Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By mrmichaelt
Another interview with Erik Burnham.
https://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfiles ... 1272030101

He does reveal in #2, a few panels will show the story of Peter introducing Ray to Egon in their college days and he hints at them having different hairdos...

Another with Erik and Dan.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/ever-wond ... ve-answers

-The genesis of Year One was Tom Waltz wanting to do a book with the title "Ghostwriter" which had an author interviewing the Ghostbusters, and it morphed from there.

-Dan listened to a lot of 80s music in preparation for drawing scenes at The Rose and teases a lot of mohawks, hot pink, and neon blue.

-For #1, Dan pulled from The Tell-Tale Heart, The Raven, and Masque of the Red Death for his ghost designs.
By Kingpin
Issue #2's release date was changed to February 26 earlier this week and today it's been changed to March 4. Ulp.
And the release date, ever flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On that pallid list of comics delayed furthermore
And the publishing has all the seeming of a development of my disbelieving
And the frustration of my dreaming makes me angry even more
And my exasperation burst forth from my very core
Shall be relieved—nevermore!

A very fun issue, and insight into the early(ish) days of the Ghostbusters. I wasn't expecting Mr. Poe's cameo, but enjoyed the story all the more fore it, and there were a couple of moments Egon had me laughing out loud with the lines Erik had given him. :)
robbritton, groschopf, *NormalGamer* and 1 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
Dan posted a panel of the front of the New York Public Library for Issue #2.
https://twitter.com/dannyschoening/stat ... 3621305344

EDIT: On the 70's OGBs appearing in #2. I remembered a bit later that 70s Egon did have a small cameo in Eugene's flashback back in Issue #8 of the first volume of the ongoing. I wonder if that's going to be the same look used here. And Ray and Peter. Man, I wonder if they'll have Akyroyd and Murray's 70s era 'staches, heh.
By Kingpin
Dan posted a panel of the front of the New York Public Library for Issue #2.
https://twitter.com/dannyschoening/stat ... 3621305344
They've even got the scaffolding! :)

(Although on a continuity note, the crosswalk signs would probably be the "WALK/DON'T WALK" variety, rather than the hand signal.)
By mrmichaelt
They've even got the scaffolding! :)
I always meant to look up when this renovation project started and ended but I never really found too much about it in the past. Also there's even some of the background extras from the movie, too! The two sitting at the top of steps, the lady in the baby blue jacket...
(Although on a continuity note, the crosswalk signs would probably be the "WALK/DON'T WALK" variety, rather than the hand signal.)
Yes, the Walk/Don't Walk traffic lights were first installed in NY in 1952 then the stick man walking and palm replaced them in 1999/2000out of concern for tourists visiting the state who didn't read English. Better late than never I guess.
By mrmichaelt
As of today, the releases are:

Year One #2: March 4

Transformers/Ghostbusters Trade paperback: March 4

Year One #3: March 25

Year One #4: April 22

Year One Trade paperback: June 23

Why #2 got delayed a month? Dunno. Could the usual logistic problems - a printing problem in South Korea, hold up at customs, Diamond [insert here] OR it could be a new one: delayed because of Coronavirus i.e. shipping delayed indefinitely in the Asia region even though there's no confirmed reports in SK.
*NormalGamer*, Kingpin liked this
By mrmichaelt
January sales are out. Year One #1 did 6350 units. (Much better than Crossing Over or the 35th Anniv. one shot but not crossover numbers)
https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomics ... 20-01.html

The next 'reprint' TPB is Spectral Shenanigans Vol. 3 for November 4, 2020. Collects Happy Horror Days and Mass Hysteria arcs (Vol. 2 #9-20).
https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Spe ... 1684057272
By *NormalGamer*
By robbritton
Ha! Love the pick up from the
suggestion at the end of the movies’ intro that Bob may actually be psychic! Also, lovely to see the sponges! I mean it’s fan service, sure, but it’s such sweet fan service!
This Post Contains Spoilers
This whole series has the feel of those first four images Dan put on the net that got him the attention that lead here all those years ago. Particularly the “drilling a hole through your head” one. It’s a subtle extra level of touching callback in a year sure to be full of them.
mrmichaelt, Kingpin, groschopf and 1 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
Ha! Love the pick up from the
suggestion at the end of the movies’ intro that Bob may actually be psychic! Also, lovely to see the sponges! I mean it’s fan service, sure, but it’s such sweet fan service!
I chuckled at what his dream was about. I believe he also had powers in that Beeline mobile game but he was a villain.

Only the first 3 pages and Dan already slipped in some movie clothes nods with Jennifer, Bob, and Ray lol.
Jennifer's is from Up The Creek, Bob's is from Christine (right before he gets killed at the gas station), and Ray's is from Dr. Detroit - the jogging outfit. I'm pretty sure the sub is based on Alvin from WHOI, famous for exploring Titanic wreckage.
Awww, poor Alice :(
Sad, yes, but another reminder that encounters with the paranormal also have negative consequences and it's not always a clean 'Extreme Ghostbusters reset' when the ghost is trapped.

EDIT: May solicits released and NO Ghostbusters. :(

Apparently Slimer and Stay Puft are sold out? When[…]

So who has taken the plung.

I’m just finishing up my first build and wou[…]

I'm talking about the adult wand, not the kids toy[…]

Thanks for adding these photos! This is our first […]