Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
robbritton wrote: June 19th, 2021, 12:37 pm
Kingpin wrote: June 19th, 2021, 5:47 am

Personally, I wouldn't want Ghostbusters anywhere near that garbage franchise.
Oh come on, they're doing great things for the damaged self-image of bald dudes everywhere!
As a bald dude, can confirm.
robbritton liked this
deadderek wrote: June 19th, 2021, 2:39 pm
robbritton wrote: June 19th, 2021, 12:37 pm

Oh come on, they're doing great things for the damaged self-image of bald dudes everywhere!
As a bald dude, can confirm.
Solidarity, man!
deadderek liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote: June 19th, 2021, 11:00 am No matter what feelings you have about the Fast movies, they get butts in seats.
Butts in seats is not an indicator of quality. The Twilight films likely had a strong attendance. :P
deadderek, groschopf, Sav C liked this
timeware wrote: June 19th, 2021, 3:52 pm I just saw Vin Diesel was selected to Play Oscar in Afterlife. Oscar confirmed. No, really it's on Ghost Corps!
(Not at all just a jest.)
Pauly Shore as the "my dad says you guys are full of crap" kid.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 19th, 2021, 5:28 pm It's comforting to know we all ended up a having the same opinion about on the Fast franchise. :D
Tokyo Drift was alright. I felt there was heavy inspiration from Initial D or maybe Tokyo Drift took heavy inspration from Initial D. Either way i'd like to see an Americanized verson of that anime without the furious cast involved.
I know its still somewhat early, I just get the feeling that this movie will get lost in the mix with everything else that is coming out. I expect the story and content to be amazing, but there are too many movies in the can waiting to be released...I hope the marketing and advertising gets ramped up quite a bit, especially in October. Like I said, I don´t think this will be a huge blockbuster hit at the box office (I hope it does), but will do a slightly above average job that makes a profit and will keep the Ghostbusters projects in the future to keep going.
mrmichaelt wrote: June 19th, 2021, 5:28 pm It's comforting to know we all ended up a having the same opinion about on the Fast franchise. :D
Unfortunately, F&F is up there with Ghostbusters as one of the franchise films I'm most excited for in 2021! I have tickets for a Friday show...fingers crossed I get a new trailer.
Alphagaia, robbritton liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: June 21st, 2021, 2:12 pm Looks like Jurassic World is the big trailer attached to Fast&Furious.
[movie trailer voiceover guy] "Jurassic World III: the dinosaurs get out again... again... again... again again.

Wait — let me try that again! *ahem*

Jurassic World III: because there were so many unanswered questions from the previous five films."

Seriously, I didn't even realize that there had already been a sequel to Jurassic World. And I say that as someone that loved the original film and the Crichton novels.
BatDan, deadderek liked this
groschopf wrote:
Hairy Biker wrote: June 21st, 2021, 2:12 pm Looks like Jurassic World is the big trailer attached to Fast&Furious.
[movie trailer voiceover guy] "Jurassic World III: the dinosaurs get out again... again... again... again again.

Wait — let me try that again! *ahem*

Jurassic World III: because there were so many unanswered questions from the previous five films."

Seriously, I didn't even realize that there had already been a sequel to Jurassic World. And I say that as someone that loved the original film and the Crichton novels.
The Lost World novel was actually pretty good, I thought. But the film deviated so much from the source material, and the film suffered as a result, in my opinion.

Jurassic Park III was even worse because there was no novel to base it upon. The script was so bad, that they had to rewrite it while they were shooting the movie just to try and salvage something. It showed.

Jurassic World was an interesting idea - what if the park actually worked as intended and people came to think of seeing a T-Rex as the equivalent of seeing an elephant? But of course that isn't interesting enough on its own. You need a "bad guy" dinosaur. The idea of splicing together different types of animal DNA to create a dinosaur was actually something that was explored in the original novel and film. Scientists couldn't create an 100% clone of a dinosaur, so they had to add in frog DNA to fill in the gaps. Frogs in the wild can change their sex so that their species can procreate and survive, which is why the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park, which were supposed to be all female, were able to change their sex and procreate. Jurassic World took this concepts too far. Now they were able to create a Frankenstein's monster, combining raptors with tyrannosaurus rex DNA, as well as various other carnivores.

