This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By B-Rad
Got finished playing through the game again and was looking through the art gallery and came upon this image

just curious if anyone ever thought making this/putting one together? I personally think it would be a cool little thing to have.

I would imagine it would have things like SOP (standing operating procedures) for different circumstances, equipment functions/how to use, etc. besides tobins spirit guide.
It would be really neat to have something like that on hand. The big question, though, is what to put in it. Obviously, it would be a bit dodgy to fill it with video game material. Is it a guide to attending events and conventions (operating procedure)? Is it a mock-technical guide to equipment?

I'm actually looking at something like this, but from the different angle. Rather than making a comprehensive book, I've become interested in making a substance-less prop of Tobin's Spirit Guide. Instead of worrying about the content, I'm thinking of making either a blank book or a book full of filler text (like people use in web design) that can fit in a flight suit pocket. We have no idea what would be in the books, but it is easy to find out what books of that era (late 19th - early 20th century) look like.

It would be cool to see some books with content, but it sounds like quite a few people have tried (at least with Tobin's) and haven't really produced anything.
This doesn't really fit into the Ghostbusters universe for me. They didn't really operate in the movies like they had a manual. What I mean is, they sort of played everything by ear.
I agree about the "playing by ear" part, but they did reference Tobin's quite a bit in both movies and RGB. In RGB, the book was an old looking, leather (more than likely) bound tome with a large stylized "T" on the cover. Sure it was a bit cheesy, but having one would still be nifty. I think the SOP book might fit in a bit more with the whole franchise thing, but like the "Pirate's Code", it'd be more of... well, guidelines really. I'm not sure what the policy for linking to other sites is here, but I do know that there are a LOT of bookbinding, paper aging, and cover creation tutorials over on propnomicon .
Find a coil-bound notebook (plastic, not wire - the wide, squarish tabs on the left are a give-away, plus, the plastic ones are easier to pull apart and reassumble)

Print and cut cover to size (possibly just printing ink-jet onto light brown paper, like from a grocery bag, then gluing to original cover)

Buy red stick-on tabs - if you want to be fancy, when you pull it apart to redo the cover, add in cardboard every quarter or so, and stick the tabs to this)

Done! A fancy notebook. Hell, I want to make one now...
I know i'm still new and this thread is a couple months old but from what I've read on here over the last week I think if any group of people could make a fun SOP for ghostbusters it would be this forum.

Just think of the chapters,
Chapter 1: Gear
Ecto Goggles
Proton Pack
PKE meter
Trap
Chapter 2: Types of Spirits
Level 5 full floating apparition
Chapter 3: Scenarios
What to do if someone ask if your a god

I mean come on it would be a hoot.
Chapter 2:
By Massacci
I'm actually in the process of creating a comprehensive and complete field manual that will include my own interpretation of the Ghost Classification System, (based on information compiled from the films, the table top RPG, and the video game) including a Psychokinetic Spectrum, as well as an operations manual detailing the science fiction behind the inner workings of all major pieces of GB equipment. The latter of which is composed from my own ideas and research combined with the ideas of some of our very own members here. I'm also going to illustrate the manual.
I'm creating one, i have a plain leather book, with aged pages and i'm writing in the main ghosts from the two films, the video game and the animated series, using calligraphy, I'll post some pictures once i'm done. Also i'm thinking of a design for the cover in an aged looking gold leaf effect :)
although mines will only be a spirit guide ;)

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]