By RickH
(from the For Sale folder)
Hey Rick would be great to be able to get one together as a group some day, between a group of us, we could start a weekend project, get together work on the thing, beer, bbq, kinda like Eric Bana and his car in Love the Beast, could do an AU Ecto hehe. That's some fanciful thinking though on my behalf. How many of that Vic guy's Caddies are 59s? Could have owned one too I guess if I invested money in one instead of a Bimmer :P
Hehe, I've got an AU wagon. I was thinking of doing an XA wagon Ecto some day. But one project at a time :-) I've already got an XB coupe in the paint shop and the Caddy needs semi-regular maintenance as well.

The guy in VIC's only got one '59. I think there's 3 59's in Oz. My old one is now in Perth, and I think there's another one up in north NSW.
By AMC78
Hey Rick is the XB the same as Bana's and Mad Max? Well here's hoping the guy up north wants to sell his maybe some day :-)
By RickH
Yeah same as Eric Bana's. Except I haven't spent hundreds-of-thousands on mine, lol.

When my coupe's finished I might think about doing another project. I'll need to do another dash-for-cash to Iraq first though to get my bank balance back up to scratch!
By AMC78
Well make sure you come back in one piece so you can enjoy the fruits of your labour :-) Man those coupes are pretty hard to find, was it in good nick or run down when you got it? Hope you upgrade the leaf springs though :wink:

Is it a 302, 351W?
By RickH
Leaf springs are awesome man, hehe. I want to upgrade the front suspension though.

It was a in pretty decent nic. I bought it in 2000, so I've had it a fair while. Used to drive it every day for a few years. You're right there's not many around any more. My boss at work has one also that he drives weekly. There's also another SGT at richmond that has one as a daily driver. So I guess all the coupes in NSW are owned by RAAFies, hehe

it's a 351C with 4v heads and 4sp toploader. original motor.
By AMC78
What paint colour is it? 351 is hard to get without transplanting, most cars have 302s l've seen in Unique Cars. Man one day I'd like an Impala or Camaro or 59 hearse, preferrably the latter :wink: There was a 4dr 67 Impala at the Northern Beaches for sale but the guy wanted 20k for something you could tick most boxes on having to replace so I didnt $$$$$$$ it was pillarless too which is rare. I'd have it converted it into Metallicar from Supernatural. Get a 427 crate engine for it, no mucking around hehe.
By RickH
Mine's a factory 351 GT. It's getting painted orange with black GT stripes. It should look pretty tough when it's finished.

Impala's are tough, too. I also like the 67 Lincoln Continental convertibles. They have factory rear suicide doors! Way tough! Kevin Costner drives one in "3000 Miles To Graceland".

This is my vision of an Aussie Ecto-1. There's still enough chrome to be a classic:

By AMC78
Yeah that looks cool as is. Put some dragways rims on it, although those ones look alright too, fatties at the rear and skinnies upfront, lift the back a bit hehe. It would look good as an ecto aswell. What do you think they'd use in the new movie, a Dodge or 300c touring? In the expanded universe of ecto's I always wondered if they would have more modern cars. If the franchise did well, it would make sense because they got the old hearse because they were hard up for $ in the beginning.
By RickH
A 300C hearse would look awesome. I heard on the cars forum at work that the Hilliers in Tenterfield are making 300C hearses now. I'd love to see some of them around.
By AMC78
Wonder how much it would cost to do that? Probably too much, ontop of the car purchase itself lol. Wait for a few years, mebbe some 2nd hand ones may turn up... Mebbe. Why can't car companies put fins on cars again dammit, oh and some chrome, not in a sick Tempe Tyres kinda way though.
By RickH
Here's another thought, an Ecto-Ute could be the ultimate Aussie Ecto:

One of the Caddy Club members posted this, it's for sale but I believe it's in the US. The member had bought a '42 Cadillac from the same seller.
By RickH
I saw one of these at work today and I think it looked awesome. It was old, it had fins, and it was Australian:

1960-61 FB-EK Holden.
By AMC78
Nope, I sent it out of the country to spite the f****. I voted for the other guy :-)
By slimepuft
you are a moron amc78 you sent stimulus money ah wait a minute tax payers money out of the country just to spite someone just because you voted for the "other guy". its coz of f**** like you that this country is turning into a pile of shit. im surrounded by f****g morons!
By RickH
Geez that's a bit harsh, Slimepuft. My stimulus money went straight back to the government coz I used it to register my car!

Besides, I'm pretty sure Andy is propping up the economy with the way he spends money, hehe ;-)
By Charlie Richter
slimepuft wrote:you are a moron amc78 you sent stimulus money ah wait a minute tax payers money out of the country just to spite someone just because you voted for the "other guy". its coz of f**** like you that this country is turning into a pile of shit. im surrounded by f****g morons!
Nice way to make friends.
By AMC78
Hey slimepuft, it was in jest l said that, l used it to help me buy my pack, the guy l bought it from is in Germany. It's a democracy here last l checked so I'm free to spend as l choose. Besides l am a taxpayer last time l checked. Talk to the govt about money wasting and all the dead people that were sent stimulus cash and Australian people living overseas anyway. :sigh:
By ode2kenobi
wow slimepuft aren't you just delightful!

Well, you're not gonna get a green card with that attitude, pal!
By lovers
slimepuft wrote:you are a moron amc78 you sent stimulus money ah wait a minute tax payers money out of the country just to spite someone just because you voted for the "other guy". its coz of f**** like you that this country is turning into a pile of shit. im surrounded by f****g morons!
Dude, pull your head in a bit....... we are all meant to be friends here!
By slimepuft
sorry all i sholdnt have gone online in the feral mood i was in i was a total jerk off and i apologize whole heartedly to every ghostbuster worldwide. I have certainly disgraced my self and my families name. AMC78 i am truly sorry and dont blame you if you dont accept my apology, consider my head pulled in.......now its your turn walter peckerhead....(the epa guy not anyone who may call themselves walter peckerhead)
By slimepuft
i screwed up but i apologised but no response negative or positive.......screw you guys im going home.....fukn fanboys
es+dmf's
By RickH
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

That primered EK Wagon I saw on the RAAF base at Richmond is for sale on Ebay at the moment. He's asking a bit much I reckon, it's still got a few dings and a little bit of rust. But the motor's been rebuilt and the trim looks good.

Being an EK, I think the number plate "EKTO" would be appropriate, lol. If it's still around next year I'd consider it for an Ecto project.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EK-HOLDEN-WAGON- ... 2c51a19546
By RickH
I was looking at EK pictures trying to think how one would paint the red fins without ruining the look of the car, and I think I've found the answer!

The FC-model wagon has pretty cool chrome trim along the side which is reminiscant of the Ecto-1. Thick stripe at the back which thins out and runs along the top of the doors. So, in my opinion, the perfect Aussie Ecto would be an EK Holden Wagon (which has pointy fins) with FC stripes and trim. Check it out:

EK pictures above

FC wagon, picture it with red side stripes and a white tailgate.

Thoughts?
    The Video Game Lifegard

Chris Hunt in the Facebook Group 3D Printed Ghostb[…]

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]