Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I’m with Hairy Biker on this one. I believe the part of the suit that bleeds into the window frame is the back/side of Phoebe’s right shoulder. I think her torso is facing Logan’s character, and that’s her left hand resting on the seat. It’s as if she was facing Logan and there was a noise or someone started talking to them and she turned just enough to face that direction.

Edit: Jason’s caption said “Ghost sighting,” so I’m assuming that’s what has their attention.

Also, if Phoebe is on the passenger side behind the front bench seat, then that puts her on or just next to the gunner seat, which would explain why she’d be contorted since the gunner seat faces the rear while it’s inside the car.
Hairy Biker liked this
Michael Scott wrote: January 18th, 2021, 6:40 pm I’m with Hairy Biker on this one. I believe the part of the suit that bleeds into the window frame is the back/side of Phoebe’s right shoulder. I think her torso is facing Logan’s character, and that’s her left hand resting on the seat. It’s as if she was facing Logan and there was a noise or someone started talking to them and she turned just enough to face that direction.

Edit: Jason’s caption said “Ghost sighting,” so I’m assuming that’s what has their attention.

Also, if Phoebe is on the passenger side behind the front bench seat, then that puts her on or just next to the gunner seat, which would explain why she’d be contorted since the gunner seat faces the rear while it’s inside the car.
Wasn't she wearing her regular gray overalls during the Muncher chase scene?
pizzarat wrote: January 18th, 2021, 9:01 pm
Michael Scott wrote: January 18th, 2021, 6:40 pm I’m with Hairy Biker on this one. I believe the part of the suit that bleeds into the window frame is the back/side of Phoebe’s right shoulder. I think her torso is facing Logan’s character, and that’s her left hand resting on the seat. It’s as if she was facing Logan and there was a noise or someone started talking to them and she turned just enough to face that direction.

Wasn't she wearing her regular gray overalls during the Muncher chase scene?
I feel like Muncher is the first bust and I feel this photo comes from later in the story after they've discovered more information.
SpaceBallz liked this
I think they try to contact the OGs and didn't get a response so they try taking matters into their owns hands, the BLAM: the OGs show up in 3rd act when the kids are in trouble and reclaim their suits for the big battle.
SpaceBallz wrote: January 18th, 2021, 9:24 pm I think they try to contact the OGs and didn't get a response so they try taking matters into their owns hands, the BLAM: the OGs show up in 3rd act when the kids are in trouble and reclaim their suits for the big battle.
Maybe this is how Janine appears in the film, the kids use her as a conduit to contact the remaining three OGBs. Dana is still a really interesting wild card. Does she come with Venkman because of her personal knowledge/experience, or was there a good deal on plane tickets to OK?
deadderek, Corey91 liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: January 18th, 2021, 9:24 pm I think they try to contact the OGs and didn't get a response so they try taking matters into their owns hands, the BLAM: the OGs show up in 3rd act when the kids are in trouble and reclaim their suits for the big battle.
Hi kids, we are finally here! Sorry for the delay, can't trust a fart nowadays. Anyways, wow! That's at least a level 8 hovering over there. Nasty temper on that one.
Don't you worry, champs. We'll take it from here.
Could you like strip out of your clothes so we can put hem on? It's important.
Last edited by Alphagaia on January 19th, 2021, 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I can’t wait to see the finished film & laugh at how incredibly off all these predictions are.

Or cry at how incredibly accurate they are(please don’t let them be accurate).

Just think: this time next year we’ll either be rewatching this movie @ home over & over again, endlessly complaining about how Jason screwed up OR still waiting for that 2nd trailer & wondering if the June 2022 release date will hold.
RichardLess wrote: January 19th, 2021, 12:19 am I can’t wait to see the finished film & laugh at how incredibly off all these predictions are.

Or cry at how incredibly accurate they are(please don’t let them be accurate).
When ATC came out I went back and looked through to see predictions that came true...that was fun. Can't wait to do it for Afterlife.
groschopf wrote: January 18th, 2021, 2:28 pm Wait, wait, wait...

... is the door open?

Did they Photoshop this image because that's someone else's arm resting on the front seat as they're opening the passenger side door? Maybe Celeste O'Connor?

