Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
metallijosh wrote:
droidguy1119 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:58 pm I'm not as convinced as everyone else that that's an adult hand holding the PKE meter as opposed to a dirty hand, but it's possible. Combining what Jason says in that IGN breakdown with the original trailer, my guess is that 99% of the PKE meter in this movie is going to be Phoebe using it, and that the PKE meter will represent her attempt to connect to and understand Egon.
Look at the knuckles though, those are clearly senior adult knuckles.

My theory is that it is Ray holding the PKE and the dry ice fog is Egons ghost appearing to him.
Yeah. I always had this vision of Ray falling asleep at a desk, exhausted from trying to figure out some kind of scientific problem. Egon's ghost appears, but we don't see his face. Just ethereal feet walking. An ethereal hand grabbing a marker and writing something out on a white board. Ray wakes up and sees the notes. The signature says, "See you on the other side. Egon."
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:48 pm The scene where the fog comes in through the fireplace - what is that in the background? It looks like a bed with a bunch of papers piled on top. Can anyone else lighten up that image a bit to figure it out?
Jason says the smoke comes out of chimney. Reminds me of the white smoke we see when the kitchendoor opens to reveal a Terror Dog. My guess it's a scene from the Terror Dog attack on Callie, who is probably home. The bit with the lamp bending must be part of it.
Sav C liked this
Some asshole just started posting the leaked Venkman pics on instagram.

I hate people so much. All the effort that was put into those not leaking. *sigh*
groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 3:24 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:48 pm The scene where the fog comes in through the fireplace - what is that in the background? It looks like a bed with a bunch of papers piled on top. Can anyone else lighten up that image a bit to figure it out?
Gotcha covered:
Thanks. It's an arm chair with newspapers piled up on it. Mystery solved!
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 3:51 pm Some asshole just started posting the leaked Venkman pics on instagram.

I hate people so much. All the effort that was put into those not leaking. *sigh*
I hope someone busts his head. In a spiritual sense, of course.
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 3:51 pm Some asshole just started posting the leaked Venkman pics on instagram.

That's horrible that someone would do such a thing. What's their username so I can report them right away!?!
ecto88mph wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:58 pm
timeware wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:36 pm

As soon as I saw that thing i was like WTF guys, and then I'm at work so I can't spend too much time thinking up a whole series of dirty jokes. Must resist for now. This is so damned easy.
Would it be cliche to say that's what she said at this point?

Two in the box, ready to go!
metallijosh wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:46 pm

That's horrible that someone would do such a thing. What's their username so I can report them right away!?!
It's 2021, not like anything can be done about it now. Streisand effect.
timeware liked this

Devils Advocate for a moment: since images of the guys in uniform as toys were officially released and we know theyre suiting up, does it really spoil anything?
timeware, Corey91 liked this
timeware wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:49 pm
ecto88mph wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:58 pm

Two in the box, ready to go!
Funny you should say that... I just watched the last episode of The Office that Harold Ramis directed.

It's all connected.
timeware, Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/horror/g ... #gs.7io4sq

Obvious spoilers if you click on the link. According to CBM they were officialy released by Hasbro. Nothing out of bounds here. At least with the action figures we know who's going to suit up
This Post Contains Spoilers
so unless
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by timeware on July 27th, 2021, 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coover5 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 3:37 pm That's not fog and paperwork. It's coming from a fire and those are UK magazines. What I'm saying is it's smoke and Mirrors.
Oh my god.

(The Mirror isn't a magazine though, it's a newspaper!)
Hairy Biker wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:58 pm

Devils Advocate for a moment: since images of the guys in uniform as toys were officially released and we know theyre suiting up, does it really spoil anything?
Seeing a toy is a lot different than seeing Bill Murray in live action in a flight suit. You know darn well the studio doesn't want our first look to be some low resolution screencaps from behind the scenes.
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 5:28 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: July 27th, 2021, 4:58 pm

Seeing a toy is a lot different than seeing Bill Murray in live action in a flight suit. You know darn well the studio doesn't want our first look to be some low resolution screencaps from behind the scenes.
Totally agree with you 100%. I'm just looking at the otherside of the coin.
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
Alphagaia wrote: July 25th, 2021, 5:35 am Multiverse was baked in the first movie with the (door to the) ghost dimension, and the IDW comic together with the videogame did some great, awesome things with the dimensions.

