Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
I was thinking since George Lucas eventually released his original vision/script for Star Wars as a comic book about a year a two ago, why not Dan do the same with the GB3 "Hellbent" script he wrote. I doubt it that he threw it away after the announcement of the reboot.

Since most fans are not too fond of the upcoming movie at least they would have this instead.
555-2368, deadderek liked this
Should the opportunity arise, especially in the form of a miniseries comic, I don't see why not. ^_^
555-2368 liked this
TristanJones wrote:I have the script. Would make for a GREAT f****g comic. Tried pitching it, several times. Got pretty much ignored at every turn.
That's awesome that (a) you have a copy and (b) you tried to pitch an adaptation several times. I'm guessing these pitches were 2011-ish? Maybe now with Ghostcorps in place and the new movie coming out maybe it's worth trying to pitch again... ? </grasping at straws>
If IDW want me to do it, they just have to ask. I'd love to do it, but I tried pitching it so many times that I'm not doing it again. If you guys want to see it then you'll have to hit IDW up. Something I keep saying that seems to fall on deaf ears every time is that I hold zero influence as a creator on any project decisions. They listen to the fans more than they listen to me.
JayTigran, 555-2368 liked this
For the record, IDW has ZERO control over the adaptation of Mr. Aykroyd's screenplay. That is not the type of project we can green light without permission from Sony (and direct input from Mr. Aykroyd). We've discussed it a bit with Sony in the past but unforeseen circumstances (not the least of which was Mr. Ramis' tragic death) sidelined the idea as newer priorities within the brand (both at Sony and IDW) took center stage.

If any creators feel they were ignored when pitching the adaptation idea to IDW, then there was obviously an unfortunate miscommunication somewhere along the line as IDW is certainly interested in adapting anything Mr. Aykroyd would like to bring to the table. For now, however, that is rightfully his (and Sony's) decision to make and we will respectfully await their call -- meantime, we'll continue to do our very best to create fun GB comics in our ever-expanding IDW GB universe. Big plans for 2016 and beyond!

Thanks, all, for your continued support!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
deadderek, Noremon liked this
TomWaltz wrote:For the record, IDW has ZERO control over the adaptation of Mr. Aykroyd's screenplay. That is not the type of project we can green light without permission from Sony (and direct input from Mr. Aykroyd). We've discussed it a bit with Sony in the past but unforeseen circumstances (not the least of which was Mr. Ramis' tragic death) sidelined the idea as newer priorities within the brand (both at Sony and IDW) took center stage.

If any creators feel they were ignored when pitching the adaptation idea to IDW, then there was obviously an unfortunate miscommunication somewhere along the line as IDW is certainly interested in adapting anything Mr. Aykroyd would like to bring to the table. For now, however, that is rightfully his (and Sony's) decision to make and we will respectfully await their call -- meantime, we'll continue to do our very best to create fun GB comics in our ever-expanding IDW GB universe. Big plans for 2016 and beyond!

Talk soon...

Tom W.
@ *referring to bold*

That's great to hear; we appreciate your optimism the IDW team has. ^_^
TomWaltz wrote:For the record, IDW has ZERO control over the adaptation of Mr. Aykroyd's screenplay. That is not the type of project we can green light without permission from Sony (and direct input from Mr. Aykroyd). We've discussed it a bit with Sony in the past but unforeseen circumstances (not the least of which was Mr. Ramis' tragic death) sidelined the idea as newer priorities within the brand (both at Sony and IDW) took center stage.

Talk soon...

Tom W.
TristanJones wrote:If IDW want me to do it, they just have to ask. I'd love to do it, but I tried pitching it so many times that I'm not doing it again. If you guys want to see it then you'll have to hit IDW up. Something I keep saying that seems to fall on deaf ears every time is that I hold zero influence as a creator on any project decisions. They listen to the fans more than they listen to me.

Ah you guys are Awesome!!! I am incredibly happy with the expanding Ghostbusters Universe all of you have built. ;). I can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the future, but I sure am enjoying the ride with Ghostbusters International. I think I speak for many fans when I say "Thank You." :):):)
While I'd be curious to see it if IDW had been able to move forward on the project, I'd also be cautious as to whether it'd had enough reworking by Ramis before his death to make it easily fit into the established Ghostbusters movie-verse.
deadderek, Noremon liked this
d_osborn wrote:I doubt Aykroyd would let a HELLBENT adaptation happen. He mentioned in an interview a year or so ago that he's still holding out hope for it being made at some point.