And if it is, what -- or who -- are they all looking at? Because I had previously presumed it would have been her if she wasn't already in the car.

(I placed the red lines just to compare the window lines to see if they're parallel)
Okay if you look real carefully at Logan Kim you can see that he has his arms crossed on the seat and you can see bit of his no ghost logo patch. That is definitely Phoebe’s left hand. There has been some interesting photoshop done here, but I don’t think that hand belongs to anyone else. I know that you can see Trevor’s patch, at first I thought they tried to cover it with photoshop, but I think the widow is just dirty LOL! :):):)
timeware wrote: January 18th, 2021, 9:55 pm I dont know. I don't see them taking the suits from the kids. I'm betting they look at the old uniforms, say "is that what we were wearing?" then come up with something new.
...That doesn't seem to bear fruit seeing as there's a photo of Bill wearing a suit. And Ernie talks (vaguely) about them suiting up again.

I don't see them designing something new.

I think all of the kids are wearing Egon's spare suits, and when Peter, Ray and Winston (reportedly) suit up, they're all wearing their originals.

Though, there's something really poignant about seeing Ray, Peter and Winston wearing suits with Egon's surname clearly visible on them.
deadderek wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:02 pm Wouldn't be our first encounter with a bad photoshop:

Put an old guy out of his misery, what's the bad photoshopping in this photo?
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 19th, 2021, 1:50 am
timeware wrote: January 18th, 2021, 9:55 pm I dont know. I don't see them taking the suits from the kids. I'm betting they look at the old uniforms, say "is that what we were wearing?" then come up with something new.
...That doesn't seem to bear fruit seeing as there's a photo of Bill wearing a suit. And Ernie talks (vaguely) about them suiting up again.

I don't see them designing something new.

I think all of the kids are wearing Egon's spare suits, and when Peter, Ray and Winston (reportedly) suit up, they're all wearing their originals.

Though, there's something really poignant about seeing Ray, Peter and Winston wearing suits with Egon's surname clearly visible on them.
deadderek wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:02 pm Wouldn't be our first encounter with a bad photoshop:

Put an old guy out of his misery, what's the bad photoshopping in this photo?
Phoebe face pasted over her stunt double.
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 19th, 2021, 2:01 am
Davideverona wrote: January 19th, 2021, 1:57 am Phoebe face pasted over her stunt double.
Aha, I see.

To be honest, I've seen worse.
It's probably not even a shop. The hard shadow on her face makes it look like her face is pasted on, but that's just because of the lighting.

Same thing happens with her arm.

Stunt doubles aren't usually used in full frontal shots, and these shots can be achieved with enough safety (like slower speeds) so the main actor can be used as that's a lot cheaper instead of doing a face swap.
I can say with a high degree of confidence that the passenger door is open in that shot. The angle of the window line is all wrong, implying that the left side is coming toward the camera. If the door is open when the rest of them are seated, that follows that someone may holding it open. Maybe that's a faulty premise I'm tossing out, but it'd be weird to have everyone seated in the car ready to go with the passenger door ajar.

I think we're seeing Grace lean over Kim's shoulder, and the zipper we see is that of a left-side chest pocket diagonal zip on the fourth person -- someone crouching slightly to get a view unobstructed by the ajar door, hence the elbow not being visible.

I've done this kind of Photoshopping for work before when time was tight -- removing just enough of a person or object so the viewer isn't distracted or the brain is primed to assign that portion to something else. Makes me wonder if Jason Reitman's cryptic post yesterday about a "ghost sighting" refers to the disembodied arm I'm seeing, or a cartoon Mooglie that could appear in the print version of the article (although all things being equal, probably the latter).

I've said my piece and I'll stop litigating it before people roll their eyes so hard they have to see an optometrist. We'll see further down the road if I'm right or my seeing things as the result of apophenia.

(dooooo bow bow -- chick -- chicka chickahhh)
Hey Grop, I absolutely don't mind your input, because it's fun to talk with other designers about this stuff.

Seeing as the hand is from a kid, and we know the only other GB to have a darker skin tone, I still think that's Phoebe's hand. I do agree the door is open, though. Phoebe might be leaning forward to close it.

