For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
By SSJmole
pferreira1983 wrote:
SSJmole wrote:I'm not acting for big budget game on that. The first game ended with franchise talk. I'm basing sequel on that but genre switching a little and focusing on co-op which Imo is the one failure of the ps3 version. It's like that ninja turtles game with no co-op. Why do that? The franchise is based off teamwork. I am suggesting taking that game and adding more rpg and MMO elements. Who doesn't want to create a ghostbuster and team with friends?
But didn't the 2009 console game version offer co-op? You could play as any character.
Not really you played as "rookie" in single player on ps3 not even a named buster (Wii had cop op but both were rookies) there was a multiplayer mode on ps3 and 360 but felt tacked on and unrelated to main story mode wait was stuff like catch most slimers

I love the game but that one aspect I didnt thus I played Wii most to at least co-op story
Ivo Shandor wrote:Unlike most people here, I wasn't a huge fan of the GB video game. The visuals and gameplay were great, but I thought the plot was mediocre. I'd love to see a new game, though.
I've said since the game came out if they made that into a movie it would be considered weaker than GB II. Watchable but disappointing.
By SSJmole
pferreira1983 wrote:
Ivo Shandor wrote:Unlike most people here, I wasn't a huge fan of the GB video game. The visuals and gameplay were great, but I thought the plot was mediocre. I'd love to see a new game, though.
I've said since the game came out if they made that into a movie it would be considered weaker than GB II. Watchable but disappointing.
Yeah but great for it's medium (though based on films now like the force awakens all the nostalgia would give it overwhelming praise if its week story wise)

Like Citizen Kane would make a terrible videogame lol.
SSJmole wrote:Like Citizen Kane would make a terrible videogame lol.
If Citizen Kane was made into a videogame it would be developed by Telltale, be episodic and have little to no gameplay but get fantastic reviews because that kind of thing is hip at the moment.
By SSJmole
pferreira1983 wrote:
SSJmole wrote:Like Citizen Kane would make a terrible videogame lol.
If Citizen Kane was made into a videogame it would be developed by Telltale, be episodic and have little to no gameplay but get fantastic reviews because that kind of thing is hip at the moment.
They have gameplay and interactions that are still good. They get get reviews as £25 for a story driven game that works and feels fun > £50 for a Dudebro shooter that is just like every other fps and full of glitches to be patched later
SSJmole wrote:
They have gameplay and interactions that are still good. They get get reviews as £25 for a story driven game that works and feels fun > £50 for a Dudebro shooter that is just like every other fps and full of glitches to be patched later
Strange, I look at a Telltale game and I don't see any gameplay apart from pressing a button and seeing the game play by itself.
Well I'd love to see a new game maybe based on Dan's scripts or ideas or even upgrading the ps3 game for ps4 like they did with Skyrim and Uncharted but it's unlikely. I think the real fans of that game are busters like us and that's fine it really was a game made for fans but considering even the reboot film didn't do wonders box office wise...I'm not sure how much there going to put into a new game
pferreira1983 liked this
It seems the new Ataribox is going to be able to play not just the 8bit games but games from throughout Atari's published history. A couple of months ago it seemed unlikely but now it's entirely possible if the Kickstarter is successful we might get the 2009 game available for it among other later published Atari games.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]