By iamroguesniper
So I found the Spirit proton pack earlier this year. Always wanted to build a pack. Told the wife it was for my son's halloween costume. (I'll loan it to him for the day) 2 months and $500 later it's done. Figured I'd share seeing all the info and inspiration came from here.
Flat black paint job with Rub'n buff weathering. Yellow EL tape and electrical tape for the hazard tape, ghostlab42 spirit light kit, soundboard, vent relay, and cosmetic kit, Jupiter electronics .75 scale wand light kit, and a AutismTeddy metallic sticker set.
I replaced all the tubing with 1/4 clear vinyl and ran chasing EL wire inside and used air fittings painted gray in the body.
It's powered by a 12v power pack that I added a remote switch and charging port to.
I used some scale resin parts from GBHQPartsDepot and hot glue to simulate weld beads.
I cut knurling into the knobs added extra screws and threaded rod to the air valves. 3D printed hat lenses from Benofkentprops and wand bracket from BusterProps.
I used a modified .75 scale Jupiter electronics wand kit (Only available in amber. I changed it to yellow.) and a dual led flasher circuit to add more animation to the wand. (Right after I made this post I discovered the ghostlab42 wand kit not to mention the rest of the upgraded kits. I pierced mine together. Dang it!
I cut down an Alice pack frame to better fit my son. It's still too big for him.
Over all, for a wall piece, I think I nailed it.
https://youtu.be/kvTsFAs03Pg
Last edited by iamroguesniper on August 6th, 2020, 9:04 am, edited 21 times in total.
By grogking
Can you show how you connected the EL wire? I had an EL wire pack, but the wire didnt last long, and caused distortion in my audio. I would be interested to know where you got the wire as well, and how it is wired up.

Thanks
By Kingpin
It's something to do with Google Photos, for whatever reason they've designed the application to not be phb forum friendly when it comes to displaying the uploaded images.
By iamroguesniper
I got the EL wire off of ebay because it was the only place that had 12v controllers. Just searched for 12v chasing el wire. Problem with the stuff I bought was it had a sewing strip molded right into it that I had to cut off. Didn't realize it when I bought it. Also the plastic on the red was very dark and hard to see the effects. When I ordered it I only bought a meter of each color and the red was too short for the routing thru the pack. I tried to make the chasing effect flow in the right directions (screwed it up with the new stuff) so I had to cut and terminate the red. Wasn't fun and didnt last. I had to replace the red. If you want some decent stuff I suggest sparkfun.com. It's only ten bucks for 3 meters but they dont have 12v controllers, just 3v ones. No problem with sound distortion. The el controller is right next to the speaker but it's a shielded speaker. I tried to keep the el and dc wiring separate. The el controller does have a high pitch wine sound when on. Used Led rgb 4 wire to connect the el wire ends.
It's kinda messy as its gonna through 2 different rewires. Had I known the issues I had, I would of planned it better. Had I known of the updated ghostlab42 kits that came out 1 1/2 years ago I could of saved a ton.
Last edited by iamroguesniper on August 6th, 2020, 8:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
grogking liked this
By iamroguesniper
The shinny black rectangle at the center top of the cyclotron is the chasing el controller. When it powers on it is in solid mode. Used a timer relay (red board on left) to trigger it to chasing mode once the pack booted up. Both the red and blue start and feed from the injector block through the injectors. You can see the red cut across to the left side of the cyclotron. The blue feeds straight up and out the top of the ion arm.
grogking liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]