Seeing as they all focussed on something outside of the garage, I'm guessing that's where the ghost is, and they are reacting to it. The weird round contraption Phoebe is holding with her hand, probably has some significance as well.

We did kinda moved on to another picture, though. The one where Phoebe is sitting in the Gunners Seat. Have some insights on that one as well? People think Phoebe's head is 'shopped onto a Stunt Double, but me and Chicken disagree. What do you think?
pizzarat wrote: January 18th, 2021, 10:48 pm
Maybe this is how Janine appears in the film, the kids use her as a conduit to contact the remaining three OGBs. Dana is still a really interesting wild card. Does she come with Venkman because of her personal knowledge/experience, or was there a good deal on plane tickets to OK?
Dana isn't the wild card. Despite his age in real life, Paul Rudd is Oscar. (Completely unsubstantiated bet) That's why he's only listed as Mr Grooberson, (no first name) Just like That one dude is listed as Elton.

We never learned his dad's last name & just assume he goes by Oscar Barrett. If I'd been kidnapped by a possessed dude dressed by a Nanny from the Upper West Side working for a Dead Carpathian & had to be saved by a bunch of bumbling parapsychologists who borrowed a national monument - I'd change my name to avoid publicity too.

Ofcourse, I've been wrong before though.
groschopf wrote: January 19th, 2021, 8:32 amThe angle of the window line is all wrong
I've no knowledge on '59 Cadillac door assemblies beyond the various adventures Sean Bishop has had, but it could just be the mechanism to raise/lower the glass has got a bit wonky. Here's a different shot, I assume of the same Wrecto prop:

It would feel a little hackneyed for Grooberson to be Oscar... What are the chances of the adoptive son of Peter Venkman and Dr. Spengler both happening to end up living in Shandorville, Oklahoma?
Alphagaia liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 19th, 2021, 10:57 am
groschopf wrote: January 19th, 2021, 8:32 amThe angle of the window line is all wrong
I've no knowledge on '59 Cadillac door assemblies beyond the various adventures Sean Bishop has had, but it could just be the mechanism to raise/lower the glass has got a bit wonky. Here's a different shot, I assume of the same Wrecto prop:

This is probably also proof the shot from the front is the real deal. Lights are directed to the same angle.
Also, whose legs are that in the background? Is that Kim laying over a seat with his face down or a crew member?
Alphagaia wrote: January 19th, 2021, 11:02 am Also, whose legs are that in the background? Is that Kim laying over a seat with his face down or a crew member?
Logan's. The person is too small to be an adult.

The shirt and shoes are also a match:

Alphagaia liked this
I'm still most drawn to the rumour Grooberson might be a Shandor cultist who takes on the Keymaster role as he attempts to re-summon Gozer(?).

Of course we know so little about the movie this could be way off, but there are already a ton of characters to juggle and this way he could do a lot of exposition work as playing both a parental figure, and then a minor antagonist. This would link back to the OG movie and re-establish the lore.

Always nice to be surprised, but I would not be disappointed if this turned out to be real.
I'm not convinced by the Grooberson-Shandor theory. If he's attempting to re-summon Gozer, why would he be losing time investigating the earthquakes?

I think he represents us, the fans. A super geekyly obsessed fan of the Ghostbusters. He knows all the details of their adventures, he knows what they were using to do their busting (only on a superficial level, he doesn't know all the technical aspects of the equipment), so when disaster strikes he's super excited to help the kids find their way in the ghost busting world. Obviously he'll freak out when he'll discover that the family is a whole bunch of Spenglers.
BatDan, Alphagaia, deadderek and 2 others liked this
Or they'll go the other route and do an Amazing Spider-man where Electro idolized the wall crawler and turned into the villain. I can see either plot line playing out. Honestly i'd rather see him end up getting involved with Carrie Coons. Seeing them suited up together to bail out the kids would be awesome.
The concept of a villain being a thinly veiled Ghostbusters fan was alluded to by Red Letter Media when they reviewed the 2016 film. It'd be kinda lazy but also obvious since most franchise films cling to the lore and establishing characters related to the original material.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]