Discuss storylines and progress on fan fiction and other works in progress and post links to your Fan Fiction here on Ghostbusters Fans.
By gbrob
I guess this is the proper section to post this and not in the GBIII section.

Anyways, I'm just coming up with ideas for how the script should work out for the potential GBIII (if it happens) so this is fan fiction.

----------------

Ghostbusters III (Hopefully they don't use a subtitle).

Character development:

Stantz and Zeddmore are currently partially retired from ghost catching so they still do it now and then. They mainly focus on giving speeches at paranormal seminars, etc.

Spengler has a technology consulting business. It would have a cool name but I can't think of one now. "SpengCorp Consulting" or something.

Venkman - Hopefully he'd be married by now but not with Dana as Sigourney Weaver said she wouldn't be in the new film last I heard anyway. I could see the film mentioning that this is his 2nd wife.

Venkman has a history in TV via World of the Psychic so maybe he's still doing something in TV like Ghost Hunters or something. I could also picture him having an overnight radio show similar to Coast to Coast AM.

--------

Plot of a new GB III film:

I'm still trying to figure out what the new Supernatural enemy / challenge would be this time around.

I could picture a big hole that's opening out in the middle of the ocean that's letting all kinds of demons and crap out into our world. Since this is something out in the ocean, a bunch of news crews would be filming what's going on. Although they can get some footage, they don't get a lot as electronics do not work when you get near this phenomenon .

I'll post more as I think of anything.

---------

If anyone likes or doesn't like what I post here let me know. Also feel free to post your ideas in this thread. I think it could be fun to come up with our own outline.
By Coover5
I really liek your ideas so far. and I really liek that idea of the hole int he ocean. When I read it I thought this would kinda be interesting: The giant hole appears and at the center is a volcano. but not just any volcano. Hell's Volcano. It is the passage way for demon's to reach earth. The MAIN portal from hell to earth is at the center of the earth but the volcano acts as a passage from that portal to land. and may be the villian would be some man who was insane (or went insane) looking for the portal to hell and after he died he went to hell found the portal to earth then he offered demons freedom from satan's tyranny if they would help him build Hell's Volcano. Hell's Volcano was something he was known for believing in but people laughed at him so not only is this his way of showing people he was right it's also his way of taking over the world. BTW he died around 1865 or so. he published a book about Hell's Volcano but very few copies were sold. however the concept was included in books later for the sake of including it. Sorry this message was a little longer than I thought it would be but I hope you enjoy what I shared.
By gbrob
Not bad Coover. That would look cool on screen.

-----------

Cont.

I'm thinking that the hole opening in the Ocean could be something left over from the Philadelphia Experiment and it's just now starting to get bigger.

I also had an idea for a scene early in the movie in which there is a haunted cruise ship (out in the ocean of course) that Stantz and Zeddmore go and take care of. They have to be landed on the ship from a helicopter.

This leads to them finding out about the hole opening up from some news footage.

The military contacts the GBs and informs them that this is in fact left over disruptions from the Philadelphia Experiment.

The military will give them a shit load of funding if they sign a non-disclosure agreement as they don't want the public to find out that the Philadelphia Experiment was a real event.

This funding then helps the GBs to open up new franchises and hence bring in new recruits.
By Coover5
very ncie i like how all the extra funding will alow for new equipment. i also really like the idea of the ship.
By gbrob
Thanks man :D

Like I said, your idea was good too. The experiment they did back then could have caused this hole to open up which would be a portal to Hell or something.

A bunch of military ships would soon surround this hole in the ocean to block any filming of this event.

According to this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_experiment ...

... the Philadelphia experiment caused a lot of adverse side effects such as nausea, mental problems, etc. I could picture this happening to a lot of people in the movie such as on the cruise ship early in the film.

-----------

Other scenes

Since the hole is letting a bunch of paranormal crap into our dimension and news crews are trying to film it everyones televisions could be "messing up" and displaying really weird images I assume from another dimension IE "Hell". Also radios are now broadcasting weird noises as well. EVPs on steroids.

