This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

DeLoreanDMC81 wrote: April 2nd, 2018, 1:49 pm Where did you get your nose cone piece? And where did you get the metal for the body of the gun?
First of all, I want to say We made it to the third page finally!

The nose cone and rear end cap were made by Crix (aka Heavy Props). They were the prototypes of a run that he was planning on doing. No word on when that run will be.

The main body was an aluminum tube I purchased on eBay here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6061-T6-Alumin ... xyIYhSVbfW

The nose cone was based on an aluminum cone I found on ebay, which Crix welded a ring to the base of. That cone can be found here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-5-5-Transiti ... Vi&vxp=mtr

In case the links get removed by the moderators, just search for these, respectively:

6061 T6 Aluminum Pipe 4" Schedule 10 x 24"-Long --> 4.5" OD x 4.260" ID x .120
1.5" - 5" Transition Cone Reducer Expander 6" Tall Aluminum JOD-961600
Thank you for that information.

It's exciting, when I made my last post and saw that I officially started the 3rd page! lol

So do you have a machine shop that you are working out of, or is it just your garage? Just wondering how you got everything cut so straight? haha

Oh, one more thing, where did you find the hinge?

Thanks again!

James
I'm just working out of my garage.

I was able to cut the body in half on my bandsaw. That was pretty fun. I had a roommate at the time help me feed it through and keep it aligned so we could make sure it didn't rotate during the cut. After that, I trued it up with a belt sander until each half sat flat on a table. I'm sure there are easier ways to do it, honestly. I'd consider taking it to a shop and having them cut it if I had to do it again.

The hinge is just a normal piano hinge. You can find them at any hardware store, usually where you find latches and the like.
I replaced the awful U-handle base plate I had made a couple years ago. I bought a 3/16" wall pipe with an inner diameter matching the outer diameter of the blower gun. I had the shop I bought it from cut it down to a 3" length.

Unfortunately, my phone died after I marked my cut off. I cut out a 2" section on the bandsaw and then slowly ground down the 1/16" recessed parts on a belt sander/disc sander, checking the depth of the recess with calipers as I went. It was slow-going, but I like how it turned out.

This weekend, I'd like to install some LEDs in this gun and call it good. More on that in a bit.
Thanks for looking!
v0cal assass1n wrote:This is too damn awesome!

Just wanted to ask everyone here if they know who's making commissioned slime blowers?

Aside from Karnivorous Creations I know of no one else building one for sale.
Thanks! I don't believe anyone else is doing full commissions right now. Karnivorous Creations is doing great work with theirs though. I don't believe anyone has offered full builds with that much accuracy in the past. You can find pretty inaccurate ones on eBay from time to time, but like with anything, you get what you pay for.
My ball is acrylic, Ive casted some polyurethane resin to lock a bolt, so I can easily remove it if I break it or whatever needed. But a rivet can obviously to the trick.
Boy, it's been a while.
I have some updates for the gun coming at some point. Until then though:

I wanted to wear the blower to a local con, but wanted to fix a couple things on it first. The biggest thing were the heat sinks for it. When I made my blower years ago, I didn't have many tools. As such I couldn't cut the bevel into the heat sinks to make them look more accurate. This week I spent a night with the band saw and cut the two extra fins off of each of my heat sinks, cut in the bevel, then mounted them back into the pump boxes with modified L-bar.

Here's the shot of one of my heat sinks before:

Here's what the L-bar looks like, which I used to mount the modified heat sinks with:

And here's where we're at now:

I am still planning on going through and redoing almost everything on the actual blower "pack" eventually. These heat sinks will be replaced with more accurate ones, along with the pump boxes, tanks, etc. This is just to get me by for this convention.
Kingpin liked this
The last modification to make before Salt Lake FanX was to install some LEDs in the blower's gun. I've been putting this off for a long time. There's not a lot to say here, other than it really makes the blower gun look neat!

And here's a couple pics from the con after all the work of getting things updated enough to feel comfortable wearing it:

Stay tuned for some (eventual) cool upgrades!
TheKevinShow wrote: May 31st, 2020, 8:25 am Hey [mention]KoCo [/mention], what is the plate that the castle nut, bolt and (what I assume is a) washer sit on in the nozzle?
Hey Kevin,

That plate is just that -- a plate! It's just a disc of aluminum that I cut the appropriate notches/holes into.

Also, I know I keep saying exciting things are ahead for this build, and I stand by that. Stay tuned in the next (hopefully) month or so for some long-awaited updates.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]