Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Alex Newborn
Is anyone else collecting these?

I looked but didn't see an existing thread. Mods, please edit/combine if necessary.

I've got all the ones pictured plus some duplicates. Still need Gozer, Stay-Puft and the Library Ghost. There may be multiple versions of those, actually.

Alex
Kingpin, jpetrutis81 liked this
By XWINGMICKEY
I only wanted the main 4 busters. So I ended up buying what I needed on eBay. I’m so over blind boxes. I’m hoping these look great paired with the Funko Fire house and 10” Stay Puft
By Alex Newborn
I bought a full box of 12 at one of the local GameStops.

The breakdown is that it contains: two each of Ray, Egon, Winston, and Peter (1/6); one each of Marshmallow Egon and Marshmallow Ray [though I've seen some people call that figure Marshmallow Peter] (1/12); one Slimer (1/24); and one Vinz Clortho (1/36).

One of my local GB buddies is going to buy the spares of the main four from me.

I went to a second GameStop and played a long shot. I purchased the two from the same location in the box where Slimer and Vinz had been in my first box. Went out to the car to open them. If they'd been common ones, I'd have gone back in and bought more.

The gamble paid off. It was another Slimer and Zuul this time.

Now I'm watching eBay auctions for the rarer figures like Gozer and the various Stay-Pufts and the two versions of the Library Ghost...

Alex
By Alex Newborn
I will also need the Terror Dogs, assuming they are new sculpts. If they just reuse the sculpts of the Horror Classics Mystery Minis from a couple of years ago, easy pass. I already have those in both regular and stone versions.

Looking back at the Horror Classics makes me EXTREMELY happy that they've finally added pupils to the eyes on these Mystery Minis. (Probably even more than the introduction of eyebrows to the Funko Pops in between the 2014 GB offerings and the current ones.)

It does remind me, though, that just a few weeks ago I saw an auction for the Horror Classics version of Slimer where the seller had painted in pupils on his. Whoops! If he'd only waited, he could have had the new Slimer from this set.

Alex
By Alex Newborn
Saw this pic in an eBay auction. Looks like the Terror Dog is indeed an all-new sculpt.

It and the translucent Slimer are two of the rare figures in the "Specialty Series".

Alex
By Doctor Venkman
I swore I wasn’t gonna get into these. But there was a box at GameStop today that had 8 left, and I got to bring home the box by buying all of them.

I got 2 Egon, 2 Ray, 2 Winston, 1 Venkman, and 1 Marshmallow Egon.

I’d LOVE to get Marshmallow Ray... and some of the ghosts would be great, but the odds are stacked against me if I keep going.
By Alex Newborn
Wow, that means someone bought four out of that box and got the other Venkman, the Marshmallow Ray, AND the two scarce figures? One 1/24 and one 1/36? I wish I knew their system.

Here's my current lineup aside from a couple of duplicates. I bought Gozer, the no-hot-dog Slimer, and the two Stay-Pufts off eBay.

I was bidding on some Library Ghosts but they got way too pricey for my taste.

Alex
By Doctor Venkman
Alex Newborn wrote: June 24th, 2019, 10:07 pm Wow, that means someone bought four out of that box and got the other Venkman, the Marshmallow Ray, AND the two scarce figures? One 1/24 and one 1/36? I wish I knew their system.
Yea, it would appear that way... wish I knew the system too. I'm thinking I'm just gonna turn to eBay for a few of the remaining ones I want, and not get too swept up in buying more and more and ending up with duplicates.
By Doctor Venkman
So it definitely appears that the Stay Puft weighs more. I weighed some of mine, and it looks like if you bring a scale, you'll be able to pick some out.

That said, I bought two more randoms yesterday and got another Egon and another Ray.

So I turned to eBay last night and sniped two auctions... ended up with 2 Stay Puft's, 2 Dana's, Louis, Slimer, and Marshmallow Ray... all basically at cost after shipping and tax, which is fantastic.

The only ones I'm missing now from the GameStop set would be Gozer and the Librarian. They'd be cool to get, but they're running relatively high on eBay right now, so I'm not worrying about them. I'm happy with what I have now.

Has anyone figured out where the other exclusive sets are?
- GameStop: Red Stay Puft, Slimer with hot dogs, Angry Librarian
- Other Set: Happy Stay Puft, Slimer, Shh'ing Librarian
- Other Set: Burnt Stay Puft, Translucent Slimer, Terror Dog

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]