Jurassic World II just doubled down on the DNA splicing. The only part of Jurassic World II that felt like a Jurassic Park movie was the first 5 minutes when a helicopter lands on the island in a thunderstorm and gets attacked by the T-Rex. The rest of it felt more like a Resident Evil story.

I gather that Jurassic World III is about dinosaurs living all over the globe and threatening mankind's existence. I can get behind that, as it was a concept explored in the original novel, with reports of dinosaurs showing up on the mainland. There was one scene were a small carnivore came in through a window and a mother goes into her baby's room to discover her baby being eaten by the small carnivore. Unfortunately, this idea comes on the heels of absurd film after absurd film.
deadderek liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: June 21st, 2021, 3:21 pm Jurassic World II just doubled down on the DNA splicing. The only part of Jurassic World II that felt like a Jurassic Park movie was the first 5 minutes when a helicopter lands on the island in a thunderstorm and gets attacked by the T-Rex. The rest of it felt more like a Resident Evil story.
Ahem, don't you mean a Dino Crisis story?
Alphagaia liked this
Bison256 wrote: June 21st, 2021, 8:43 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: June 21st, 2021, 3:21 pm Jurassic World II just doubled down on the DNA splicing. The only part of Jurassic World II that felt like a Jurassic Park movie was the first 5 minutes when a helicopter lands on the island in a thunderstorm and gets attacked by the T-Rex. The rest of it felt more like a Resident Evil story.
Ahem, don't you mean a Dino Crisis story?
Now I want a movie about zombie dinosaurs...
Shit, look likes Dino Crisis has been in about as long of a developmental hell as Duke Nukem was. But yeah kind of surprised that Capcom never sold the movie rights to Scy Fy channel. I don't think it would be given a huge budget like resident evil. Universal would more then likely sue if it gained Jurassic Park popularity.
RichRyan1507 wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 11:43 am I just checked on this thread after quite a few months. You guys haven't had much to talk about haha.
Nope. As much as i want a spoiler trickled in, im glad were still in the dark.

As much as im a tad annoyed i havent even seen as much as a pixelated speck of an OG on set

…I kinda like that “annoyed” anticipation and wanting more. Keeps me coming back.

However, the mini puft scene gave me a good idea of the tone and settled worry on that regard.
RichRyan1507, Kingpin liked this
Michael Scott wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 2:28 pm The picture of Ecto-1 next to the house at night is making the social media rounds today from the Ghostbusters accounts, with the crew member on the car shopped out.
I feel special, I was the 1 who pointed it out 1st to Ghost Corps. :P
BatDan, groschopf, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
deadderek wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 2:43 pm
Michael Scott wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 2:28 pm The picture of Ecto-1 next to the house at night is making the social media rounds today from the Ghostbusters accounts, with the crew member on the car shopped out.
I feel SUPER special since I spotted that unidentified crew member and posted about it here in the first place OMGWENEEDNEWTHINGSTOTALKABOUT

November can't arrive soon enough. It kills me that IDW isn't currently printing any Ghostbusters content since they were the main source of new stories over the last decade.
deadderek, Coover5, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
groschopf wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 3:06 pm
deadderek wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 2:43 pm

I feel SUPER special since I spotted that unidentified crew member and posted about it here in the first place OMGWENEEDNEWTHINGSTOTALKABOUT

November can't arrive soon enough. It kills me that IDW isn't currently printing any Ghostbusters content since they were the main source of new stories over the last decade.
And I feel SUPER DUPER EXTRA SPECIAL because my messages predate that posting. :D

You're right in that there's nothing to talk about though.
groschopf liked this

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]