Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Ok. You’re the director and editor. You have the power to reinsert a single deleted scene from any of the 4 Ghostbusters movie back into the movie. Just the one scene. No more, no less. Which movie? Which scene? And why? 1 new scene from one of 4 movies. Filmed scenes only. No alternate concepts or scripted but not filmed scenes please.

I know what I’d pick. It would be Ghostbusters 2 and it would be Dana wondering if something is wrong with her that ANOTHER big supernatural event is happening to her. Why? It answers the question the audience is thinking. Or at least lets the audience know the movie and filmmakers have thought of the issue & makes a joke of it.
robbritton liked this
It’d be Ghostbusters 2 for me, and I’d re-insert the shot where Venkman and Ray argue about the best way to get the Statue of Liberty to the museum through New York traffic. It’s a bit of New York grime of the kind I missed in the second movie, and it feels like the Bill and Dan of old for a minute. Plus it’s a great gag!
DancingToaster liked this
I think I'd put in the entirety of the Liberty Island ceremony ending in GB2. More of a vindication moment, the city that sued them 5 years ago is now giving them the key to the city and always like Peter's joke about Ray's family coming to America in search of cheese.
Kingpin, robbritton, DancingToaster and 1 others liked this
RichardLess wrote: August 6th, 2023, 4:04 pm Ok. You’re the director and editor. You have the power to reinsert a single deleted scene from any of the 4 Ghostbusters movie back into the movie. Just the one scene. No more, no less. Which movie? Which scene? And why? 1 new scene from one of 4 movies. Filmed scenes only. No alternate concepts or scripted but not filmed scenes please.

I know what I’d pick. It would be Ghostbusters 2 and it would be Dana wondering if something is wrong with her that ANOTHER big supernatural event is happening to her. Why? It answers the question the audience is thinking. Or at least lets the audience know the movie and filmmakers have thought of the issue & makes a joke of it.

While there are some other scenes that I would personally like to see in the movie more, such as the rest of the Liberty Island ceremony, the Dana scene you mentioned would probably be the most practical one to put back in. The explanation is brief and makes enough sense to make her plot work; I don't think it should have been cut.
See my signature. I'd go with the scene in the first film where Janine gives Egon her lucky coin. It's such a cute scene and ends with that killer line from Venkman. I'm not even sure why they cut it. Maybe because Harold wasn't big on that subplot, or maybe because it would sorta interfere with the "Savin' the Day" interlude, but on its own I think it's a fantastic little character moment.
ghoulishfright wrote: August 9th, 2023, 4:55 pm See my signature. I'd go with the scene in the first film where Janine gives Egon her lucky coin. It's such a cute scene and ends with that killer line from Venkman. I'm not even sure why they cut it. Maybe because Harold wasn't big on that subplot, or maybe because it would sorta interfere with the "Savin' the Day" interlude, but on its own I think it's a fantastic little character moment.
I do like that bit, especially Venkman’s delivery but it would completely mess with the “So whadya need from me” hard cut and the “come on let’s run some red lights”. Like you said it would mess with the whole Savin The Day vibe which is just….it’s so perfect.
RichardLess wrote: August 9th, 2023, 8:37 pmI do like that bit, especially Venkman’s delivery but it would completely mess with the “So whadya need from me” hard cut and the “come on let’s run some red lights”. Like you said it would mess with the whole Savin The Day vibe which is just….it’s so perfect.
Yeah, the "Savin' the Day" bit is pure gold . . . It's a tragic part of the creative process, but sometimes you have to "kill your darlings" -- sacrifice scenes and moments which are brilliant on their own -- for the greater good of the piece as a whole. There's a certain alchemy involved and a balance you have to strike in order to produce that lustrous gold ingot. So, thank goodness for physical media and deleted scenes, otherwise we'd never see these smaller nuggets.
d_osborn wrote: August 10th, 2023, 8:25 am Liberty holding the torch in the wrong hand. I'm a sucker for corny sight gags.
I’m not sure I’m familiar with this deleted scene. I thought I knew them all but leave it to Mr Osborn to fill in the knowledge gaps.

