This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By LandoSystem
I'm working on a small slime experiment / sample thing to put on my belt.
It's basically Ray's slime container from GBII with a walkman taped to it and a small taplight attached to make the slime glow. I was thinking about mixing black and pink slime to make it look like I was neutralizing samples of caustic slime with motown or something.

I made a sort of a Ghost Hunter type costume a few years ago. I had a standard GB uniform, pack, trap, PKE, goggles and gizmo but added some items from folklore to it. I lined my alice straps with yeti fur and accented them with Tibetan / Buddhist type relics. I had some wooden stakes for vampire hunting, a UV light, something that sprayed holy water, a rosary, things with yiddish "magic" spells engraved in them and some voodoo gris gris.
The idea was that I worked alone in rural (and superstitious) areas and was prepared for anything. The costume is retired for now until I get back in shape to wear it. I also wasn't completely satisfied with the quality of some items because I originally built it in a rush. I'm reworking some things now that I have practically unlimited time and my abilities as a prop and costume maker have gotten a bit better.
SPJ liked this
By LandoSystem
So has anyone thought of any new kinds of equipment?
I've built just about all the canon equipment I care to build and would like to build some new stuff. Not just smaller / bigger guns or re-imaginings of old gear.

Ideas I've had are:
- Some kind of ghost "lure."
- Ways to deal with other kinds of paranormal problems. Some sort of non-violent or intrusive way to deal with "shadow people" or other non-threatening supernatural nuisances.
- Maybe a device that can simulate a near death experience, or something that sets your brain to the same wavelength of a psychic medium so you can communicate with ghosts.

I've been casually researching some of the paranormal pseudo-science Dan Aykroyd talks about to get ideas.
SPJ liked this
By Shwalamazula
I always thought mini traps would be cool.

I envision them as belt-held canisters about the size of an RPG. Theory in my brain is that the traps are bulky and are only good for one capture event (be it 1 or 5 ghosts). Now it makes sense that the trap would have to be a bit bulky as it would have to house some form of power supply to create a mini laser grid to hold the ghosts in.

My thought would be a mini shell that gets loaded into a ghost trap. When the trap pulls in the ghost, it forces it into this mini containment pod. Pod could be ejected, and another loaded for multi trappings.

Of course, the pods would have a finite capture life before needing recharge (smaller volume, less energy to devote to containment). This could be shown with an LED array going from green -> yellow -> red for canister trapping life.
SPJ liked this
By keoni
Old thread so some of the pics arent showing up but here is one my buddy and I worked on. Basically took the idea of the shoulder pack from Tainted Love comic and applied it to a slime blower

Slime Blower And "Tainted Love" Slime Blower

And here is a photo album from 2010 when we had them at a comic con

Wizard World Chicago 2010
SPJ liked this
By SPJ
GothicGeek wrote:I was thinking of making some stand alone pieces that were add-ons for the pack in GB:TVG.

Such as Composite Particle System which had the Mason Collider and the Overload Pulse.

You could also go with the Dark Matter Generator. This has the Shock Blast and the Stasis Stream.
Sounds cool but aint that thing like super heavy already? Maybe figure out a way to reduce the weight will streamlining some of the systems.....
By Tyrael
I have drawn up some basic sketches of a "Refined Prototype Pack Mk II", which uses elements of the boson dart big pack from the comics and the various add-ons from TVG. It's never made much sense to me that such a huge pack could only do boson darts when Janine's compact pack had that AND the standard stream.
I'll try to post them sometime later.
SPJ liked this
By SPJ
I.G.A. Intentional Ghost Aggravator – 3 R.E.M. pods that go off with one massive burst of EM Energy and then switches to random pulses of one, two, and three pod bursts in a random sequence. The idea is that this would encourage ghosts to manifest themselves. Rolls in with a cord and pedal similar to a ghost trap.
By SPJ
Paranormal/Meteorological Event Detector (P-MED) – Detects, Records, paranormal influenced weather phenomenon. Basically this thing acts as its own meteorological station but scans everything for a variety of evidence of paranormal activity.
By SPJ
12. Soul Resonator Beacon (SRP) – Used to summon, or lure; displaced souls back via the frequency or resonance each soul emits to either a given point or host body. Based on Resonance Wave Theory developed by Dr E. Spengler. (Looks like the Cosmic Key from Masters of the Universe but with a rotating spoon, fork, slotted spoon, and spork (if they make a metal one) out of one end. System consists of three components – The Beacon, a modified PKE meter (add a box to the back with a green light on one side and red-yellow-blue light on another, and a laptop each connected with USB cables.

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]