Now his original, pre-Ramis script would be REALLY cool to see adapted!
I don't understand, he co-wrote the Hellbent script with the late Tom Davis.
mrmichaelt wrote:
d_osborn wrote:I doubt Aykroyd would let a HELLBENT adaptation happen. He mentioned in an interview a year or so ago that he's still holding out hope for it being made at some point.

Now his original, pre-Ramis script would be REALLY cool to see adapted!
I don't understand, he co-wrote the Hellbent script with the late Tom Davis.
It was a bit confusing how I worded my prev post. I meant the Aykroyd first draft GHOST SMASHERS script is what I would like to see adapted. It would be really cool to see the different imagery, gear, tone, etc. Base it off of the Daveikis concept art-- that would be incredible! THE SEED would also be pretty cool to see adapted in some form-- comic, animation, whatever...

Aykroyd mentioned in a 2012 Esquire interview that he would still like to see HELLBENT produced. This was pre-reboot, so who knows. I don't see him letting a comic adaptation move forward if he's still wanting to use the material in a film.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/mo ... -14813380/
ESQ: Are you still working with the "Ghostbusters in hell" concept?

DA: Listen, I tell ya, after this movie gets made, and maybe the next one: Man-hell-ttan.

ESQ: Man-hell-ttan.

DA: Man-hell-ttan, and the Ghostbusters in hell, would be so solid, but we gotta get maybe one or two made before that. But, oh, wow... I wrote that with Tom Davis, my writing partner, recently deceased, who wrote Coneheads with me and stuff on Saturday Night Live. There's classic Tom Davis lines and funny stuff in there, really it's probably the most humorous of all the Ghostbusters scripts that have generated in that last little while.
Speaking of HELLBENT, has it been confirmed that Tom Davis co-wrote the 1999 script that's been floating around for ages? The one reviewed on IGN and Proton Charging? Tom's name isn't on that particular script. I've heard that other drafts were written, including one with Ramis, but I've never seen any sort of confirmation, proof, or images. Aykroyd's mention of the "most humorous script" has me really curious about multiple drafts.

Sony and Ghost Corps-- give us a coffee table book on the development of GB3!!!
555-2368 liked this
I'm inclined to think that any continuation of the Aykroyd GB universe will likely go into that animated movie people have been talking about.

But yeah, ANY of Dan's old scripts I would love to see in a comic.

Esp the Belushi, Aykroyd, Ramis and Murphy storyboards that we've seen images of before.

Also the equipment working by having two neutrona wrist emitters per Ghostbuster and creating a rectangular box around the Ghost while trapping which then has to be lowered.
gold333 wrote: Esp the Belushi, Aykroyd, Ramis and Murphy storyboards that we've seen images of before.
If it's the Tom Enriquez Onionhead storyboards with the visors and wrist wands, that art wasn't from the Belushi script. Those particular boards were actually drawn pretty late in pre-production. The Onionhead design had already been approved. The only art generated from the Ghost Smashers script that I know of are the Daveikis concepts.
gold333 liked this
d_osborn wrote:THE SEED would also be pretty cool to see adapted in some form-- comic, animation, whatever...
From what little was revealed about The SEED, it sounds like it would be have been better suited as a RGB movie or TV special, imo.
Speaking of HELLBENT, has it been confirmed that Tom Davis co-wrote the 1999 script that's been floating around for ages? The one reviewed on IGN and Proton Charging? Tom's name isn't on that particular script. I've heard that other drafts were written, including one with Ramis, but I've never seen any sort of confirmation, proof, or images.
No, that Esquire interview was the first time Davis was attached it Hellbent from what I can recall. That's a good point with the one on IGN and Proton Charging, I guess there might be another draft he co-wrote.
d_osborn wrote:
gold333 wrote: Esp the Belushi, Aykroyd, Ramis and Murphy storyboards that we've seen images of before.
If it's the Tom Enriquez Onionhead storyboards with the visors and wrist wands, that art wasn't from the Belushi script. Those particular boards were actually drawn pretty late in pre-production. The Onionhead design had already been approved. The only art generated from the Ghost Smashers script that I know of are the Daveikis concepts.