-------------------
By iamtheraceman
Here's one for a dilemma... All the spirits from New York City's past begin to rise. The people killed in the draft riots, the girls from the Triangle Shirt Factory fire, etc. All the major catastrophies begin to resurface as spiritual phenomenon. Then, the world trade center looms over the city once again. All of the occurrences are traced back to the original indian tribe that lived there before the Dutch settled and had them "relocated" and murdered. I have no idea how to resolve this, but it would be pretty darn cool.
By gbrob
Nice one man!

Though people would make a big deal over the WTC showing up again.

Great idea tho.
By iamtheraceman
That's why it's gotta be done! It is, after all, the greatest tragedy to ever occur in the city. Can't ignore that. If tragedies are occurring that are famous in the city's history I think more people would be offended if it were left out. I know I would.
By iamtheraceman
Oh, totally agreed! If a 3rd film ever surfaced I would rather have the Ayckroyd / Ramis treatment over ANYTHING else hands down. We's just playin' right now since it doesn't look like that'll ever happen. But we can hope....
By Coover5
i had an idea for a bust that I think may sound very stupid to every one else but I thought it was interesting. A boy band is haunting a school gym. Now right off the batt hats ounds liek crap I know but let me explain. The boy band was going to play at the school a few years ago to raise money for katrina victims. but the ban'd bus crashed and they died. well their ghosts eventually ge to the school gym and sing and dance like nothing ever happened. (tho they don't get to the gym right away it's a few month later) and ever since then the school has not used the gym. now that we are done with the backstory (which isn't even needed) i will procceed to why ti would be cool to have the busters get them. It's the dance moves! if you ever remember watching a music video of a boy band you will rmemeber their moves were always weird looking. i recommend going on youtube at watchiong a music video of nsync or backstreet boys (feel free to but the song on mute that's what i did) i would recommend checking out Bye Bye Bye or It's Gonna Be Me (or even pop) for funky moves. plus boy bands r ususually a group of 5 so there's plenty of ghost to go around
By Coover5
i know it sounds weird but i think it would be interesting tho i notcied i left out something important. when u enter the school gym noise dissapears
By Spartan B 292
It may just be me but it seems that everyone wants a very dark GB3 ya know "cats and dogs living together...mass hysteria!" I had 2 ideas, the first is one of egon's inventions goes crazy and opens a portal to the nether world.(as seen in the RGB episode Egons Ghost) My second idea is the containment unit blows and all the ghosts wage war on on humanity.(yes I know that is alot like an episode of EGB, still like the Idea though)
By gbrob
I've seen that vid... too bad you can tell which movies he used. Pretty good though. :)

-------------------------

Ok so for my fan script there is this hole that's opening in the ocean which is another dimension overlapping with ours.

A lot of news crews are trying to film what's happening and as they do, this hole interferes with all the TV and radio signals.

Imagine watching a newscast of this event . As the reporter is talking about it, you can see his skin start to melt and eyes turn red but THIS IS NOT REALLY HAPPENING - just (as stated before) interference from the other dimension. It's making everyone think they're seeing crazy shit like that on the television. As people turn on the radio for news about what's going on, they hear screams and weird noises on the radio. Again... inter dimensional signal interference.

There would be a scene in a bar where people are watching TV and drinking. As they are watching the news and the reporter's skin starts to melt - some of the customers look at their glasses and put them down on the bar and leave.

An early scene idea I have has an old couple walking down the hallway of a cruise ship. As they are walking to their cabin, the normal carpeted hallway suddenly turns into an old stone tunnel in front of their eyes. After about a minute the hallway turns back to normal and the old lady faints.

The GBs have to stop our dimension permanently becoming a part of the other hellish dimension.

---------
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

Is anybody making Slime Blowers that would fit the[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]

I just couldn't help myself and had to add texture[…]