Quick question but what are you guys using for bolting the alice frame to the mobo, is there a particular nut/bolt combo or could anyone post a link to what i actually should be looking at?
Many thanks in advance
Thanks dude, I sticked your post yesterday so ive been following it, really helping me out and loving your progress in pictures
It's been a while since I've been around these forums (was gone for about 3 years or so) but coming back and looking around, this is by far my favorite build.

I love the sintra idea for the electronics, it makes so much sense. I went and bought some 3mm sintra from Amazon. Is that the correct thickness?

I'm still trying to figure out what the ethernet plate is for. Maybe I missed it somewhere...

Finally, I see that you're using Pyle PL42BL and PL63BL speakers. Why did you choose these two in particular? Have you used them before, or was it based on a recommendation? I haven't bought my speakers yet so I'm looking for suggestions.
Thanks for your kind words but there is definitely better builds out there and all my ideas I stole from them!

Don Bishop used the Ethernet plate in his build for the electronics. Doug made a custom little board so that we could run all the electronics in the shell but there still needed a small board in the thrower. This meant that all the electronics needed to be customized and modified from its original form and he beat me to that point in the build which is lucky because I have no idea what I'm doing and I'm just copying his ideas, but I'm nervous and that's really why I haven't finished it yet. I have big news coming up and then I'll be back into my build once that happens.

I got 1/8" sintra, even though I'm Canadian, they sold it in imperial, so 3mm sounds about right. Nice stuff to work with. I got that idea from Phil.

The speakers were cheap and sound pretty good. I stole that idea from Julz's builds. If you haven't read through his, they are really detailed as well and if they are good for him, they are good enough for me.

So you see, I have no original ideas, haha, I just use everyone else's.
IPv6Freely liked this
By lapena77
julz wrote:Oh I don't mean disrespect to Eric or anyone else for that matter, if current sellers sourced the L brackets then it would give people more choices. I think it's more a thing that the proper info hasn't been passed around as well as it could.

Because of the stripping issue I chose to fine steel brackets and cut them to a similar size. They look close enough for me, but it was a huge pain in the but to cut down to size.

On a side note the mounting screws for the motherboard to the alice frame are 1/4-20 Phillips Round Heads
The spacers surrounding them should be an inch and your washers look a bit too big for me...
They should also but up against the alice frame with no gaps

You can see how the hole in the alice frame isn't completely taken up by a thicker screw...
What is the size of the bolt and spacer to mount the motherboard to Alice frame
Hi sorry for reply out of the blue I know your posts been from a while back, but I as well am a proud canuck Hamilton ON s my hometown still is I don't know if your still into GB prop building or not if so I happend to have a origional functioning to my knowledge very rare"Bacharach sniffer 300" series combustible G&O detector from First GBs film (Dana's apartment scene) in my possession I'm willing to part with if interested?
Tre wrote: September 20th, 2018, 3:48 pm Hi sorry for reply out of the blue I know your posts been from a while back, but I as well am a proud canuck Hamilton ON s my hometown still is I don't know if your still into GB prop building or not if so I happend to have a origional functioning to my knowledge very rare"Bacharach sniffer 300" series combustible G&O detector from First GBs film (Dana's apartment scene) in my possession I'm willing to part with if interested?
A gentle reminder that items can't be sold through GBFans if you don't currently possess a Supporting Membership.

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]