Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Davideverona wrote: October 8th, 2020, 2:01 pm There is also the fact that they just started shooting the movie. Universal must've taken into account a slow down of the shooting if someone cast or crew members have to isolate themselves if they get Covid.
They only have 3 weeks of shooting left. The delay of the film release has nothing do do with the positive test a couple of days ago(which when tested the next day, were negative) just has to do with the crazy amount of 2020 films being pushed to 2021. Jurassic World basically had the summer to itself in its previous release slot.
Alphagaia, Wafflerobot liked this
Three weeks is a very long time in terms of filming. When the show I work on was shut down and we had only four days of filming left. It creates a butterfly effect sometimes and can really mess things up. My guess is Universal wants ample time to finish filming and let competition run its course.
devilmanozzy wrote: October 8th, 2020, 1:28 pmExpect another delay by Christmas 2020. Likely moving the film to Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
This is more pessimistic than I'd guess, given Afterlife is theoretically completed.

If I were a betting man, maybe a straightforward one year delay overall, opening July 9th, 2021? I could also see as early as May, depending on how things go, virus-wise.
Sav C wrote: October 7th, 2020, 3:31 pm I don't foresee Afterlife going to VOD, although given the way things are going, it might go VOD in the States but get a theatrical release in foreign markets. I dunno. I definitely dunno.
I agree. America seems to be the only country thats seems to not have Covid under control.

Here in Australia my state went from 2000+ cases a day down to 10 or less a day in a month. Most of our cinemas are open, although with social distancing and alike. Bill and Ted 3 saw a theatrical release here and won't see physical copy or streaming until December.

Sony would have to be looking at the world wide situation and figuring out the release. I honestly believe I could see it in cinemas come March 5th.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Sadly Trump & his administration have not been helpful at all to the American people. They've made Covid a political matter when it absolutely isn't. It's public health. Simple as that. *sigh*

On an Afterlife related note, that Twitter account that was caught lying and making shit up....deleted their account.

Meanwhile on Instagram:
ECTO from GB:AFL was spotted yesterday!!!

Sav C, zeta otaku, mrmichaelt and 7 others liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: October 8th, 2020, 9:46 pm
Sav C wrote: October 7th, 2020, 3:31 pm I don't foresee Afterlife going to VOD, although given the way things are going, it might go VOD in the States but get a theatrical release in foreign markets. I dunno. I definitely dunno.
I agree. America seems to be the only country thats seems to not have Covid under control.

Here in Australia my state went from 2000+ cases a day down to 10 or less a day in a month. Most of our cinemas are open, although with social distancing and alike. Bill and Ted 3 saw a theatrical release here and won't see physical copy or streaming until December.

Sony would have to be looking at the world wide situation and figuring out the release. I honestly believe I could see it in cinemas come March 5th.
Tell that to the leaders in France, Spain and UK to name a few which are seeing another rise.
While I'm hopeful your optimism is accurate, I have a feeling we're gonna end up waiting a while longer.
Hairy Biker wrote: October 8th, 2020, 9:46 pm Sony would have to be looking at the world wide situation and figuring out the release. I honestly believe I could see it in cinemas come March 5th.
I am curious that now that Jurassic World: Dominion has left the June 11, 2021 for June 10, 2022, could Sony move Afterlife to June 11, 2021 and make thing out of the week of Ghostbusters Day. Hold a virtual event on Wednesday June 8 to celebrate/hype, some kind of red carpet at an IMAX screening on June 9/10, main theatrical release on June 11, that sort of thing. Though Sony does have a CG animated movie Vivo for June 4 and the Venom sequel is June 25 currently.
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 11th, 2020, 3:14 am
Hairy Biker wrote: October 8th, 2020, 9:46 pm Sony would have to be looking at the world wide situation and figuring out the release. I honestly believe I could see it in cinemas come March 5th.
I am curious that now that Jurassic World: Dominion has left the June 11, 2021 for June 10, 2022, could Sony move Afterlife to June 11, 2021 and make thing out of the week of Ghostbusters Day. Hold a virtual event on Wednesday June 8 to celebrate/hype, some kind of red carpet at an IMAX screening on June 9/10, main theatrical release on June 11, that sort of thing. Though Sony does have a CG animated movie Vivo for June 4 and the Venom sequel is June 25 currently.
So I’m thinking that this is what’s going to end up happening. In fact I’m surprised Sony hasn’t jumped on the chance already. March is looking less viable with each passing day. And that’s a prime summer spot that will be swallowed up asap(not to mention the GB anniversary aspect of the date). My advice to Sony, if they are adamant on moving the release date, is to delay until Jan-March 2022. Why so long? I’ve always felt this movie needed every advantage it can get to succeed and while Ghostbusters has been a summer movie franchise in the past, both GB2 and GB16 show what can happen when your movie gets lost in the summer season of superheroes. The best way for this movie to succeed will probably be word of mouth. I don’t see it having a giant 80-100 million opening(unless the hype hits unprecedented levels). Word of mouth works best when a release calendar isn’t full of massive movies competing for that viewer attention.

