Hey all,

I decided as a personal challenge and also out of the need to have a backup pack for new members, that I'd try to build a pack using mostly the foam floor tiles. I say mostly because some plastic as well as a good ol' cake pan cycloton and PVC are being used in addition to resin fittings. But overall the goal was to build a lightweight pack that was fairly inexpensive and looked good. I have more photos that I'll have to dig up from my old phone but these give you the gist of where this project is going.

The ridging on the gearbox and powercell along with the cyclotron rings, spacer plating and detailing on the bumper are craft foam.

The plan is to have solid state or very basic light movements in the pack and gun.

Stay tuned for more!
Last edited by DarkSpectre on June 11th, 2014, 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alphabeta001 liked this
Sorry for the lack of updates. The pack is finished with the exception of a proper gun hook. He's more progress shots and finished pics

Welcome to the family!

Overall, this pack was a lot of fun to build and to concoct new ways to make some of the parts. It's about 80% foam overall the thrower has a foam structure covered in plastic. I'm really happy with it and the best part is, it's really light.
Hey thanks guys! I gotta tell you this pack has been a beast for Halloween and cons. It looks great and it's been a lightweight alternative for one of our guys who's been having some back issues. All of our belt traps are made from the same foam and I love how lightweight they are. Here's the best part, now that the SEOGB is in winter build mode, i'm gonna tackle an RGB out of foam. Look for pics soon! Also if anyone needs any tips or tricks that i learned from this build, hit me up!
Sycko, I also put in a red blinking led on the battery compartment. I can't speak enough about the foam flooring method. Obviously it can't be used in a hero prop capacity but as a stunt prop, definitely. I've also kicked around foam goggles
By jonogunn
DarkSpectre wrote: February 25th, 2020, 11:13 am Wrap electrical tape around the thrower end until its snug. And the trigger tip will keep it from sliding back into the barrel
When you say the thrower end do you mean around the clear tube end that goes into the barrel?

Does that also mean u could pull it all the way out if you wanted to then since it’s not secured in by anything and just the tightness of the fit that keeps it there?

Thanks for the reply btw

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]