By Funkzilla
Hey guys,

Since there isn't much in this section I figured I'd present my little adventure into the world of the Giga Meter.

Way back in like June, ProtoKev, sent me his Scrubber N' Buffer that he'd won on e-bay quite a while back.

I finally got around to working on it in September :oops: I decided to make a waste mould of the buffer rather than actually modify the buffer itself since these things seem to be scarce.

Here's some pics of that process:

There's a pic I can't find but the step involves brushing a thin-downed mixture of Bondo on the clay to act as a sort of gel-coat.

After making the fiberglass jacket I scooped out the clay, drilled some holes in the jacket, placed it back over the buffer, then poured some silicone though the holes.

All this work for a mould that would only be used once!

After this I took a casting from the mould and modified it to resemble the actual prop. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of the build process because I was using a friends camera to take them and apparently I didn't press the button hard enough so no pics were taken! :x

This wound being a real pain in the ass build as I had no dimensions to work off, only reference pics, and moving the seam line on the real world item to match the screen used prop was no pick nick! Making the little display part just about drove me insane!

Here's some pics of the results:

Eventually, a few weeks ago, I got around to making moulds of the master (sorry, no pics) and today while I was casting some trap kits I did a test cast of the bottom portion of the GM. The actual resin I want to use for this is supposed to arrive any day now.

Well, thanks for looking,

-Eric

Oh yeah, before anybody jumps on me; we spell "mold" with a "U" up here in Canada, so nyah! :P
By Funkzilla
AJ Quick wrote: Damn you! That has always bothered me.

Giga Meter looks amazing!
Heh - thanks AJ.

Btw, let me know if you still want to try sorting out that deal we were talking about way back when. I may now be in more of a position to go through with it.

-Eric
By Funkzilla
Got the first giga meter cast.

Being the first it pulled left over crap out of the mould (primer from the master, clay, and silicone flashing) so it's looks a little dirty.

I had a hell of a time trying to take pics of it what with it being white and having to use indoor lighting (it's night now).

I'm waiting on the second one to cure and that'll be the one that gets used in the "photo shoot" for the F/S thread.

-Eric
By Dr...Stanz
Wow thats looks superb being trying to get hold of a scrubber n buffer for well over a year now.. do you have any plans to sell your casts.. i would be very interested in buying one from you if you do...
By RPMs
I know I'm reviving a really old thread, but I was wondering if Funkzilla is still around and selling parts? Whether that be for the the giga meter or proton pack. I know he's had a good reputation for putting out good parts so I was just wondering if anyone knew what his current status is? His profile says he hasn't been on GBfans since 2008. I didn't know where else to post this, so once again, sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]