By ted+annette
what's the quality like? I mean are the episodes remastered or are they just transfers of original masters. I'm assuming that none of the extras from the complete collection are included which is fine by me not being a RGB die-hard but it would be nice if the episodes were cleaned up.
By RickH
I don't think they've been remastered. But I'm not complaining for $12.

Something I liked, which I didn't really pay attention to when I used to watch RGB as a kid, was the music featured in the episodes. Some pretty good 80's pop music in there.
By ode2kenobi
no extras at all which is dissapointing cause we know they're out there but yeah $12 I guess I cant complain,

I bought my 8 yr old nephew a copy as well who loveds the movies and has me building him a pack for his birthday well he nearly exploded with excitment as all he knew where the movies, he sat straight down and watched about 5 episodes in a row which shows it hasn't dated
By ted+annette
ode2kenobi wrote:no extras at all which is dissapointing cause we know they're out there but yeah $12 I guess I cant complain,

I bought my 8 yr old nephew a copy as well who loveds the movies and has me building him a pack for his birthday well he nearly exploded with excitment as all he knew where the movies, he sat straight down and watched about 5 episodes in a row which shows it hasn't dated
Precious. :cool:
By lovers
Yeah i got my copy.......... but not without controversy !!!!!!
I looked through Big W DVD section for a while and couldn't find it anywhere, so................. i went to the counter to see if they could find it on their database or something. When i asked if they had it, this moron of a man starts laughing in the most smartarse laugh ever and says whilst laughing " No, no,no.............. You're thinking about the game which comes out later in the year". I then informed him that i was looking for the DVD of the first series of RGB. I even said i know people who have purchased it. He continued with his fake smartarse laugh and was even hitting his hand on the counter in fits of laughter.
Now i have a really short fuse so rather than knock this guy out i just took in a deep breath and walked away, as i was walking away i see out of the corner of my eye............ RGB SEASON 1!!!!!!!!! So i took a copy back to the counter tossed it to the guy and said "maybe you should check you computer next time, dickhead"!!!!!!!!
I then walked away grabbed another copy while he wasn't looking (I wanted him to think that he had lost a customer) and took it to the very front counter, made my purchase and walked away feeling very happy. HA HA HA
By lovers
It was either he thought that i had it all mixed up and was meaning the game and that he was a Big W genius or that a 25 yr old dude looking for a cartoon.
Either way he was an arsehat
By lovers
It was either he thought that i had it all mixed up and was meaning the game and that he was a Big W genius or that a 25 yr old dude looking for a cartoon.
Either way he was an arsehat
By RickH
Was this at Richmond Big W? I couldn't find it either at first, but it was on the very bottom in the corner. Big W is usually the cheapest place to buy DVD's, but they make you work for it by not stacking them in alphabetical order.

Don't worry bout it, that guy was probably 30 years old and still working the checkout at Big Dub. Someday he might work his way up to manager of the hi-fi section, even.
By AMC78
I found a heaps of RGB copies at Target Chatswood, 12 bucks, they also had heaps of dvds for sale so I picked up Short Circuit, and Never Ending Story for $9 ea and season 1 Extreme GB for $12. Big W was a mess, you couldnt make heads or tails with the way they had things set out on display, Target was worse but it was a fluke my gf found copies on a stand at the bottom buried behind some random dvds that weren't meant to be there.
By ode2kenobi
AMC78 wrote:I picked up Short Circuit, and Never Ending Story for $9 e
I've been going through the old 80's movies the last few weeks and just re-watched Never Ending Story the other day, still awesome after all these years gotta watch no2 again, have never bothered with the 3rd though ( I also watched Boy Who Could Fly and Flight of the Navigator is next but i'm really getting off topic here)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By RickH
ode2kenobi wrote:
AMC78 wrote:I picked up Short Circuit, and Never Ending Story for $9 e
I've been going through the old 80's movies the last few weeks and just re-watched Never Ending Story the other day, still awesome after all these years gotta watch no2 again, have never bothered with the 3rd though ( I also watched Boy Who Could Fly and Flight of the Navigator is next but i'm really getting off topic here)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is The Boy Who Could Fly about a kid who sits outside his window with his arms out, and has a girl next door who thinks he's weird and mysterious? I vaguely remember that.

Other movies I liked were B.R.A.T. Patrol which starred Sean Astin, Flight of the Navigator, Goonies, Milly Willy (about an unpopular girl who turns into popular boy after a solar eclipse), and I-Man (Scott Bakula movie about a guy and his son that get exposed to radiation and become invincible).
By redlum83
Picked up my copy of Season 1 RGB today at Kmart for $13. A scream of joy accompanied me actually locating it on the shelves. Once I loaded it up and watched a few episodes I realised how f**king scary the episodes were! Im 26 and can happily recall the days when ch 10 screened it in the arvos. But my housemates and I watched the boogeyman ep (my sacrilegious housemates called it a 'vintage cartoon') and I realised how terryfying that character is! And the Sandman! Creepy as....so now I have a great reason to blame my current mental state ; )
Annyway, a great investment, and it brings back so many great memories. Just dont watch it in the dark!
By Venkman Blues
the boogieman cometh scared the heck outta of me when i first saw it back watching it on saturdays mornings
thought i found myself laughing at some of the things that at the time back then i didnt get - (in troll bridge when ray is yelling after peter as they drive away - when i was a kid i didnt get that - but i just broke out giggling watching taht sence again
:blush:
Aw damit I keep forgeting to pick this dvd up! >_< I'm hardly ever at a Big W. I must make sure I pick it up soon otherwise it'll be lost in the black hole which is Big W. :sigh:

I know that the show freaked me out when I was kid hahaha But I watched a 'heap' on Youtube earlier this year. Some of those eps are pretty freaking scary. Like the one where they go to France and that dudes face just melts off D= But the lines they say are classic.

Ray: "Hey I have a jacket that colour"
Venkman:"And that Ray, is why you're still a lonely man."
:lol: classic hahahah

That and the animation is very excellent in quality for it's time. Especially for just a tv series. They actually used spacing/timing correctly and followed through with movements. Sighhh you dont see that kind of quality nowadays. =(

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]