By sonicblaster59
I was watching the movie Aliens the other day and noticed that a part of the GIGA METER was used in the film.

Near the end of the movie where Bishop is piloting the Dropshop from orbit, there is a ECU shot of the control panel he is using. In this shot look VERY closely at the joystick he uses to pilot the ship. It is one of the MIC ears off of the GIGA METER.

Don't know if this was posted here before or was already common knowledge. If not, NOW you know.

*Shooting star of knowledge*
By Donkey8012
The way your post reads, and this could just be me being stupid, it sounds like you're saying that they took one of the ears from a Giga meter for the joystick. While there's no way to be sure, I doubt that this is the case. I think it's just the same type of mic that was used in both cases. I don't think they disassembled a Giga meter for the control panel in "Aliens".
awphil23@gmail.com liked this
By sonicblaster59
I think it's just the same type of mic that was used in both cases. I don't think they disassembled a Giga meter for the control panel in "Aliens".
Yeah, that is what I ment. Same model of Mic used for the Joystick as for the giga. Not that they took "off" a giga meter ear to use in this film. I would hope not.
Never saw this thread, but thankfully found it before posting on the same 'find'. I was watching the movie last night and spotted the Realistic Stereo Electret Condenser Microphone 33-1065 tips as well.

Here's mine that I bought three or four years ago to make a Giga Meter.

But actually I saw them on TWO props in ALIENS.

First when Ripley calls Burke...

... and then again later when Bishop is piloting the dropship by remote, as mentioned in previous posts of this thread.

There are probably more throughout the film, they're just easier to spot in closeups.

Funny. I never knew I was collecting ALIENS props this whole time!

Alex
alphabeta001 liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]