It's no secret Dan wanted to do some funny things with dimensions, as evidenced with his first draft and Hellbent.

Trouble is, how far is an audience willing to go, and what kind of new story do you want to tell? I mean, it's a great idea and opens up many possibilities, but it depends on what story you want to tell.

But first I want to see if GBA can calm down the ruckus around the GBfranchise and set up some interesting new characters and storylines. I don't want it just to be an conclusion for the OGB, I want it to be an origin story / soft reboot for a new crew.
Agreed. Regarding the ideas of dimensions introduced in GB84, the IDW continuity definitely expanded on that very well and settled on a formula doesn't have to be as complex as the DC or Marvel Multiverses (which is a different story altogether, although, I still enjoy both of them, regardless). We'll just see what new elements GB:A will introduce in the lore when it releases in November.
Kingpin wrote: July 25th, 2021, 3:18 pm
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: July 25th, 2021, 4:35 am The challenge for future Ghostbusters films/tv shouldn't be to contrive a way to write the same four characters, but to write new characters who are good in their own right or are written in a way which pays homage to the originals.
If there's to be a continuation of the films, then yeah, we do need new characters.
jonogunn wrote: July 25th, 2021, 4:49 am It’s the perfect time to jump on the multiverse train.
I enjoyed 101 and Crossing Over, but Ghostbusters doesn't need a cinematic/televisual multiverse.
Yeah, I see no need for live-action GB to adopt and overuse the multiverse formula; i'm fine with that in IDW canon since they did it right. I do agree that characters (old and new) that are well written enough to stand out on their own, as well as the general formula for GB storytelling, are necessary and shouldn't be lost.
robbritton wrote: February 21st, 2021, 4:34 am I only ever wondered if the game would get a nod because it was Ramis' final Ghostbusters outing. Ghostbusters has to be a comedy above all else. Whenever I hear anyone talk about how it should go grimdark it's just so depressing. Ghostbusters works and it stands the test of time so well because it was made as an ensemble comedy by professionals of ensemble comedy, rather than as a sci-fi.

It's something I'd actually give Paul Feig credit for, myself. It would have been easy to go pure Marvel, but he went for contemporary improv leaning comedy. Happy to admit it's not to everyone's taste, but it does fit the 2016 comedy milleu, as Ghostbusters fit with the loose Blues Brothers/Trading Places post SNL anarchic vibe and GB2 fit with the more bucolic Twins/Cool Runnings/Beethoven early 90s family comedy vibe. To lean on a cliché, they are all of their time.

It'll actually be weird to have a sequel that is completely thematically consistent with any of the earlier ones!
Ghostbusters indeed works best when it sticks with it's own balanced formula for storytelling (which is basically comedy); overdoing it by making it 'too dark' is not good at all.
Sav C, robbritton liked this

I gotta quote this again just because I had some beer and Cheez-its and gave it a little more thought...and wanted to go with the original quote.

I work in the entertainment industry as a video technician. I say that because I'm very well exposed to the industry. Whoever leaked those photos most likely just shot themselves in the foot.

Sure there is the chance that it was some passerby that got lucky, but I highly doubt it. Anyone that can just walk onto an active set has to sign a NDA....crew and extras alike.

To play devil's advocate a bit here, due to my knowledge of the industry and the timing of the leak, I'm guessing it was a crew member that got laid off from whatever company hired them to be there. Why hold onto your candid photo on set of Bill Murray in a flight suit if you just got screwed by your job because of a virus?

If I'm totally wrong, they shot themselves in the foot....big time.

Full disclosure, I refuse to look at the photos.
Dr.D liked this
Now this is weird: the official trailer appears to be unavailable now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR-WxNVLZhQ
timeware wrote: July 27th, 2021, 6:12 pm
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 6:01 pm Now this is weird: the official trailer appears to be unavailable now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR-WxNVLZhQ
Did we...Did we crash the trailer?
timeware be honest? Did you refresh it to death?
timeware, Sav C, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]