The yanks are getting more promotion and hype for this game than they can handle. They've got the Slimer Edition, unlockable uniforms and GB swag up the wazoo. Furthermore the chances of the game having a midnight launch in certain stores is an almost certainty considering how well it's been pre-selling.

Meanwhile here in Australia I doubt many people know the game exists because Atari isn't selling it to us. There are STILL no pre-order bonuses with the exception of an embarrassingly piss poor promotion EB has going that I won't even bother describing, dummy boxes have started to sprout up here and there but no big f*&K off cardboard displays with a release date and summaries, we still don't have our final cover art and hell with it I could go on but the point is Aussie interest in this game doesn't seem strong. Our release date maybe a week later but that doesn't explain why Atari Australia isn't being more gung ho in selling this game. Maybe their taking their time and I'm just being impatient but I'm worried that it's not going to do well, I don't even want any of those GB goodies (with the exception of the GB2 uniform) but I want to see it succeed here.
Dry your tears.
There are so many games out there that have a 'cult' following. But dont get big lime light events for them.

Im going to buy the game, your going to buy the game. We will both love the game. I personally dont care if no one else does.

I doubt it will "Flop"

Sorry for being blunt.
Video games aren't really promoted to the main stream here in Australia. Most people would only know about it if they buy Gamer magazines or hang out at EB Games everyday.

Even the biggest selling games aren't really promoted. I'm thinking Call of Duty and the like. If it's a good game it'll sell itself!

I'll probably buy it when I go to Supanova, same with the DVD.
I walked past EB Games on Saturday at the mall and noticed they had a cardboard Ghostbusters dispay. It was pretty much just a shelving display with empty game boxes for the different consoles.

My mum also sent me a txt this morning saying she saw something on the Today show about Ghostbusters. Can't confirm though coz I didn't see it myself. So I'd say the enthusiasm is slowly increasing as game day draws closer. It'll probably be the biggest blu-ray release this year for a vintage movie, since old titles are being released every week in blu ray but no fanfare is made for them. GB is the only one that anyone is making a big deal about.
Aussie gamers know about it and EB is promoting it. Good Game on ABC2 gave it great coverage and a really good review. I got it a few days ago and absolutally love it. A few of my mates at work have asked how I liked it and after I told them it was freeeeeeeeeeakin' awesome (which it is, I don't care if it's not Halo, it's brilliant) they said they are gonna pick it up.

So I'm sure it'll do well. It may not be the biggest seller, but it'll be out there.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]