Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Alphagaia

https://youtu.be/ktwR3VMDjvU

Rumors so far, but here is what they claim will happen:

Reitman loved what IDW did to the franchise and wants to make a TV series out of it.

Starting with ATC, the series will merge the timelines and create new franchises, with the Nexus being the interdimensional explosion that occurred at the end of the first movie, just like IDW did.

Slimer seems to hops from dimension to dimension, starting in ATC before emerging in the Sedgwick Hotel, so the ghostdimension seems to be the fabric between the other dimensions.

Focus will start on Holtzmann's character.
Last edited by Alphagaia on June 23rd, 2020, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 6:26 am I fully agree, but here is hoping there is some truth to it. Anyone know these guys?
I've heard of them before because they've interviewed the IDW crew like Erik Burnham. Dan Schoening drew them as an easter egg in an issue once.

And at the end they said an article is being typed up and will be posted soon.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 6:31 am
Alphagaia wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 6:26 am I fully agree, but here is hoping there is some truth to it. Anyone know these guys?
I've heard of them before because they've interviewed the IDW crew like Erik Burnham. Dan Schoening drew them as an easter egg in an issue once.

And at the end they said an article is being typed up and will be posted soon.
That certainly adds a little more legitimacy to their claim. They say they got the leak from a solid source that already got some other info right. Can't remember what is was, but I'll watch it again as they mention it at the start.

Edit: he says it's from a big source in the GB online community, who has been giving info a little ahead of the curve multiple times before.

Take that how you will, but it's vague.
Well I would welcome something that brings both worlds neatly in one continuity. I just hope that they don’t give up on the Ecto Force concept. I really love the idea of globe trotting Ghostbusters teaming up with other teams all over the world. If this is JUST another thing that can potentially come out of the franchise I will embrace it with open arms. :):):)
Dr.D wrote: June 23rd, 2020, 6:28 am They don't even have the story on their website, just the video.
There is now:

We have an FTN EXCLUSIVE here guys! And it’s a cracker for Ghostbusters fans.

Last night we did a live show (above) in which we broke the news that the future of the Ghostbusters franchise may not be on the big screen but on the small as it seems that Netflix (or another streamer) may be looking at developing a multiverse Ghostbusters series.

According to a source who I trust and is very big – and I’ve had it confirmed by a second source – in the GB fandom and has been ahead on news in the past, it seems that Ivan Reitman – director of the original two movies – is very impressed with what IDW have done with the franchise by bringing together all the Ghostbusters universes (not to mention Transformers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) and has expressed interest in doing something similar in the live-action universes too (as reported in the video below as far back as 2017):

Well now it seems like it may actually happen!

I have been told that there is plans to bring back – among others – the team from Paul Feig’s Ghostbusters: Answer the Call and also, in time, bring in other interactions of the gang (we have no details on who this will be) in a massive multiverse type crossover.

Think what Netflix did with the MCU license – so you could have a season of the Answer the Call team, another of the main Ghostbusters, then, I dunno, the Real Ghostbusters – before bringing them all together for a massive interdimensional cross-rip crossover.

Now, there is some other precedence to this, with Dan Aykroyd several times saying he wanted to do a young Ghostbusters series on Netflix. Also, don’t forget at the end of Answer the Call, the team pondered on who exactly Zuul was (the big bad from the first Ghostbusters movie).

Add to this back in 2015 Mission: Impossible: Rogue Nation writer Drew Pearce said (here) he had written a movie script – to be directed by the Russo brothers – that would see all the Ghostbusters universes come together, saying: “My personal inclination is to try and make everything occur in the same ’Ghostbusters’ universe, because I feel, as a fan, that’s what I would want.”

Oh, and Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum were set to star! Anyway, it never happened, presumably after the failure of Answer the Call it seems safe to assume that plans were reconsidered, but rather than scrapped, it may have been retooled… as a TV Series.

Now, the report states that the Answer the Call team will play a big role, with them likely leading the new series’ first season and that Holtzman, played wonderfully by Kate McKinnon, will be the lead as there is a desire to focus on the Franchise’s first openly LGBT character.

However, and there’s always a catch, isn’t there?, all this depends on the success of Ghostbusters: Afterlife.

If it’s a hit, then this will happen, if not, well, who knows?

Personally, I’m very excited for this idea and, while Answer the Call is nowhere near the same league as the original movie, I do believe the characters have potential and, given time to breathe and develop, could become a very welcome part of the franchise rather than the divisive force it has become.

So, what say you all? Are you excited at the prospect of a Ghostbusters TV series exploring all the corners of the multiverse or do you hate the idea? What teams would you like to see featured? I want to hear it all, gang!
You know after a look at the video and the bullet points of the article I always figured that after GB Afterlife the future of the franchise would most likely thrive on the small screen. I have said this before, but I believe Afterlife will probably be a great place to stop making live action films. It is very unlikely that Afterlife will be the last Live action film if it is successful, but I think it will be a hard act to follow. Now if Afterlife really gets the ball rolling on these Ghost Corps projects well hot damn! That would be sweet!

Now for the moment I am going to assume that this new news if credible is another new project being worked on and not a project that evolved or replaced the Ecto Force Idea. I would love to see this GB Multiverse series, Ecto Force and that Feature Animated film. I would love to see them all. Forgive me for bringing this up so much I just love talking about these concepts. I see no reason why we can’t see ALL these things come together. :)

With the Multiverse Series could you imagine how fun that would be. I know Maurice Lamarche, Dav Coulier, Arsenio Hall and Frank Welker would be up for a return to their RGB characters. That seems like a fun ambitious project. Personally I think an animated series would also be the best way to incorporate the ATC crew. I can see that Cast more likely reuniting in a recording booth than another live action film. In animation they can go as big as they want without having to worry about a heavy effects budget. I know great animation can be pretty expensive in it’s own way, but there are just so many possibilities here. I hope there is some truth to this new news. :):):)
Alphagaia liked this
By Dan AKA
There's been so many Ghostbusters projects that are pitched the best policy is to believe it when you see it. I still remember that two months before Reitman's trailer came out Dan was talking about a new movie and even at that point I didn't believe it or him. Or how about the Ecto-Force cartoon, or the animated Ghostbusters movie from the point of view of a ghost? Who knows man, they throw out all kinds of ideas to see what sticks and is marketable.
By Dr.D
I'm not buying it. There is still not a single shred of actual evidence, this is all hearsay. Anyone could claim to have an inside source. And to be honest, just because they've interviewed the IDW crew doesn't really mean anything. I once interviewed Aykroyd for a Chicago radio show, doesn't make me some kind of insider.
deadderek liked this
Dr.D wrote: June 25th, 2020, 5:32 am I'm not buying it. There is still not a single shred of actual evidence, this is all hearsay. Anyone could claim to have an inside source. And to be honest, just because they've interviewed the IDW crew doesn't really mean anything. I once interviewed Aykroyd for a Chicago radio show, doesn't make me some kind of insider.
Did they also include you as a cameo in their comic?

I mean, sure it's still very possible a rumor that won't pan out, but there does seem a deeper connection here.
I really dont think a TV show continuing from the remake would be met with great success considering how bad the movie is.

But look at the cast of Afterlife; Grace, Wolfhard, Rudd and Coons have all worked in TV. Rudd and Wolfhard are already linked to IPs with Netflix. I could see like 8-10 episode seasons continuing from Afterlife with appearances every so often from the original crew.
seekandannoy liked this

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker scen[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]

Where do the other ends of the red/yellow wire[…]