Discuss storylines and progress on fan fiction and other works in progress and post links to your Fan Fiction here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By GhostMaster
Hey, I’m picking up on a Ghostbusters project and have a few questions for the Ghostbusters community. Most of the questions I already know the answer to, however I would like YOU as the intelligent fans of the community to help me out. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

- Can ghosts always be seen?
- How physical can ghosts get?
- What types of ghosts are there? Class A, Class B, etc.
- What are the different PKE meter readings?
- Ghostbusters rules? Rule 1, Rule 2, etc.

Thank you for your input.
GhostMaster wrote:Hey, I’m picking up on a Ghostbusters project and have a few questions for the Ghostbusters community. Most of the questions I already know the answer to, however I would like YOU as the intelligent fans of the community to help me out. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

- Can ghosts always be seen?
- How physical can ghosts get?
- What types of ghosts are there? Class A, Class B, etc.
- What are the different PKE meter readings?
- Ghostbusters rules? Rule 1, Rule 2, etc.

Thank you for your input.
Ghosts can apparently materialize visibly at will, however, they are some species that are invisible without specialized equipment, like some poltergiests.

Based on the research I've done, the media I've seen, the shows, the films etc, I would imagine that anything class 2 and below are generally harmless in nature with a class 2 not being able to fully become corporeal enough to do real damage. As for physicallity, Class 1's are non physical, but some class 2's can return attacks... I would imagine you shuold be wary of anything Class 2 or above with sufficient energy. Possession would be the least of your worries.

Class 3 and above is where it gets tricky because Class 3 spirits are spirits that have a defined identity but are usually anonymous hauntings (ie usually humans who have forgotten who they are or "de-evolved") Class 4 spirits are human ghosts that have and retain their identity and are usually best gotten rid of by research and examining the past for clues to find out what ties them. Class 5's are inhuman spirits (like slimer), and according to what I've read, could be possibly be the reults of an extreme emotional event or release of energy. These appear to be the most common and are usually very dangerous. Class 6 spirits are animal spirits or spirits of lower life forms. ...Class 7's are demons/demigods...usually its best to stop these things from entering our world to begin with it seems...also, the class system seems to be flexible, if you take the cartoons into effect, and goes up to 13 as far as we know and then there is a sublevel and classification system as well that varies by species of ghost.

no one has yet to establish a measurement system for the PKE, (this will change when the game comes out most likely)

...the rules are varied depending on the source...
The Rules of ghostbusters are generally:

1.) Don't cross the streams (risk of nuclear explosion)
2.) Don't open the containment unit (this should be obvious)
3.) Don't look directly into the trap (risk of eye damage)
4.) Don't go alone. (risky and best avoided. Ask Egon what happened to HIM when he went after Akira alone).
5.) Split up. (seems a bit contradictory to the previous rule).

...These are the only rules I am aware of that have been mentioned in all the series...i could be missing a few but these are the only real standards that have been constants in both fan fiction and the canon of the shows and films.

More on classes....if you take the films in this order: Ghostbusters, The Real Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2, More Real Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters The VideoGame and Extreme Ghostbusters, then it all makes pretty much a linear storyline which evolves over time AND adds to the Class System pre-established by the two films which makes sense as 7 levels probably wouldnt begin to recognize every single species of ghost out there. For example, the first Class 10 we saw was in the Real Ghostbusters episode "Ghosts R Us" and it was an Class 10 animator, meaning it possessed physical objects and brought them to life. We will be seeing plenty of animators in the game apparently as object golems.

On the other side of the coin, in Extreme Ghostbusters (why most people dismiss it I will never know because it is a direct sequel to Real Ghostbusters and a great show), you have the highest we have seen yet, which is a Class 13, which was the demon god Tenebraug, which was a deity worshipped by the Druids (fictional as far as I can tell though most of the ghosts in all of the series have real world counterparts in myth and legend), to whom sacrifices were made, specifically of anyone who gazed at his Orb; he had a tendency to rip out your eyes from your sockets and stick them in his gut, which he then used to see by.

I would also take it to mean that Class 13's are new and probably rare, as Kylie was very upset with Eduardo for him making her miss out on it, though in the end they were the ones who defeated Tenebraug with a bit of ingenuity and luck.

Also, Extreme Ghostbusters added a level system in conjunction with the established class system, as Garrett labels a biker ghost he enounters in "Fear Itself" as a Level C. How far up or down that system goes we don't know....given Garrett's brash personality, its likely that a Level C is probably a high class ghost capable of great damage, since he is something of a thrill seeker.

Then you have your different sub-classifications, like "animator", "bi-dimensional attractor", "vaporous apparition", "fire-starter", "fire-brand" " crime lord" " full torso"....all these describe in techno jargon what a ghost actually DOES or IS. For example, Pozo, the ghost ganster who looked like Jabba the Hutt with a sunburn, was a fire starter, meaning, he could make physical contact with an object and cause it to instantly combust....Janine and Louis were lucky he wasn't in the mood for a barbecue.

The class system currently in place is largely based on the films,c artoons, comics and of course, the fan fictions have expanded it even more, making a wide greatly detailed suffusion of creativity, much like how the Expanded Universe did for Star Wars by adding depth to what is already established and there is always room for more.

Class dismissed! LOl

PS

Yes that was an incredibly bad pun.

Also, sorry I can’t answer the question, but[…]

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]

Thanks The_Y33TER ! Confirmation there's no elect[…]

A little sneak preview of one of the bedrock parts[…]