pyhasanon wrote:I did it the lazy man's way - I put washers and stuff on the other side to pull it more into the shell... LOL!
Never even thought of that, that would be so much easier!
PssdffJay wrote:This was at the Calgary Entertainment Expo. He was a last minute addition and sold out his photo slots in a couple hours.
What kind if washers did you use with the wing nut screws for attaching the Alice frame to the mother board? Also what are the demensions for the ice hockey puck you used? I couldn't locate any information in your thread. Seems like some information and photos are missing when I view it. Thank you.
Hey Jay. Did you have any problems with the bolt for the filler tube butting up against the mother board? That area of the shell has the fiberglass almost flush with the mobo. So when I put the bolt on it sticks out too far and won't let the mobo sit against the shell.
No, Vinny gave me a smaller head bolt, not a normal socket head like I used on the others. I don't remember if I have a photo or not. What are you trying to attach it with?

EDIT: Ah ha! Found it back on page 10.

I didn't have any issue with mine not working with this type of bolt.
PssdffJay wrote:I also found some smaller washers for the straights, no grinding needed now. I still need to drill a hole in the caps.

Thanks for this tip!

I ended up using them for almost everything that needed a cap. Therefore, all 3 of my Elbows got one, the 2 legris straights and one Clippard L-Fitting in the HGA. Since tapping wasn't perfect, these allowed me to adjust where I wanted those pieces rotated exactly and more importantly tightly. Especially difficult with the HGA.
I had been in such a rush when I was getting my pack sort of finished last year that I never took photos of the hack job I did duct taping in the electronics.

Out with the old.

More to come, I promise. We have a con in Saskatoon in 2 weeks.
Yesterday I started playing around with some 1/8 sintra. I have a whole sheet that 4'x8' so I'm not too worried about screwing it up. I have lots. I started to try and make bracket for the power cell lights to sit on. Tried 3 different times with different heights and ended up using the first one. (Isn't that way it always goes...)

I was at first going to mount them like bishop did with them on top but the little plastic supports I have were too short. Then I looked at Phil's build and saw he cut a slot and mounted them underneath. I still want to try and keep it screen accurate-ish and mount it with 3 rivets through the mobo so I came up with this.

I got some plastic screws today from HD but not enough plastic nuts because I needed some to be used as a spacer (see below) so I used a combination. I may swap them out later but we'll see.

And it still works!! This is a new one, my first one has a burnt out (sort of, it blinks on and off but not the way it's supposed to) led that I'll need to replace.

After some trial and error getting it to line up and fit under the shell I had to do some modifications.

I added in a middle support to stop it wobbling.

Perfect? No, but I have a tone of this sintra now (thanks Phil for putting me onto this) so I can always try again but for now it'll do the trick.

I'm going to have to work every night in the next 2 weeks to get this ready but I might just be able to pull it off.
I'm torn on speaker orientation. I have the 4" that will go beside the power cell bracket facing the mobo and I'll drill holes like many have done. I'm undecided on the 6" under the cyclotron. Should I go up towards the shell or down towards the mobo and drill holes? I've seen both done. Anyone have any thoughts on why they went one way vs the other?
thebigone2087 liked this
PssdffJay wrote:Thanks Phil for putting me onto this
Not a problem! Glad to see more of your pack taking shape! =D
PssdffJay liked this
PssdffJay wrote:I'm torn on speaker orientation. I have the 4" that will go beside the power cell bracket facing the mobo and I'll drill holes like many have done. I'm undecided on the 6" under the cyclotron. Should I go up towards the shell or down towards the mobo and drill holes? I've seen both done. Anyone have any thoughts on why they went one way vs the other?
I did the 5" by the power cell and the 6" facing up underneath the cyclotron. I did it because originally when I had the Mighty, that what was recommended. I did it a second time for dat rumble tho. I think having the speaker facing up gives you a nice rumble in the pack and it certainly is plenty loud!
PssdffJay liked this
Facing the 6" downward will give you more space for your clyclotron light reflectors... the same kinda goes for the 4"... facing it downward gives you more play on your spacing under the shell...
PssdffJay liked this
PssdffJay wrote:I'm torn on speaker orientation. I have the 4" that will go beside the power cell bracket facing the mobo and I'll drill holes like many have done. I'm undecided on the 6" under the cyclotron. Should I go up towards the shell or down towards the mobo and drill holes? I've seen both done. Anyone have any thoughts on why they went one way vs the other?
If you want full range sound, drill LOTS of holes in the MB and point the speaker that way. The low end will transfer through the Cyclotron and MB with or without lots of holes.

