Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By groschopf
I keep seeing the bootleg version of the Ghostbusters logo popping up in fan creations and some licensed products.

So... just a friendly reminder.

If the logo doesn't have a a chin, has a lower and longer waistline, and generally poor line work, it's likely the bootleg logo that's been floating around on free vector art websites for years. Do not use it.

Sony should really provide their vendors with brand guidelines so that thing stops popping up.

If you must use a free vector logo, this one is at least closer to true. It's a an exact vector duplicate of the Butterwicks iron-on Ghostbusters logos from the '80s.

Ironically, it may be more accurate than the recent vector version Sony is using. You can compare it to the first scene from the '84 film where the car comes to a stop outside of the Sedgewick. Note the shape of the eyes:

Here it is again without the black fill:

This one without the black fill was loaded to Sony's creative assets page back in 2016 and can still be downloaded from Spook Central:

There are a few other iterations of the official logo.

When in doubt, make sure the logo has a chin.

There's a beveled version used for the 2009 video game:

2016 saw this logo brought into some ancillary use:

As well as this:

This thinner prohibitory mark showed up on the car in 2016:

And this one Sean Bishop fixed the arm/torso issue on:

As seen on Sean's car in Boomerjinks thread:
Kingpin, Glenn Frederick, NickFame13 and 4 others liked this
I vaguely remember reading something a few weeks ago about Sean's car having a distinct logo. I disagree that it was "fixed" though, because I always read the real logo's arm line being in front of the torso line as the ghost leaning slightly forward at the waist. However, I didn't realize until seeing the above pics that the 2016 car matches Sean's with that detail.

Also, being something of a cartoonist myself once upon a time, I personally always saw the 'chin' as the 'lower lip' of the ghost. I'm prepared to admit that's probably wrong now, judging from the placement of the line on the more dimensional version of the art on the firehouse sign.

Alex
NickFame13, cmcanall liked this

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]