Have you accumulated a huge Ghostbusters Collection? Talk about what you have and show it off!
By #1EgonFan
My most prized Ghostbusters item will always be my personalized autographed photo from Ernie Hudson. Ernie gave me the autograph at least 14 years ago. I had sold my autograph collection this year and Ernie's autograph is the only Ghostbuster autograph I have. So that was one autograph I refused to sell no amount of money could make me sell it. It is my pride & joy.

Which Ghostbusters item is your most prized item?
I'll give you $15,000 for your autograph! lol jk

My most prized GB item would have to be my old Kenner proton pack! It's old and the stickers have mostly fallen off, but it saved me when I was 4 years old. The pack kept me afloat after I had tripped and fallen into the lake my family and I were visiting. My uncle was able to quickly reach down and pull me from the water in seconds by just grabbing the pack. I didn't put that pack down for the rest of the day. lol
Havoc0213 wrote:
My most prized GB item would have to be my old Kenner proton pack! It's old and the stickers have mostly fallen off, but it saved me when I was 4 years old. The pack kept me afloat after I had tripped and fallen into the lake my family and I were visiting. My uncle was able to quickly reach down and pull me from the water in seconds by just grabbing the pack. I didn't put that pack down for the rest of the day. lol

That's kinda the best story ever.
Now that's amazing, thanks for sharing that! Not many of us have stories like that to share, glad to know that you made it out ok!

As for me, my most prized possession is my "Making Ghostbusters" book by Don Shay, a book which was previously owned by Tim Lawrence, ILM Creature Shop Supervisor for GB2, and the man behind the Nunzio Scoleri costume... He signed it before passing it down to me, and now I use it as a personal autograph book for everybody GB-related, cast and crew! So far, only have it signed by Tim Lawrence, Steve Tash and William Atherton... hoping to add Ernie Hudson at Wizard World Richmond in two weeks...
I'd have to say my 12" Egon figure. I bought it the day Harold passed away because I was so afraid that anything associated with him would sell out and I would never have a chance to get it again. I got it and didn't want to let it go. It holds mostly sentimental value for me, I suppose. The figure is still in the box today, and it came with a manufacturer's box. I keep it in the manufacturer's box because I don't have any room to set it up for viewing and decorative purposes. But I suppose it's better for it so that it doesn't get damaged.

I honestly have no idea what my most prized item is, clearly the two packs cost a lot so I care about them but I'd sell them if the price was worth the time and parts put in to them. So it's not a sentimental thing.
I guess if I base my decision on how much I like / use something vs how much I paid for it. I'd have to say it's not even an official ghostbusters item at all. I really like the Halliburton case that I use to store my uniform gear in. And the transporting case that stores 1 proton pack for when I got to out of state cons.
Havoc0213 wrote:I'll give you $15,000 for your autograph! lol jk

That would be my prized possession to if that happened to me.
#1EgonFan wrote:My most prized Ghostbusters item will always be my personalized autographed photo from Ernie Hudson. Ernie gave me the autograph at least 14 years ago. I had sold my autograph collection this year and Ernie's autograph is the only Ghostbuster autograph I have. So that was one autograph I refused to sell no amount of money could make me sell it. It is my pride & joy.

Which Ghostbusters item is your most prized item?
I wouldn't seel an autograph from Ernie Hudson either. Huge fan of that guy and Winston's character.
I'd love to have an autograph of Harold's. It's just a shame that I never got to meet him in person. I sent him a letter, telling him how much I admire him and his work. But I made the mistake of sending it to his office in LA (for privacy purposes and respect to his family). So I'm sure he never read it. I don't meant that in a selfish way of course. I just wanted to kind of connect with someone that I've admired for some time now. I just have terrible timing. Needless to say, I've been heartbroken since then.
Hmmm.. I have a lot to choose from... my PKE surge crunch award (and my wife's), my original Kenner Firehouse and RBG Ecto, all our gear...

But I think all the friendships I've made over the years in the fandom are the REAL thing I cherish the most.
Gareee wrote:Hmmm.. I have a lot to choose from... my PKE surge crunch award (and my wife's), my original Kenner Firehouse and RBG Ecto, all our gear...

But I think all the friendships I've made over the years in the fandom are the REAL thing I cherish the most.
Agreed! I hope I can meet as many wonderful people as I can that love Ghostbusters. It makes me feel understood and at home.
Gareee liked this
By keoni
Thought I'd share another unique piece that I have

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... a76d608cd5

You shoulda seen the look on DMC's face when I busted this pic out for him to sign. Started telling his son who was sitting there about the Ghostbusters Rap and video they did, then goes "oh man, I had forgotten all about this. That was a lot of fun"
By keoni
Since the last pic isnt loading and Im not able to edit it, here is a pic of what is supposed to be linked that is my favorite GB piece... the animation cel and pencil drawing of the group

By CPU64
I never had the opportunity of having any of the toys back in the day, or any autographs. So basically my most prized item has to be my one pack, and soon my trap. I have the soundtracks and vhs tapes, but that's standard stuff :)

But one thing that I appreciate the most about Ghostbusters is all the people it has brought into my life, especially through this site, Norm's old site, and everything in between. I made a few good friends along the way :D
Hard to decide on just one so I'll give my Top 3:

1) NES New Ghostbusters II, mint condition
2) Ghostbusters II cereal, mint and sealed
3) Toastmaster B700 toaster, loose but unused

I suppose what makes those my most prized items would be that they are the most expensive! I really love my ThermoServ and Sunoco sets.
Good call, I forgot about my sealed toast master b 700, and my non accurate but similar dancing toaster.
I never get to use the damn toaster because I either don't have a decent space to set it up, or the batteries always seem to be dead when I do use it.
I really do love that thing but since I never use it I honestly forget I even have it. :)

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]