By Austin
Now that footage of the new packs is out, I can post the parts I have I.D.ed from them.

What you're looking at here is a modern ITT Cannon connector and a section of gas mask hose

The hose is most likely Russian. Fabric covered. The Russian hoses do come in green, but I could only find gray when I did my searches. Had to dye it.

The ITT Cannon connector has 3 components:

Plug - PN 192922-1250
Backshell - PN 192922-1310
Receptacle - PN 192922-1190

The receptacle is mounted to a larger aluminum plate that is most likely custom and not part of the connector set up.

The wands are now using the current Neutrik connectors.

Female - PN NAC3FX-W
Male - PN NAC3MX-W

The male connector has the silver button removed and it is installed in the rear handle. The female connector is attached to the loom.

Wands have a new forward grip.

It is a heavily modified AK-47 grip by FAB Defense.

They are now using genuine LC-2 ALICE Frames by North American Manufacturing Company.

I believe the frame pictured above is 100% accurate. The biggest tell being the lack of a plasic insert in the round hole on the sides, and the rounded over edge of the holes. This matches all of the frames I've seen on the new packs.

They are also using genuine LC-2 pads(when not using Haslab😂). The kidney straps have the yellow striping present on the belt, but not the red.

The shoulder straps have been modified. The quick releases have been removed entirely and there is now a set up with a ladder buckle. It also appears they've combined tubular nylon webbing AND cotton webbing for the lower portion of the straps. Very odd.

The beam line has been replaced by a conduit fitting.

They are Adaptaflex 90° conduit elbows.

PN ASF13/PG9/90 & AWB13

Other things to note:

-Ion arms all appear to still be using the Dale PH-25 with the brass nut(no circle on the end), and Dale RH-25 with no logo. The long resistor on the other side looks like it may be a Sage with the vertical ridges, but I haven't seen good enough reference to tell.

-Still using SMC elbows, unpainted, and the flanged inserts have been removed and replaced with brass inserts to better match the Legris.

-Still using the heatsink seen on the side of the Phoebe pack in Afterlife. Though they are most likely replicas as the supply of real heatsinks was wiped out at Apex by the time these would have been built.

-It appears they have switched to splitless loom for these packs.

Will update this with more info soon!
Last edited by Austin on November 15th, 2023, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedSpecial, tobycj, mburkit and 10 others liked this
By JoeLuna33
You are a mad man and I am here for it. Damn it, I may have to make another f*****g proton pack.
By ecto88mph
Great work, following.

Spent the afternoon looking at stills of this pack. I suspect these are all duplicates of the same pack, specifically this is the Phoebe pack after its been upgraded.
Austin, Kingpin liked this
By jle2199
I have a theory on the gas mask hose change. I bet they found out they couldn't import the same hose they used in The US in a hurry and had to compromise with what was available in The UK
By kman
jle2199 wrote: November 13th, 2023, 1:33 pm
GBDave904 wrote: November 9th, 2023, 9:27 pm That forward grip is interesting, I can see the pistol grip but also see like Magpul ish handguard too if I stare long enough
I don't think I like it.
Me neither. I'm fine with the wooden shotgun pump, or the OG finger grip, but I'm not a fan of the AK hardware.
One time liked this
By Austin
I've updated the main thread but posting this as a reply as well just to make sure it doesn't get overlooked.

I had previously I.D. the elbow that replaces the beam line, but I was waiting until they were in hand to confirm they were 100% correct before I put the info out.

Thanks to Toby Canham-James, we have confirmation!

The beam line has been replaced by a conduit fitting.

They are Adaptaflex 90° conduit elbows.

PN ASF13/PG9/90 & AWB13
tobycj, SpaceBallz liked this
By SpaceBallz
where did you find the Adaptaflex 90° conduit? I typed it into google and one website wants me to sign up to be a parts vendor and the others look similar but not that exact part.
By Austin
SpaceBallz wrote: November 17th, 2023, 9:15 am where did you find the Adaptaflex 90° conduit? I typed it into google and one website wants me to sign up to be a parts vendor and the others look similar but not that exact part.
It's specific to the UK. A friend was kind enough to order them for me and send them over.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/conduit- ... 03886?gb=s
SpaceBallz, tobycj liked this
By DeNomad
Austin, thank you for providing these great details! I had a question regarding the Cannon Trident series connectors. This is my first build and I wonder if 4 pins in the part numbers you provided is sufficient for all possible wiring needs for lights and sounds boards? Would moving to a 19 pin connector cover all possible wiring needs, or might that be overkill?

