By DoctorStrange
ode2kenobi wrote:
There is a guy selling a pack on ebay at the moment from singleton NSW sorry no linkage thats a no no dude, I asked him about it today and its a fiberglass shell with resign parts, looks pretty sweet needs a few more things though to finish it though
That's crazy because I actually live in Singleton! Damn it, I'm bidding on this! I suck at building things and this is a once-in-a-life-time opportunity! Wish me luck!
By ode2kenobi
lovers wrote:That's crazy because I actually live in Singleton!
well at leat you should be able to pick it up then cause you would hate for him to ship it ouch!!!

Good Luck
By DoctorStrange
Indeed I shall. My maximum bid is fairly high so I'm hoping I win (lucky I get paid next week). If I do get that pack I want to add lights and sound so I'll need help for that. Also, I'll have to get myself a suite, trap, goggles and PKE which I'll try and make. If I don't win the pack I'll be buying a shell so expect me to have LOTS of question in the future. :blush:

I know you guys have all said that part of the joy comes from building the pack yourself. I can understand this but construction is NOT one of my skills. I'm an artist, I draw and paint (and write a little too), but building ---no way man. I only JUST past sculpture when I did my Bachelor of Fine Art.

But still, one can take something and make it their own, and that's what I plan to do with this!

And I really appreciate all the offers of help. I've only been here two days and everyone has already been terribly accommodating. Thanks a lot, guys! :cool:
By RickH
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The lights in mine and Andrew's packs are from Exoray, but you can expect a couple of months waiting time if you put an order in with him, he's got a 1000 projects on the go at the moment. Top quality though, and pretty easy to install.

If you want temporary lights, you could probably get an LED chaser kit from Dick Smith for $20, that's set you up for cyclotron and power bar, maybe.

Ebay.com is the best source of flightsuits. That's where I got mine, and I just bought 2 more for Ben and myself. Both are nomex and were only $15 US each (plus $40 shipping though, but $75AU for two nomex flight suits is still a bargain).
By DoctorStrange
Thanks for the tips. Maybe we should make a Buying Prop Parts In Australia thread?

Anyway, I'll look into all of that stuff after I find out what's happening with the pack I bid on. I actually have a pair of welding goggles that I thought might go alright for Ecto-Goggles. Also, I might see if I still have my old mobile phone laying around, it might be OK for a make-shit PKE...
By DoctorStrange
Well, it was under what I would have payed, but it;s was still a lot. So I don't regret it, but my bank account is quite sore.

By the way, I've started a threat HERE detailing what I plan to do and have posted some photos.
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]