEAH... love it
its time to finished the handle with some real details
its soldertime. my first selfmade soundboard to hold the soundchip AAAAND it works
yesterday i have added a motor extension for the inner dome.
and the finished soundchip. i have produced a custom startup sound for the gigameter. its a mix of the protonpack-startup and a few sounds from my soundlibrary
ill keep you up to date in the next days...