This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By ecto88mph
I was thinking of making some original stuff, maybe a trap gun attatched to a containment grid backpack.....do a lot of you make original stuff or do you stick to replicas. Any links to original stuff would be cool.
SPJ liked this
By Kingpin
Most people stick to replicas of the established gear, but there's a well-documented following for custom equipment... ranging from variations of the normal tech, to completely new stuff not seen before.

I'd suggest that if you're looking for inspiration, go here: link. It's easier to post that then a few dozen links to all the non-cannon equipment.
By Cory Levy
I own a custom made Proton Rifle made by Fireblade Comics, who I know has visited and posted on this site before. It's one of my favorite pieces to my collection and I would highly recommend working with him if one doesn't have the tools or talent to craft their own customs.

Here's a link to a few beauty shots of it on his own website:

http://firebladecomics.com/customs/prot ... er4a-8.jpg
http://firebladecomics.com/customs/prot ... er4a-9.jpg
http://firebladecomics.com/customs/prot ... er4a-2.jpg

In my own theory it's an entirely self contained pack in one rifle-ized weapon. Of course, due to the scaling down, the Proton Rifle is not as powerful as a full Proton Pack but it more than does the job for small, one man jobs.
By SPJ
I came up with an idea for three pieces of non-canon gear, just havent had the time to design em yet. Open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

O.D.E.S. – Orb Detection Entrapment System – detects orbs and basically draws/sucks them into a gun like device that is attached to a modified ghost trap and may even be hooked into a Proton Pack in place of the thrower wand. (looking to avoid the vacuum cleaner look here)

P.M.I.S. – Portal Monitor Inhibitor System – detects inter/extra dimensional portals and inhibits their ability to be used to send or receive spirits/demons/etc.

P.K.E.T.E.A.S. - (pronounced Parakete, yep like the bird) - Used to detect trace elements/particles/energy left behind after a paranormal event (idea is to eleminate the "I'm just not getting anything" that Dr V related after his first visit to Dana's apartment. Resembles the cartoon PKE meter but with a clear frosted tube (like the thrower wand) to draw in samples of the air.
By SPJ
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Here is another idea I had the other day. This item is not portable. It is more for a HQ type environment.

Okay so if you watch Haunted Collector you know how many of those possessed items he has in that museum of his. Funny looks just like a house on "Hoarders" dont it?

Remember in Ghostbusters: The Video Game all the haunted stuff you were supposed to collect?

Vigo's picture for that matter.

Remember The REAL Ghostbusters episode where Venkman didnt dispose of their flightsuits and it conjured up their ghost dopplegangers?

This is the base idea for a equipment piece to remove entities from items that owners would like to keep. It would also keep someone from accumalating a large amount of potentially dangerous possessed items around. Not sure of a name yet but it is built around an old autoclave!http://www.ebay.com/soc/itm/111104636237?roken=ZSQcQG
By Neil Bowden
i was thinking of either building a replica of the pack made by Ron for Janine in the new Ghostbusters comics(i believe he called it Thunder and Lightning) or building my own original design of a pack and Proton Blaster...possibly with a built-in Ghost Trap and containment unit attached to it. i have sketched up rough designs, and started picking up bits and pieces as im going along and will let you know progress as im working...with pictures hopefully
SPJ liked this
By SPJ
Another new idea for Ghostbusting gear. Okay start off with one of those motion sensors for Aliens, add a parabolic microphone and re do the screen so it shows words. The device would record EVP's, clarify and enhance them, then give a digital readout of what the ghostie said in english. Call it the EVP Recorder/Reader or EVP Reader for short.
By SPJ
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

SPJ wrote:Here is another idea I had the other day. This item is not portable. It is more for a HQ type environment.

Okay so if you watch Haunted Collector you know how many of those possessed items he has in that museum of his. Funny looks just like a house on "Hoarders" dont it?

Remember in Ghostbusters: The Video Game all the haunted stuff you were supposed to collect?

Vigo's picture for that matter.

Remember The REAL Ghostbusters episode where Venkman didnt dispose of their flightsuits and it conjured up their ghost dopplegangers?

