Have you picked up your AMT Ecto-1a model yet? Start a topic in this forum and share your build along with hundreds of others!
I know it's not an Ecto-1A but I thought I'd post it here being it's a Model. Two things factor high in this build.

1) My skill level

2) My hands' stubborn refusal not to shake. "Oh you're doing detail work? Well F%^K YOU!*Shakes like crazy*

This car is made from parts left over from my Video game inspired Ecto-1. I had an AMT kit and a polar lights kit and I made one car using both. But then I was stuck with stuff left over. You might've noticed my parts wanted thread, well while I'm looking for parts I had to reluctantly Kit Bash to complete the car part of the Ecto-1. I tried to do the interior in a way that matched the colors and such of the Cartoon Ecto-1. let me know If I came close or not. Also I'm aware the interior needs touch up work.

Fritz wrote:Looks like a great start to me. The back row of seats is every well done.

That's where some of the Kit Bashing took place. The polar lights Ecto-1 didn't have all the interior parts (why would it with that dark glass that can't be seen through). Plus it matches as close as I can the interior seats of the cartoon Ecto-1. Also had to do some kit bashing for the tires (Kid had painted the rubber silver making them useless).
GBfan77 wrote: (why would it with that dark glass that can't be seen through).
Yeah, that was just stupid. I performed a slight change on mine--I knocked out the inexplicable "front" of the dark plastic, so that you could at least glimpse the interior through the front windows.
If you want to do the cartoon version, why not get a Kenner and just repair (if needed) & paint? But then again, I also like the idea of what you're doing. If you have kits to Frankenstein, you're going in the right direction (with full customization). Can't wait to see it progress.
Grimmy GB wrote:If you want to do the cartoon version, why not get a Kenner and just repair (if needed) & paint?
I already have that project started:
http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 13&t=37385

The thing is, the rack parts I got are from an Ecto-1A. The same as the First car I put together and I want to make it different. Besides I've got plans for the Ecto-1A parts.
Grimmy GB wrote: But then again, I also like the idea of what you're doing. If you have kits to Frankenstein, you're going in the right direction (with full customization). Can't wait to see it progress.
Yeah I've got a few kits kicking around that could probably complete this model. The Top equipment shouldn't be too difficult to make either.
Grimmy GB liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]