Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
By SnidderEcto1
Picked this up last night at Walmart and plan on a long build of customizing this baby into a Magnum Ecto and there are some things ill need help on that not sure how to make or buy..

1. Taking out that sunroof and figuring out how...
2. Roof rack and parts (no ladder)
3. Police Lights and blue Hoses
4. Paint and Decals

By the way If any one has any extra 1:25th scale ecto parts laying around that you want to get rid of please let me know and we will see what we can work out..

Hope everyone enjoys this thread!!
By elsoldao7
SnidderEcto1 wrote:Thinking about that too.. then what would i do with all the extra peices left in the ecto kit? Id hate to waste that..
I'm sure you could find someone that'll be willing to take that extra stuff of your hands ;)
By SnidderEcto1
gonna be fun mashing these together..

all the pieces ive cut off the rack..

gettin closer gonna get some epoxy to fill all the cracks and make look better..

once i epoxy what i need to fill in some spots next will be getting rid of the sunroof on the magnum.. more pics to come sometime..
By Tyrael
There's literally hundreds of different kinds of detail polystyrene products available at Hobby Town and such should you need to scratch-build any parts.
Looking forward to seeing how this progresses. Don't forget Dan's signature near the driver's-side visor!
Boomerjinks liked this
By SnidderEcto1
Tyrael wrote:There's literally hundreds of different kinds of detail polystyrene products available at Hobby Town and such should you need to scratch-build any parts.
Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

ya but im not good at scaling things.. id make them too big or small so its easier for me to just do this.
By SnidderEcto1
Hey Yo!! Update time!!

So i glued the sunroof in and gonna sand the heck out of it to make the roof smooth.

before

after

Shrunk the tube down..

cut out the tube mount and glued it on..

also did it with the lightbar mounts..

cut the tubes and twisted them around to make them mount under the rack..
still gotta shrink them down a little more

glued in some filler pieces just to fill in some space in the bottom.. also where the hoses will connect..

still gotta long way to go..but so far so good..
Tyrael liked this
By PssdffJay
No no, I do like it! I made a joke about the word primed, and tried to use an iPhone emoticon and instead of the icon, it puts a description of the icon in brackets. And then I tried to make a joke about that using another emoticon.

The rack is great. My humour, not so much.
By SnidderEcto1
used a red marker for the taillights.. bad pic but the look like they are real!

got the lightbars on

Decals

gonna skip all the boring time consuming pics. pretty much just painted the inside black except some small details like the shifter knob and dash. anyways to the finished product!!

i know im not a super good painter but like the way it turned out! thanks everyone for following along!
Tyrael liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]