I’m about 70% sure March just isn’t going to happen. What would Sony need to see before sticking with the date? The announcement of a vaccine, another movie doing good theatrical business and...whatever happens on Nov 3rd.
devilmanozzy liked this
If it delays to 2022 I'm breaking into the Sony lot and pulling some Oceans 11 shit.
droidguy1119 wrote: October 8th, 2020, 3:52 pm
devilmanozzy wrote: October 8th, 2020, 1:28 pmExpect another delay by Christmas 2020. Likely moving the film to Fall 2021 or Spring 2022.
This is more pessimistic than I'd guess, given Afterlife is theoretically completed.

If I were a betting man, maybe a straightforward one year delay overall, opening July 9th, 2021? I could also see as early as May, depending on how things go, virus-wise.
I think I said this in the past, but pretty much even if the pandemic itself ends next spring, it will be pretty pointless to release the film as a lot of theater goers are simply not going to films and have got out of routine. The first films out of stall will have to be cheaper films. Big budget films and tent pole releases have to have enough support to be released. One good thing about Ghostbusters: Afterlife is it can afford to wait. Waiting another year and the film being a success is a far better outcome than it getting a limited release in the next six months and not making back its expenses. I think at the end of the day, we can at least all agree we want this film to be a success, right? I really don't want Ghostbusters to go back into the dark ages (90's/2000's) again.
deadderek wrote: October 11th, 2020, 11:39 am If it delays to 2022 I'm breaking into the Sony lot and pulling some Oceans 11 shit.
Ghostbusters: Afterlife is hardly going to be the only ones delayed. We're in uncharted territory here. Also, I'm not really in the know about Oceans Eleven, but it looks to had done okay when it was released. So what do you mean?
It seems like the real gut punch of delaying a movie is if it's about to come out in theaters and already spent a lot on marketing. Like at one point, they were predicting a delay for 007 is costing another $30-50 million plus they lose $300 million in box office numbers. Or a smaller film like the Quiet Place sequel has its total costs nearly double from $17 to 30 million.

So it becomes really improbable to make a new marketing plan during covid which could account for why Afterlife isn't doing much official promotion. I'd bet those ones with just bts filming bits cost way less. Or Jason doing a recording for Pulse Con was cost effective but still kept Afterlife on people's minds.

Then on the flip side, does a studio want to put their big tentpole movie into a theater too soon and light a $100 million or higher dumpster fire? Of course not.

It's crazy but it's a lose-lose slightly less situation. And the clear choice is "lose slightly less".

Delaying Afterlife to March 2022 would be like putting a noose around its neck because it would have to compete against The Batman. So I speculated June 2021, because that looks like the better choice right now. Emphasis on right now.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
I highly doubt they will delay Afterlife a whole year AGAIN into 2022! That makes no sense in the slightest. While i doubt we will make the March 5th release date The latest i see it coming out is October 2021! Cash in on halloween! Unless the pandemic just wont let up all next year same as this year, i highly doubt sony delaying until 2022!

October is the latest, (Maybe the holidays) but anything beyond that its better to cut your losses at that point and just put it digital!

They cant sit on this thing forever! they will sooner or later want to make some money from it!
I’m doing some research and I came across an odd, extremely old book. “Prophecies & Visions” written by a 16th century mystic named Dorio Tos.

There’s a section I thought you all might find rather interesting:

“And in the year 2016 the fan base shall be torn asunder by those who claim to be righteous. The great civil war will lead to many dislikes, downvotes & bans. Yet the fanbase shall not despair. Lo the franchise shall be made whole again by thy seed of the Great Director. The Chosen one. The heralding of The chosen one will begin with the words of his father. And the herald shall be a test of faith. He will declare his fathers creation “full of crap”. Many trials and tribulations shall follow. But in the 1st month of the last year in the decade, a sign of things to come shall be forged in the City of Angels. It will falsely declare “Coming Summer 2020”. The fans will rejoice and be made whole again. For the chosen one has realized his destiny. So it shall be. As it is written. And if it is written, it must be done”.
Dr.D liked this
Dr.D wrote: October 12th, 2020, 9:09 am Well...I'm convinced.
I'm afraid that's the best we can hope for, short of finding a copy of The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
Davideverona wrote: October 12th, 2020, 2:00 pm And I'd like an HD caption of they're seeing on the screen.
It appears to be a still shot of Phoebe looking at something.

Phoebe looking at something confirmed!
Alphagaia, groschopf, deadderek and 1 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: October 12th, 2020, 2:47 pm What's that M and S doing on screen?
It's a watermark, the contrast is such and the image so small that the rest of the word has been rendered nearly invisible. Unfinished footage will often have a watermark, firstly to make it unusable if leaked, and also potentially to identify the source of the leak.
I think they're scoring a new trailer, the film has been in the can for awhile and that's not a full orchestra.
deadderek, Sav C liked this

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]