It is a PITA though so I know why so many keep the drill pattern simple.
PssdffJay liked this
The electronics actually scare the crap out of me. Probably why I have put it off for so long.

Down towards the mobo it is. Thanks everyone! Looks like I've got a lot of holes to drill tonight.
Mat wrote:Off topic, I always forget you're in Calgary; I'm in Cranbrook now for an undetermined length of time! :)
That's not too far. Are you going to join us in Saskatoon for the expo? I know that still a ways drive, but Edmonton is the following weekend. I'll be there on the Sunday.
PssdffJay wrote:The electronics actually scare the crap out of me. Probably why I have put it off for so long.

Down towards the mobo it is. Thanks everyone! Looks like I've got a lot of holes to drill tonight.
Drill 598+1 so I know someone has drilled more than me :)
You drilled 598 holes???! That's nuts! Your pattern looks amazing but also makes me dizzy. I think I'll use Alan's pattern but add some more in the gaps. I'll have to look at it when I get home.
PssdffJay wrote:You drilled 598 holes???! That's nuts!
Guilty as charged :\
Yay for the updates! I say go for 600. I really like the bracket build and the cap idea will be used this week on my fittings! I'm tackling the insides this week.
Its looking good Jay! I too am starting to work on the electronics on my pack as I just recently recieved my GBFans lights and sound kits last week, so I have been looking through other peoples build threads to get an idea of how to install them as I have no clue. What you used for your power cell set up looks good, so I'm wondering what is sintra and where would I get it from so I can try to do the same for my pack?
Sintra is a pvc/foam board type material that you can heat and bend very easily. I'm sure there is a more technical answer but I don't know it. I got mine from Laird Plastics and asked them to split the sheet in half for me. 48x96 was too big to put in my jeep. I got the 1/8" based on what Phil had used. So far it's been pretty easy to work with, you just have to work fast. Once is hot enough to be playable it'll cool down fast. But you don't want to get it too hot or it turns into a limp noodle.
Cool, thanks Jay!
Matt Campbell wrote:Cool, thanks Jay!
Side note, are you going to the Edmonton expo? I can only get there on the Sunday but there will be a few ABGB there on Saturday.
A good 5 hours of work tonight. It's going to be close. My hand definitely is sore after this. Here's some photos.

Marked out the holes for the power cell bracket. I think it's 3/16 rivets, 1/8 looked too small but I'll need to search and confirm. Right now it's drilled for 1/8 and just held in with some bolts temporally.

Mounted the bracket (needed a spacer under it to bring it up a little higher) and placed the template for the speaker.

Speaker attached. That was a pain trying to get a height where the tweeter isn't touching the mobo but still low enough to get the shell on. My bolt holding on my booster tube is resting right on it and I had a heck of a time figuring out what was stopping it from going down. I think I have a good space but it is tight!

And the other side. You can see the mark from my puck spacers indented in the paint that wasn't quite cured before I put them on. All 3 were really stuck on there and I had to pry them off. I'll really need to sand this down before I repaint with all the new holes.

And then I used Alan's terrific speaker hole template and added probably double the holes. It's late but I may count them later. Definitely not as many as Bishop's.

The dot with the circle are the original and the dot without the circle are added in. I tried to draw lines and line them up so to not just drill extra holes randomly.

All the holes centre punched with my auto punch. I should have put in ear plugs, that was damn loud!

An hour later, 1 and a half batteries, a really sore hand and aluminum shavings everywhere and I now have a religious mother board. You know, because it's holy... I mean whole-y... It's late, I'm exhausted.

I decided to leave the hole un-drilled that is right beside the bolt to hold the speaker. Thought it might look cool, but I'll see later on the other side. I'll need to do a lot of sanding to get rid of the burs.

That's it for today. I think I'll tackle the 6" speaker tomorrow and the xlr plate and that should be the last of the holes I'll need to drill. Hopefully.
I used Alan's template as well, but did not add any extra holes... My pack is still insanely loud, like it echoes throughout any convention I've been to so far... I once had somebody run up to me from across a convention center hall (like pretty damn far away) and tell me "I love how your pack sounds, it's really cool, I love it, but can you turn it down just enough for us to complete this interview?" LOL!

Or if you bought the access pack you get them inst[…]

Now that we at SAGB have actually got through our […]

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal el[…]

I have not heard of this. On the Matty PKE, if the[…]