Yep, I was talking about the visor and wrist diode pencil drawings. I kinda remember Louis being John Candy in those aswell though.

I wasn't aware of the Daveikis art... i'm googling it now.

Man, OT: while discussing the Ecto restoration/replica's: The sketches (Michael Gross?) showed in his briefcase of the Pack and trap, like how the designs evolved over time... He was flipping through it too fast to freeze frame. I would LOVE to see those wouldn't you? The sketches had a lot of versions of the Ecto evolution aswell. /OT
mrmichaelt wrote:
d_osborn wrote:THE SEED would also be pretty cool to see adapted in some form-- comic, animation, whatever...
From what little was revealed about The SEED, it sounds like it would be have been better suited as a RGB movie or TV special, imo.
I don't know-- personally, I would like to see it be as accurate as possible to what Aykroyd wrote. I REALLY liked what Dark Horse did with THE STAR WARS-- warts and all accuracy to Lucas's rough draft script. Maybe there are some crazy WGA rules that are blocking it or something.
gold333 wrote: Yep, I was talking about the visor and wrist diode pencil drawings. I kinda remember Louis being John Candy in those aswell though.
Yeah, all of that art was produced well into production, after Reitman and Ramis had already started.
gold333 wrote: Man, OT: while discussing the Ecto restoration/replica's: The sketches (Michael Gross?) showed in his briefcase of the Pack and trap, like how the designs evolved over time... He was flipping through it too fast to freeze frame. I would LOVE to see those wouldn't you? The sketches had a lot of versions of the Ecto evolution aswell. /OT
Are you sure you aren't thinking of Steve Dane? He showed a ton of gear/Ecto production art a few years ago. Michael Gross was very generous with sharing his old GB material, but I never saw him post any gear or Ecto art. I would love to see it, if so!

http://beyondthemarquee.com/34980
d_osborn wrote:
mrmichaelt wrote:From what little was revealed about The SEED, it sounds like it would be have been better suited as a RGB movie or TV special, imo.
I don't know-- personally, I would like to see it be as accurate as possible to what Aykroyd wrote. I REALLY liked what Dark Horse did with THE STAR WARS-- warts and all accuracy to Lucas's rough draft script. Maybe there are some crazy WGA rules that are blocking it or something.
Point taken.

Another thought since its Wednesday, but with the International arc going on, I wonder if The Seed could be tweaked for a few issues... (granted in an ideal setting with the greenlight on everything).

I heard about that Star Wars thing. Was that before or after Lucas sold to Disney?
mrmichaelt wrote:
d_osborn wrote: I don't know-- personally, I would like to see it be as accurate as possible to what Aykroyd wrote. I REALLY liked what Dark Horse did with THE STAR WARS-- warts and all accuracy to Lucas's rough draft script. Maybe there are some crazy WGA rules that are blocking it or something.
Point taken.

Another thought since its Wednesday, but with the International arc going on, I wonder if The Seed could be tweaked for a few issues... (granted in an ideal setting with the greenlight on everything).

I heard about that Star Wars thing. Was that before or after Lucas sold to Disney?
I'm pretty sure it was published after, but it may have been in the works for a while. Not sure.

I really need to catch up on all of the IDW books. I feel like I'm missing out!
I would love to see this happen, I've had hopes ever since we saw the Devil in Vol 2.
I've just watched this interview with illistrator Bernie Wrightson, and it'd be awesome if some of his unused Ghostbusters concept art could be adapted to the story, he has some great sketches of the Gates of Hell.
Take a look:

I would buy this in heartbeat if it was made into a comic book. I remember years ago reading a draft of Ghostbusters 3 on some website and it was interesting to see the ideas that Dan had at the time. Fingers crossed that eventually we get to read it, since I have enjoyed the majority of the stories told so far.

PS: Yes, the Star Wars comic book mentioned at the top of this thread was released prior to the sale of Lucasfilm to Walt Disney.
I'd love to read that. I really loved the game and because it is written by Dan and Harold to me it's GB3 as I think it is to many but can't say I'd complain if the comic was treated as an off cannon or such just to read it though I really hope they let the Reitman group do another film with the remaining guys and have others take over,
Last edited by RealGhostbusterJay on October 19th, 2017, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noremon liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]