Yeah, I searched briefly via Google and didn't come up with much and just resided to ordering a Tru Spec and trying to dye it. I've had a tru spec for years and It is close enough for me. I still intend on giving G&B a try later in the year.
You can probably still order standard sizes, and they're $40 cheaper... they're shipping mine next week, and it has all the Ghostbuster options, just not custom measurements...
She must have assumed that is what I was talking about, when I was just asking about specific options and custom measurements using their P/C fabric. She shut me down pretty fast over the phone so I didn't give it a second thought.
I want a rip stop suit god dammit lol. Ugh well I'll keep looking at possible companies there has to be another way to get rip stop suits if AJ could find a company to make the elbow pads then I think we can find one for the rip stop suits. Never give up!!!
I have contacts at G&B and they are swamped with work. They made the decision to no longer take the GB suit orders because of the extra time it takes to make one with the needed mods vs a standard suit. They are still taking made to measure suits and you can still order a Sentinel suit in the grey material. Any special requests and customer supplied material will be rejected though.
JoeLuna33 wrote:I have contacts at G&B and they are swamped with work. They made the decision to no longer take the GB suit orders because of the extra time it takes to make one with the needed mods vs a standard suit. They are still taking made to measure suits and you can still order a Sentinel suit in the grey material. Any special requests and customer supplied material will be rejected though.
Yep, they are definitely swamped, when my suit ships next week, it would be week 12, and considering shipping time, I will receive it on the 13th week... I guess I chose the right time to order... I ordered a Dark Gray 44S Sentinel (since standard sizes are $40 cheaper, and a 44S normally fits just fine for me), with Ghostbuster options added, and an extra back pocket, so I have a better place for my wallet...
The Sentinal is a milspec flight suit. It is pretty much the same as what you can buy from a surplus store, tru-spec, or any other flight suit company. G&B just happens to be the manufacture of the screen used suits and they do made to measure suits.

As far as waiting until the end of the year. They are currently at a 14 week waiting period for standard suits and I was told that they have no intensions on taking GB suit sales anymore. I talked to them yesterday about all of this.
JoeLuna33 wrote:I was told that they have no intensions on taking GB suit sales anymore. I talked to them yesterday about all of this.
well that seems counted productive, if i was this company i would be stoked that i was getting all these high price custom orders and stuff!
GB suits are a very minimal part of their business that honestly they wouldn't notice if it was gone. They do huge orders for aviation companies as well as supply helmets. They recently opened a 2nd production facility to keep up with the demand. A few GB suits a year lost isn't exactly going to put them out of business.
Well that sucks. I wonder if they got tired of people calling asking lots of questions and not ordering anything. I don't know if that was the case or not, but I know I would get annoyed if that kept happening to me. This is a big loss to the community for those of us who actually wanted to get suits with custom options.
I, too, thought about ordering a G&B but read previous
post and decided on the Nomex. It's a 50L and fits
great. Received it 6 days after I ordered it. But it would've
still been awesome if I had the G&B.
Just spoke to Rita a moment ago (she just shipped out my dark gray suit this afternoon), and I asked her about the future of custom GB suits, and this is what she told me:

- Due to the sheer amount of 'Busters ordering custom Ghostbusters suits, they had to halt new orders to get caught up (standard orders take 6-8 weeks, mine took almost 12 weeks, so they're definitely bogged down)... delay is mostly due to the amount of detail and options we request...

- Although they do get a lot of custom orders from our community, we are still a small part of the majority of their business, and since we are just ordering onesies twosies here and there at random intervals, it impedes their production cycle.

- Once they get caught up, hopefully by the end of the summer, they will re-evaluate whether they will return to offering custom suits with GB options...

In short - keep crossing you fingers... unfortunately, we're just not a huge part of their business at the moment...
Well, Ecto... issue with your plan is, even if they do start accepting custom orders again, they did confirm long ago that they will no longer accept customer provided fabric, so your plan is unfortunately SOL... which is too bad, would love a ripstop suit as well...

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]