Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Davideverona wrote: July 20th, 2021, 6:09 am
Bison256 wrote: July 20th, 2021, 4:29 am
Hmmm, why bother taking them down again. Those figures were revealed at a toy fair last year.
Sony pushing forward the release date again?
Having worked enough retail, it's probably just a situation of the pics were accidentally put up early. No need to get all conspiracy theory on it.
deadderek wrote: July 20th, 2021, 6:13 am
Davideverona wrote: July 20th, 2021, 6:09 am

Sony pushing forward the release date again?
Having worked enough retail, it's probably just a situation of the pics were accidentally put up early. No need to get all conspiracy theory on it.
Yeah, they probably wanted to test if it all works, show it to the higher-ups and accidentally used the wrong setting which changed it from 'private' to 'active'.
deadderek liked this
Occam's razor says you're probably right (and haven't we seen Wal-mart in particular jump the gun before?).

On the other hand, the release date getting pushed due to virus concerns isn't a conspiracy theory. Stocks slumped on Monday over delta variant concerns. Big business is once again worried about the pandemic. That's probably a market overreaction, but it does tell us a bit about where investors heads are at.
groschopf wrote: July 20th, 2021, 7:05 am
Occam's razor says you're probably right (and haven't we seen Wal-mart in particular jump the gun before?).

On the other hand, the release date getting pushed due to virus concerns isn't a conspiracy theory. Stocks slumped on Monday over delta variant concerns. Big business is once again worried about the pandemic. That's probably a market overreaction, but it does tell us a bit about where investors heads are at.
The stockmarket is jumpier than a wild rabbit.
Davideverona wrote: July 20th, 2021, 8:26 am I'd buy some orange juice stocks.
My kid really wants the G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu Grip.
delta88 wrote: July 20th, 2021, 9:23 am The fact that we aren't seeing product leaks on Ebay and other sources, makes me think that the Aug. 1st date might not be accurate. I really expected to be seeing things by now other than the Walmart.com goof up.
Don't forget the Fright Feature figures did leak over a year ago. There are even a couple reviews on YouTube. Hard to tell if any listings for those are ones leaked last year or if they are new.
Coover5 wrote: July 20th, 2021, 9:40 am
delta88 wrote: July 20th, 2021, 9:23 am The fact that we aren't seeing product leaks on Ebay and other sources, makes me think that the Aug. 1st date might not be accurate. I really expected to be seeing things by now other than the Walmart.com goof up.
Don't forget the Fright Feature figures did leak over a year ago. There are even a couple reviews on YouTube. Hard to tell if any listings for those are ones leaked last year or if they are new.
Yeah, I guess I didn't really mean new product, just the stuff we've already seen that didn't get released. Like we knew the Plasma/classic release dates and things were showing up online a couple of weeks before the actual release. If Aug 1st was the date, I would excepted the same.
groschopf wrote: July 19th, 2021, 8:28 am
mrmichaelt wrote: July 19th, 2021, 7:54 am
Noice. Fits in perfectly with them living in Chicago, based on the shot of the eviction letter, before they move to Summerville.
Wait, wait, wait... I've always wanted to do this.

... your work is more cerebral than I would've thought...
Alphagaia, groschopf, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
groschopf wrote:

Between the Australia lockdowns and LA reinstituting a mask mandate, anything certainly is possible.

Totally off-topic but perhaps one of you folks knows the answer - There's a Ghostbusters trivia quiz on the official instagram page and it asks what the Ghostbusters' room number was at the University. I had no idea so I went to look and I don't see a room number on the door. Anybody know the answer to this question?
Alphagaia liked this
I 3D printed a few mini pufts and painted them. I haven't painted anything in years, but the special model paint I used on the chocolate and gram cracker was spot on.

groschopf, Alphagaia, Coover5 and 1 others liked this
Dr.D wrote: July 20th, 2021, 1:10 pm Why a hot dog? Because its a damn Chicago institution. As a Chicago guy myself, makes me happy as hell to see that t-shirt. Weiner's Circle is one of the best dogs in the city.
I'll be curious to see if it's a Weiner's Circle shirt specifically, or a Vienna Beef hot dog shirt they got in gray.

I had no idea that drawing was Vienna Beef's until slapping that collage together. I knew it first from the Byron's, but I realize more people will recognize it from Weiner's Circle since they keep posting those pithy messages on their sign.
Dr.D liked this
Kingpin's theory is only intensifying in power, and I am here for it.

From an article about Weiner's Circle dressing up for Halloween:

"Bill Murray, the "Ghostbusters" star who sang "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" for the Cubs' seventh-inning stretch in their first World Series game in 71 years Friday at Wrigley Field, was seen in the stands wearing a Goatbusters T-shirt earlier in the playoffs."

Given where Wiener's Circle is in relation to Wrigley Field, I doubt Bill would have missed it. He would have passed it coming up Clark from a hotel downtown on his way to Wrigley.
To get things kinda back on track, I feel like Chicago has always had a weird cosmic connection to Ghostbusters. Murray, Aykroyd, and Ramis all have strong personal ties to the city along with the fact that the video game and comics have firmly established the idea of a "Chicago Office", it's cool to see the new movie is going to, even in a small way, have a few connections to home of Second City.
mrmichaelt, groschopf liked this
Dr.D wrote: July 20th, 2021, 7:03 pm To get things kinda back on track, I feel like Chicago has always had a weird cosmic connection to Ghostbusters. Murray, Aykroyd, and Ramis all have strong personal ties to the city along with the fact that the video game and comics have firmly established the idea of a "Chicago Office", it's cool to see the new movie is going to, even in a small way, have a few connections to home of Second City.
In my mind Egon, Peter and Ray did their undergraduate studies and meet at the university of Chicago.
Dr.D liked this

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]