Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Alex Newborn
So the spectro-analyzer is called a De Pasto 4000?

LOL, I have never noticed that!

I guess I was always too distracted by the fact the photo Aykroyd inputs has not fully entered when the 'scan' pops out the other end.

Alex
Sutton621 liked this
By jackdoud
Alex Newborn wrote: I guess I was always too distracted by the fact the photo Aykroyd inputs has not fully entered when the 'scan' pops out the other end.
They have more than one in the scanner at a time. It's like a rolling pizza oven.
By BMoore25
Did anyone else notice that Dana knew a little about Vigo's past before The Ghostbusters ever mentioned anything about him to her.

says the all great and powerful bmoore
By Fritz
BMoore25 wrote:Did anyone else notice that Dana knew a little about Vigo's past before The Ghostbusters ever mentioned anything about him to her.

says the all great and powerful bmoore
Well, she was working at the museum with Janosz, who was working on the Vigo painting, and probably heard more than she had intended to ever know about Vigo from him. Janosz definitely doesn't seem like the type to know when to shut up. :lol:
By jessejames51
I agree, being a peice of art work currently in her department, it is very safe to assume she had some knowledge of the peice to a degree, aside from the fact vigo's spirit was living in it, janoz flapping his yap or not.

Sent from my SGH-I757M using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By jessejames51
Actually just watching the courtroom scene, I noticed that when they exit the courtroom after traping the scoleri bros., Venkman has one lc1 and one lc2 shoulder strap on his pack.....wonder what happend there.....

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Alex Newborn
Weird connections between two sequels that both came out in 1989...

Ghostbusters 2 and Back to the Future 2!

Mary Ellen Trainor in GB2:

Mary Ellen Trainor in BTTF2 (yes, she was married to director Bob Zemeckis at the time):

Marty McFly and Peter Venkman have similar taste in lamps:

Judy Ovitz in GB2 (yes, the wife of powerful agent Michael Ovitz):

Judy Ovitz in BTTF2:

Not only does she sell him a Gray's Sports Almanac, she tries to sell him a dustbuster.

Which is another prop visible in GB2 as well.

Alex
TheRockman, pmcbryde, Sutton621 and 2 others liked this
By d_osborn
mike ovitz represented most, if not all, of the primary GB cast at that time. i wonder if she had any good fake dinner conversation with mosen.

i was gonna say that i wouldn't be shocked if the liberty torch lamp came from the same prop house, but they look a little different. torch handle lengths, torch base size, etc. i could be wrong--hard to tell. either way, cool catch! it's actually a pretty cool lamp.

...and aykroyd's face in the last grab you posted. GOLD!
NessaSan, ghostfan003 liked this
By drjameshouse
One thing I noticed was on the Ecto-1 in the beginning of the movie the sniffer was rotating as they were driving. I don't think I had seen it rotate at all in the first movie. I remember seeing a deleted scene or something that the sniffer was following someone on the sidewalk, but I don't recall ever seeing it rotate in the first movie. I do remember one scene it looked like it was strapped down from moving.
Alex Newborn wrote:Marty McFly and Peter Venkman have similar taste in lamps:
As does GB producer Michael Gross!

~~~

Plus, does the Ghost Jogger have tire tracks across his chest?

If so, that's a pretty Beetlejuice-y kind of morbid detail.

Then again, if the Scoleris are still sitting in their electric chairs, maybe the ways the ghosts died do linger into the afterlife with them.

Alex
By Lundo12
Just noticed watching it last night that when Peter first sees Dana again in her apartment and says hello it sounds like he is mockingly/ironically saying it in the Zulu voice.
By Matt Campbell
I've read all 6 pages of this topic and have not notice anyone point this one out. Most people say that the charcoal grey uniforms are only ever worn for promotional shots and during the montage of GB 2, but in the scene where Ray & Egon are explaining the effects of negative energy on the slime to Winston & Peter Winston is clearly wearing his charcoal grey uniform.
By Hoot
How about when Ray starts his rant about New York being in the S#!TTER after their failed proton pack attempt on the museum.
Couple of firefighters start duking it out in the background. Talk about....ummm...timing....
Alex Newborn liked this
By Matt Campbell
Hoot wrote:How about when Ray starts his rant about New York being in the S#!TTER after their failed proton pack attempt on the museum.
Couple of firefighters start duking it out in the background. Talk about....ummm...timing....
What? Really?? I have to go back and check that out.
By Alex Newborn
Wow, good eye, Hoot! The only place I could play it to check was on the computer at the moment, so I went ahead and grabbed some frames.

A hand grabs this one fireman by the shoulder, and he whirls around and shoves.

It might have been just acting, since the story was about everyone in NY being in a bad mood.

But the way the editing cuts away so suddenly does suggest the take was unusable because of the background action.

Alex
By onlyalad19
I recently noticed that the semi hero pack on the evidence table closest to the slime jar during the courtroom scene has the thrower hanging in the opposite position and that the front barrel looks as if it has been broken. The awkward hanging position on the pack would make sense since they were attempting to hide the fact that is was broken for those particular scenes. Similarly that particular pack and thrower have the same kind of damage as the semi hero pack currently on display in the Sony lobby, which now makes me think that it is the same one. Any thoughts?
By BMoore25
Kid Chameleon wrote:
SoulKeeper8605 wrote:I may be wrong, but did Ray call Egon, Egie a few times in the film? Because I just noticed that (it sounded like) he did and was cracking up, but I want to verify that I wasn't hearing things lol.
I heard it like that as well: "Hey, Egie, she's twitchin'!"
Did anyone notice that Peter called him that too, when the cop first approached them at the giant hole in the street. I caught that too but didn't know what to think
By PssdffJay
BMoore25 wrote:
Kid Chameleon wrote:
I heard it like that as well: "Hey, Egie, she's twitchin'!"
Did anyone notice that Peter called him that too, when the cop first approached them at the giant hole in the street. I caught that too but didn't know what to think
I always thought Peter called him Ziggy.
Last edited by Fritz on October 22nd, 2013, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote tags
By GBfan_85
Here's a good one; towards the beginning of part 2, when Dana meets with Egon; he's working on how negative energy effects the physical plain. The device he has makes the whirring noise whenever negative energy is detected. When Dana asks how Peter's been, she asks "does he ever mention me?" Egon promptly says "no" then points the device at her and it begins whirring again lol.

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]