4 Pin Plug - PN 192922-1250
4 Pin Receptacle - PN 192922-1190

ITT Cannon Connector with additional pins
19 Pin Plug - PN 192922-1280 *OD is 31.2mm vs 4 Pin Plug 21.6mm
19 Pin Backshell - PN 192922-1340 *OAL is 67.1mm vs 4 Pin 61.3mm
19 Pin Receptacle - PN 192922-1220 *Flange face is 28.15mm vs 4 Pin 23.5mm
By Austin
DeNomad wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:06 am Austin, thank you for providing these great details! I had a question regarding the Cannon Trident series connectors. This is my first build and I wonder if 4 pins in the part numbers you provided is sufficient for all possible wiring needs for lights and sounds boards? Would moving to a 19 pin connector cover all possible wiring needs, or might that be overkill?
I honestly have no idea 😂 Electronics are not my thing, unfortunately. I just know the 4 pin is what is used on the screen used packs.

mburkit might have some insight? I know for the custom Afterlife electronics he did, lights and sound both were running fine off of 4 pins, but I'm sure it all depends on what the kit involves.
By mburkit
DeNomad wrote: January 8th, 2024, 11:06 am Austin, thank you for providing these great details! I had a question regarding the Cannon Trident series connectors. This is my first build and I wonder if 4 pins in the part numbers you provided is sufficient for all possible wiring needs for lights and sounds boards? Would moving to a 19 pin connector cover all possible wiring needs, or might that be overkill?

4 Pin Plug - PN 192922-1250
4 Pin Receptacle - PN 192922-1190

ITT Cannon Connector with additional pins
19 Pin Plug - PN 192922-1280 *OD is 31.2mm vs 4 Pin Plug 21.6mm
19 Pin Backshell - PN 192922-1340 *OAL is 67.1mm vs 4 Pin 61.3mm
19 Pin Receptacle - PN 192922-1220 *Flange face is 28.15mm vs 4 Pin 23.5mm
It is completely dependent on the electronics you are using. If you need more leads, then get an ITT connector that has the number of leads you need.
By DJ Chewie
Good Morning all!

I am seeking some information. If anyone has this, I think it would be super helpful to those of us building.

1. The grip on the wand looks smooth. Is it smooth or does it retain texture.

2. Is the heat sink on the wand hollow revealing the yellow cheese slice or is the heat sink painted yellow on the inside of the blades?

3. The pack shell, is it smooth or textured?

4. What is the approximate length of the rubber hose that feeds out of the cloth tube and into the loom.

5. Any idea on the frame mounting to the shell? It looks like the cross bar sits on the mobo and the kindey plate is about 1 inch off using spacers.

6. What is that pillow looking thing on the back?
By Austin
DJ Chewie wrote: January 19th, 2024, 7:49 am Good Morning all!

I am seeking some information. If anyone has this, I think it would be super helpful to those of us building.

1. The grip on the wand looks smooth. Is it smooth or does it retain texture.

2. Is the heat sink on the wand hollow revealing the yellow cheese slice or is the heat sink painted yellow on the inside of the blades?

3. The pack shell, is it smooth or textured?

4. What is the approximate length of the rubber hose that feeds out of the cloth tube and into the loom.

5. Any idea on the frame mounting to the shell? It looks like the cross bar sits on the mobo and the kindey plate is about 1 inch off using spacers.

6. What is that pillow looking thing on the back?
1. It is smooth and textured.

2. The spaces between the heatsink fins are painted yellow.

3. Pack shell is textured but it's more subtle than in any other film so far. It's more like the GB1/GB2 texture but toned down.

4. About a foot.

5. 1 inch spacers(GB2/Afterlife style) for all 3 mounting points.

6. It's a large pad covered with what appears to be black gaffer tape.
By DJ Chewie
Thank you Thank you thank you!

Been collecting everything you have mentioned in here and prepping it all to assemble when I get the opportunity. Probably wont have it done in time for the movie, but I will get it done. The rubber hose was the last physical piece along with the pad that I needed. I can believe its all gaphers tape on that pad. Crazy

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]