Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Davideverona wrote:I would be inclined to believe the Egon's ghost fact.

But when it comes to HOW they'll do it I have no idea.

Will he be the driving force behind all the movie? (giving the kids some hints, helping from the great beyond etc).

Will he be the motivational spring for all those involved?

He's resting in peace and he's only cited by name by his friends?
I realize trailers can be misleading, but the scene where Phoebe is using a PKE and walking to that shack makes me think Egon's ghost is leading her to something (perhaps the underground lab).
JonXCTrack wrote: March 10th, 2021, 9:42 am
Davideverona wrote:I would be inclined to believe the Egon's ghost fact.

But when it comes to HOW they'll do it I have no idea.

Will he be the driving force behind all the movie? (giving the kids some hints, helping from the great beyond etc).

Will he be the motivational spring for all those involved?

He's resting in peace and he's only cited by name by his friends?
I realize trailers can be misleading, but the scene where Phoebe is using a PKE and walking to that shack makes me think Egon's ghost is leading her to something (perhaps the underground lab).

Well I am definitely of the the mind of believing the Egon’s Ghost thing. Especially him guiding the PKE that she’s holding. Not because of any 4 Chan leak, but because of just how much emotion is in this movie.

Dan Aykroyd said in an interview once that the film will invoke emotions of thinking about loved ones you would love to see again. Jason Reitman stated that the overall theme of the film is forgiveness. I guess we will see if the OGs are as estranged from each other as Callie was from her father. The story seems good enough to get Bill Murray’s involvement. Ivan Reitman recently saw the movie and was moved to tears. Very likely because not only is he seeing his own son taking the property and doing something beautiful with it, but because it does manage to pay tribute to a beloved member of the original cast and friend that is no longer around.

Sounds to me like a perfect storm to me. Probably similar to the perfect storm of events that made Ghostbusters such a phenomenon in the first place. The right kind of movie for the right kind of time. Given what we know about ghosts in the world of Ghostbusters, ghosts are usually trapped in the vail between the living and spirit world because they have unfinished business. I get a strong feeling that by the end of the film we will see Egon’s Ghost completing his unfinished business and disperse peacefully into the AFTERLIFE. :):):)
pizzarat, deadderek, Corey91 liked this
janeb984 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 8:03 am How much validity do you guys REALLY give the leaked plots?
Not even an iota. Until the movie comes out, I assume they're all pulling their plot leaks out of their asses.
Kingpin wrote: March 10th, 2021, 11:48 am
janeb984 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 8:03 am How much validity do you guys REALLY give the leaked plots?
Not even an iota. Until the movie comes out, I assume they're all pulling their plot leaks out of their asses.
This morning I made a real nasty Winston/Janine marriage. Luckily I'm in isolation from my positive wife and daughter or they shoud have run out of the room.
Bison256 wrote: March 10th, 2021, 4:01 pmOut right stating it and having a cgi Harold Ramis in the movie.
I think it'd work if they save a CG Harold for his final scene... Something like Sam's last moments with Molly at the end of Ghost. He doesn't speak, but he gives a nod and a fond smile to his family and friends before passing on.

In the moments prior to that, he's depicted more as a vaguely humanoid mist/shadow sort of manifestation.
The true slam-dunk would be some kind of moment that does both comedy and sentimentality. Like... don't just give us CGI Harold...think Ghostbusters. Give us something kinda goofy but still gonna bring a tear to our eye. Maybe somehow he speaks to us through another character or through symbols. Something to make his presence definite but not necessarily physical.
Davideverona wrote: March 10th, 2021, 12:23 pm This morning I made a real nasty Winston/Janine marriage. Luckily I'm in isolation from my positive wife and daughter or they shoud have run out of the room.
Kingpin wrote: March 10th, 2021, 5:58 pm I think it'd work if they save a CG Harold for his final scene... Something like Sam's last moments with Molly at the end of Ghost. He doesn't speak, but he gives a nod and a fond smile to his family and friends before passing on.

In the moments prior to that, he's depicted more as a vaguely humanoid mist/shadow sort of manifestation.
That's got my vote.
Kingpin, Davideverona, groschopf and 1 others liked this
A supermarket in the UK sold the key lime Twinkies, and I think a discount store sold packs of popping candy, and bags of Stay Puft marshmallows.

Forbidden Planet stocked some of the figures (though I believe Holtzmann was usually sold out), The Ecto-1/Ecto-2 set from Hotwheels, the LEGO set, and the Ghosts From Our Past tie-in book.
Alphagaia, robbritton liked this
I honestly think Merch is a big reason Afterlife exists.

I once did some digging and even ATC gave them lots of 'easy' merch/ royalties money which is often overlooked. Highlights being a German GB themepark ride (complete with hotel and a floor of GB rooms) and that VR thing from the VOID.

I kinda want a new themepark ride and a sequel to the VR game/tour to happen again, but seeing how there is a pandemic and Disney bought The Void...

At least there was that walkthrough ghosthouse thing that looked awesome. Basically I want more things to enjoy with my kid. :-)
devilmanozzy liked this
Alphagaia wrote: March 11th, 2021, 9:05 pm I honestly think Merch is a big reason Afterlife exists.

I once did some digging and even ATC gave them lots of 'easy' merch/ royalties money which is often overlooked. Highlights being a German GB themepark ride (complete with hotel and a floor of GB rooms) and that VR thing from the VOID.
Afterlife was made because of...merchandise?

ATC merchandise sat on shelves collecting dust and hit clearance racks. Even our much beloved Ecto Cooler eventually was being sold for 33 cents a can at Big Lots.
You'd be surprised how much a franchise movie can make besides BO.

Before a toy or poster or whatever is even made whoever makes it has to pay royalties to create them. It's always better if for instance a toys sells well, ofcourse, as the creator wants to create more and owners of the IP share in the profit as well.

Same goes for all the other stuff GhostCorps places it's logo on. They cannot lose as they will get their paycheck regardless. It's more money if it sells well, ofcourse!

The Void have made them a lot of dollars and the Themepark Rides are licensed deals for multiple years as well, with yearly revenue and percentages on ticketsales. Even if it sits still, they need to pay certain amounts yearly according to contract.

Merchandise and royalties go way beyond just toys, especially nowadays. It's marketing that pays itself back instantly and most of the time other investors don't get a paycheck from that (unless you are George Lucas).
ATC bombed hard and was a complete financial disaster. Nothing will ever change that.
Yes merchandise is a big deal, but ATC turned off the masses and badly damaged the brand.
Davideverona liked this
We waited a while for the Void to finally open at the Mall of America. That thing was under construction forever, complete with teaser imagery of the Ghostbusters experience on the barricade graphics outside. When it finally DID open close to two years ago... no Ghostbusters experience. Plenty of Disney content -- Star Wars, Wreck It Ralph, Marvel -- but no Ghostbusters.

I kept coming back over and and over and asking staff when we could expect it. Someone finally told me that they weren't likely to bring it to our location because it was an early version of their product. It was a shorter experience than the others. Too short, I was told. As it was, the Nicodemus haunted World's Fair one we tried was cool, but very brief (especially for how much it cost).

I can't be sure if that employee was right, but I won't hold my breath about it getting retooled after Afterlife. The Void's website no longer works and Disney abandoned their business partner.
Man that's sad. I heard nothing but good things from The Void and the GB; Experience. Kinda hoped we would get one in Amsterdam as well, even if it's Star Wars or something.

Corona must have done a number on them.

How awesome would driving the Wrecto-1 and using the Gunners Seat be?
groschopf liked this
Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?