This was filmed? Was it just as simple as it sounds or more to it?
Winston1986 wrote: August 10th, 2023, 1:45 pm The scene in Ghostbusters 2 where Vigo possessed Ray while he's driving the Ecto 1. Because the scene of him staring into Vigo's eyes is pointless without it.
I assume that they decided it still worked as setting up Ray's brief possession in the final battle.

I'm rather fond of the lucky coin scene, but yeah, as pointed out, it would have broke the rhythm of the "Savin The Day" vibe. At least they canonized it in Afterlife.
RichardLess wrote: August 10th, 2023, 1:05 pm This was filmed? Was it just as simple as it sounds or more to it?
Sorry, I got excited reading through the thread and skimmed over the "filmed only" detail. :walterpeck:

The 1A/possessed Ray scene! Without a doubt, full-stop. It was cut for a reason, I'm sure, but I just really want to see it.

If I was forced to pick one for the first film, it would be the shot outside of LA23 with the H&L 8 floor-level mockup.

https://www.lankaweb.com/news/items/201 ... s-angeles/
Kingpin liked this
joezlo wrote: August 21st, 2023, 10:29 am GB 1 - "I thought you said you floored them at the board meeting?!?"

GB 2 - Dana's "Why me?"

Ray's Possessed Ecto drive

Statue of Liberty Ceremony

ATC:

Erin's Ghostgirl sub-plot with the press

Rowan's scenes at the Hotel

Kevin's dance sequence

Any of Kate McKinnon's Improv

Afterlife: Bring on the Janine cut!!!!
The idea is to pick one deleted scene out of all the movies not one from each movie. So you have to pick one of those deleted scenes. Just one.
joezlo wrote: August 22nd, 2023, 11:08 am ... but deleted scenes are like Lays Potato Chips, "Bethcha can't have just one"
Yeah. It’s tempting to add so many. But that was the point of the exercise. To pick just a single deleted scene from all the movies & explain why that particular scene should be added. I didn’t want people just listing all their favourite deleted scenes. It’s suppose to be a Sophie’s Choice sort of thing.
Jeez. Ok.

It would have to be GB2, solely because most of GB1 & ATC's deleted scenes have surfaced that are being mentioned.

Possessed Ray driving Ecto-1A would be the clincher.

Not only would it be more action of the 1A, but tie together his possession by Vigo in the climax a bit better.

I'd also like to see Winston punch Ray.

There. I did it.
Likewise my choice would also be to restore the Possessed Ray/Ecto-1A scene... In addition to the reasons already stated, it could've helped make the full possession of Ray in the final battle more of a surprise if the audience thought Ray had been snapped out of Vigo's influence when Winston clocked him.
prodestrian liked this
Kingpin wrote: August 24th, 2023, 3:46 pm Likewise my choice would also be to restore the Possessed Ray/Ecto-1A scene... In addition to the reasons already stated, it could've helped make the full possession of Ray in the final battle more of a surprise if the audience thought Ray had been snapped out of Vigo's influence when Winston clocked him.
I don’t know. I agree it’s totally a scene they should’ve kept but I’m not sure it would’ve been more of a surprise? As it is now we don’t see Ray possessed at all before the showdown. He has a little moment where he’s a bit dazed in the museum but had we seen him in full on possession mode in the car I think it would be less surprising at the end since the audience has experienced a version of it already. I think having Ray possessed in the car, especially when Venkman says “watch him don’t let him shave” adds tension to climax because we know there’s a connection there between the two. The audience would be on edge more expecting something to happen. The way it is now is definitely surprising but it also seems to come out of nowhere.
True.

Even though it comes out of nowhere, Vigo's speech and the guys' reaction brings it more of a comedic tone than suspense in my worthless 2 cents opinion.

From the murmurings of why the scene was cut - it sounds like the 1A scene was more suspense/violent/scary to an extent.

Fans should requisition Jason for "The Ungrateful Little Yuppie Larva Cut" as opposed to a Director's Cut.

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]