By Kurisu-Kun
Now... I've been researching props for like.. 2 or 3 years now, and I've found just about EVERYTHING that is in a ghostbusters "arsenal". Except, I've only found ONE, HORRIBLE plan for a giga meter, and a pretty crappy lookin' pic to go with it.... WHY doesn't anyone have these? I mean I know it was only in the movie for like.. 2 seconds if that, but still! WHY?

I mean, if you have time to make a containment unit... why not a giga meter? Also, does ANYONE have PKE plans that aren't tottaly retarded?
By GB Dan
Well, nobody made plans for it because nobody knew what it was... until just recently. Guess you haven't done enough research :P
By Kurisu-Kun
What do you mean, no one knew what it was?

They clearly state during the scene on the street that it's a giga meter...

I dunno, I just thought I'd ask, It would be pretty cool to make one though. Guess I'll focus more on the PKE meter for now.

And I'm not sure if you thought I meant I'd been frantically searching for a giga meter plan, but I just looked for everything in general. (wanted to get the best plans before I went and built anything.
By Dr. K Peterson
Kurisu-Kun wrote: Now... I've been researching props for like.. 2 or 3 years now, and I've found just about EVERYTHING that is in a ghostbusters "arsenal". Except, I've only found ONE, HORRIBLE plan for a giga meter, and a pretty crappy lookin' pic to go with it.... WHY doesn't anyone have these? I mean I know it was only in the movie for like.. 2 seconds if that, but still! WHY?

I mean, if you have time to make a containment unit... why not a giga meter? Also, does ANYONE have PKE plans that aren't tottaly retarded?

*Has a feeling he might be talking about my 'baby' "Giga Meter" I whipped up from a LED fan: :p ;)

http://www.geocities.com/gbkyle2004/equipment.html

On A.S.A.P. there is a topic called 'The Iona to PKE Project' that will give you a great *START* on converting an Iona to PKE (the thread is still unfinished the last I checked).

And as a nitpick, I think the Giga might have gotten a bit more screen time than the PKE, if not about the same. I think that's why I've never really coveted one...I think I'm 'mad' at it for stealing the PKE's thunder in GBII! :?

So yeah, there have been many recent developments with ol' Giga, the Proptopia link should help ya out! 8)
By Back In Black
:D I think you can now buy a Giga meter kit!? 8)
By Kingpin
Um... no you can't.

Sean over at Proptopia was hoping to do a casting so that there'd be a few more of those puppies open for conversion... not sure how that's going.

In some ways, I've been in two minds over the PKE and Giga Meters, on the one hand, it's taking incredibly rare (old) appliances off the market and... for the lack of a better term, butchering them to make them into props.

On the flipside though, would anyone want them had it not been for their use in a hit 80s comedy and it's lacking sequel? Still... it'd be good if someone were able to make a decent selection of casts... for anyone wanting to make one of the meters in the future if there are no more shoe polishers out there.
Last edited by Kingpin on February 18th, 2006, 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Inferno
I finnaly got my Iona from ebay last night. I'll have pics posted and I'm gonna see about making some casts of the body for future PKEs.
By Fifthrider
Hi guys.

Long time visitor, but a rare poster to forums. I only post on the rare occasion that I can contribute something tangible.

I was in a mall this weekend and went into the Discovery Channel store. They had some toys and blinky things but damned if one of them didn't look like the the LED globe thing in the bottom of the Giga-Meter. Here's some pics I took with my camera phone. These are about as clear as some 1960s bigfoot footage on an 8mm camera but if you can get past the blurriness....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... ure001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... ure002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ ... ure003.jpg

If any of you are building a giga-meter and need the guts, this is what I would recommend. I've built every single GB prop out there so far with the exception of the Giga-meter. If I were to build one I would use this and just relocate the power supply to the body of the polisher thing spoken about above.
By Rob Smity
Hey fifthrider. I have that exact same toy and am working on a giga-meter. I'm just trying to decide what to use to house the motor and batterys. And I need to find a clear dome to cover the spinning lights. I would just cut the one that comes with it in half eccept that it has star shapes in it. What do you think?
By Rob Smity
Wait, you think that the motor for the lights could be put in the polisher thing? And where would I find one of those?
By prototype7
I'm not sure if this is common knowlege or not, but I wanted to throw out a suggestion I had about the little "antennas" on top. They look to be microphones. I remember old microphones from radioshack that were I think advertised as "stereo" microphones. They had the little silver cylinders on top with a mesh screen between the slots. It looks like they just lit these from the inside with different colored leds, and made them move back and fourth.
kinda like these guys
http://www.schoepsclassics.de/bilder/cmxy.jpg
I apologize if this is common knowlege... just trying to help.
By prototype7
Yup... that's the one I had in my head... but I couldn't find a picture on google quick enough. Like I said, I was pretty sure it had been found already.

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]