Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By CaptCyan
joeghostbuster wrote:I still want to buy them from you Capt but if you could provide a brief tutorial on how to assemble and finish them, and what kind of paints to use to detail them etc that would be great
Small (not) tutorial on how to put the "Movie" packs together. Works the same for the "Cartoon" packs as well.

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 42&t=20272

Painting tutorials to follow.
By Vincenzo330
I received my packs over the weekend. They look PHENOMINAL!!!

I haven't had time to take any pics yet but honestly I don't think pics do them justice anyway. Mine look even better than I was expecting from the pictures posted here.

As soon as I can I'll get them thrown together and get everything ready for display.

Thanks Cap, you're the man!
By CaptCyan
Vincenzo330 wrote:I received my packs over the weekend. They look PHENOMINAL!!!

I haven't had time to take any pics yet but honestly I don't think pics do them justice anyway. Mine look even better than I was expecting from the pictures posted here.

As soon as I can I'll get them thrown together and get everything ready for display.

Thanks Cap, you're the man!
If you look at them through a 10X jewelers loupe, they will look pretty much like the pictures.

Please let me know if there are any spots in the tutorials that are unclear. Doing them is one thing but writing about doing them is a lot tougher than it sounds.

For those that have requested, I'll be working on them starting tomorrow when I finish up the current tutorial. I'll pm you as I get them done.

Thanks!
By Iggy
Hey capt, I am interested in one of the cartoon packs, and one of the movie packs.
By CaptCyan
Vincenzo330 wrote:I finally had some time last night to get the packs assembled and take a few pics. These packs are so awesome Cap! They're exactly what I was looking for. I think after looking at both closely I slightly favor the movie style packs. My only complaint is that I didn't get a few more :D
Hey Vinny,
Thank you for the challenge, I'm glad they met your expectations. And thanks to all the other guys for cheering me on. I'm slowly making my way down the list of people that showed interest on this and my Ecto thread and I will PM each of you as I get the sets ready to go. Sofar, I have been completing 2 orders a week, so please be patient. I promise they are worth the wait.

BTW-the Puft pics are awsome.
By CaptCyan
The Stiff wrote:Just received my "Movie Packs" and "Rack Packs" from CaptCyan, and they are beautiful! :crunch:

Now to brush up on my painting and gluing skills! :cool:
Cool news. Glad they rate a crunch! Please post a pic or two once you've done something with them.
By CaptCyan
I took some of the bad casts from my junk pile and cobbled together 4 "Cartoon" Packs for the RGB Pilot/Promo set I repainted.

"Pesty Slimer, we just had that waxed!"

CaptCyan wrote:I took some of the bad casts from my junk pile and cobbled together 4 "Cartoon" Packs for the RGB Pilot/Promo set I repainted.

"Pesty Slimer, we just had that waxed!"

Some of the best custom RGB toys i have "EVER" seen great work man i just wish they was mine lol :(
By CaptCyan
Vincenzo330 wrote:Cap you should put part of this in the for sale section if you're still doing the packs. I've heard a few people say they needed RGB Packs.
Yes I should, and I will. I figure around the start of September I will put up a list, but I need to build up some inventory before I do.

Besides, I'm waiting to see some photos here from the Guys that have already got theirs (besides you and me).
By Iggy
Got my packs...so I have some work to do. Here are a couple of preliminary pics.

By NISMO_GTR
Hello brilliant job on the packs, I would love to get a painted RGB set as my original ones broke a long time ago. I just couple of question, do you ship to the UK? and how much it cost in £?
By madeinsocal6
I bought a set of packs from CaptCyan and they are simply amazing. They exceed what I was expecting, I'm so glad I bought them. Also considering how much I paid I am more than happy and he's GREAT to his customers.

Thanks again.

***They couldn't wait to strap on their new packs:

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]