This is the base idea for a equipment piece to remove entities from items that owners would like to keep. It would also keep someone from accumalating a large amount of potentially dangerous possessed items around. Not sure of a name yet but it is built around an old autoclave!http://www.ebay.com/soc/itm/111104636237?roken=ZSQcQG
Call it the ERS, or Entity Removal System. Have it hook into the grid, which could of course backfire in a fan fic and led to some fun scenes or just have it dump the nasty into a trap for easy transfer.
By SPJ
P.A.P.I.C.S. - Paranormal Activity Passive Imagery Capture System - Passive system that detects paranormal related energies and takes a still photograph of them complete with PKE reading information. Can be equiped with numerous types of camera lenses to get a high quality image. Looks like a wild game camera with a RGB PKE meter wings attached and a viewfinder as well. Think of it as a game trail camera that has been "Egon-ized."

Though I think I may change the name to Psycho Kinetic Energy Passive Imagery Capture System or P.K.E.P.I.C.S.
By SPJ
ProtonCharger wrote:since you're going for acronyms why not figure out a way to use skeptic?
Hokay, I guess I never studied, just what is SKEPTIC?

Being in the Army and a father of three I dont use the internet all that often for just the fun of it so excuse me if my knowledge is a little bit dated. :blush:
By SPJ
No, I know perfectly well what a SKEPTIC is, as defined by Websters.

Do you perhaps mean this http://www.acronymfinder.com/Skeptic's- ... (SAB).html?

As I am in the Army I feel no need to outsource for acronyms as we make and use more than most people will ever want to encounter in a lifetime.

I am simply putting out the ideas for fan made equipment for the benefit of my fellow fans. They do not have to like them or even use them, I havent trademarked them because I really dont care either way. If someone gets something out of it that is awesome, if not that is fine too.

Some of my designs have brief descriptions and perhaps one day I will have enough time to actually build a mock up, take a photo of it so it can be subject to everyones approval and your redicule. Until then I suggest use your imagination.
By SPJ
ProtonCharger wrote:i believe i made an error entering a dialogue with you on an open forum.
Dear Sir

I fear I owe you an apology. At first glance I took your earlier reply as an attack and reacted accordingly. It would appear I am in error.

In light of this I offer you my profound apology in this matter.

Sincerely
SPJ :walterpeck:
By SPJ
As far as SKEPTIC being an acronym "Special Kinetic Energy Pulse (or maybe Plasma) Terminal Indicator Console (or Computer)."

Now what it would do or measure well I guess it could measure the energy output that a ghost emits when it attacks with kinetic energy maybe. I dunno.

Thoughts?
By meanbow
hi all.
sorry if you dont recognise me now...thank's to the Facebook login button no longer working, and me being unable to reconnect my accounts...i started another account on here.

just an update on my idea i put out earlier...i have very nearly completed my imagined version of Ron's pack...the Thunder&Lightning Proton pack...i have a main backpack unit, which is going to be the Cyclotron Generator, Straps, a pair of identical,yet handed, blasters...one for the Proton beam(Thunder), the other for the Bosun Darts/Beam(Lightning)...some heavy-duty cable to connect the three units together...and only a little bit of time available for me to finish construction...just over 2 months til Hallow'een. i just hope it's going to look as good as i make it sound, would become amazing if i could fit some sound FX boards and lights into it...

Neil...(or Meanbow from now on)
SPJ liked this
By Chris Weitzel
Someone should totally try to build the dimensional gate thing Egon and Ray built upstairs in RGB. Although, that would be a massive undertaking.
By SPJ
Psychic Manipulation Detector (P.M.D.) Resembles the Aura Analyzer but is used to determine whether or not someone has been coerced into behavior that they may not normally consider and to measure the strength of the coercion and to a lesser degree the strength of the entity behind the manipulation. Based upon the theory/observations of multiple reports of people finding their “Dream Home,” only to find it is in fact haunted, typically by spirits with evil intent.

These ideas are just for fun ya'll. Hope you enjoy.
By Borzou
Build props based on the action figure line. It's a mostly untapped source of "original" ideas.
Tyrael, SPJ liked this
By SPJ
Borzou wrote:Build props based on the action figure line. It's a mostly untapped source of "original" ideas.
Cool, some of my ideas come from a fan fiction I am working on and some of their developmental gear they come up with.

Here is an idea from GB: TVG

Psi Pulse Event Analyzer (P.P.E.A. but pronounced Pie): Used to measure, quantify, and study Collected and Centralized Necromantic Convulsions and the like.

Wow, a negative one Karma already. Wonder what I did wrong this time.
Borzou liked this
Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]