Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By deadderek
I am effing over the moon at this news. The past 24 hours have been mindblowing.

To be honest I would have expected this big of an announcement to be at Fan Fest. This is insane!
By deadderek
What will be 18 years later I'll have to eat my words I guess. *bends over*

EddieSpenser, Sav C, TK5759 and 2 others liked this
I think you're onto something FoS. Venkman did say that he wasn't going to lose the house. Hopefully We see at leat Ray and Winston still with the company as senior admin with a cameo from Bill as CEO of GBI. I'd take a Maurice LaMarche voiced Ghost Egon
featofstrength liked this
This teaser is exactly the kind of imagery that always popped in my head when I Would think of another Ghostbusters film. The Original Ecto in rough shape under a car cover and the classic score and of course the original Proton Pack Sound effects. That just hit every spot and I can't stop hyperventalilating. :):):)

Okay I have caught my breath. Now that is how you do a teaser. :):):)
Sav C, Kingpin, big_les and 3 others liked this
By big_les
I was just about to pipe up with 'guys, take it easy, look at what happened with the new Crow movie: several different directors and leads signed and quit with zero progress after ten years or more.' Then I saw the teaser and wow, this may really be happening! I am so very excited. It makes my purchase of a complete GB1 outfit (ex pack) for last Halloween feel like an act of faith that's been somehow rewarded :)
deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
I know it is too soon to tell, but I am extremely confident that we are going to see a reunion of the remaining three originals. I mean you can hear someone trying to repair the old proton packs. I am thinking it is Ray. I was wondering with the absence of Egon if it is difficult to maintain the old equipment. My head and heart are so racing right now. I have tears in my eyes. :):):)
Sav C, *NormalGamer*, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By timeware
As it says on Agent Mulders desk I want to believe. The trailer looks very legit. My inner child doesn't know whether to be doing backflips or huddled in a corner crying. Thank God it's not April!
deadderek liked this
By big_les
OK, now that I've wiped the rabid foam from my chin, did anyone else spot that it's Ecto-1 and not the 1A under that sheet? I hope we aren't getting an alternate GB2, because I will defend that movie to anyone.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
big_les wrote: January 16th, 2019, 11:12 am OK, now that I've wiped the rabid foam from my chin, did anyone else spot that it's Ecto-1 and not the 1A under that sheet? I hope we aren't getting an alternate GB2, because I will defend that movie to anyone.
Something I posted in another thread in response to a similar question:
Kingpin wrote: January 16th, 2019, 10:58 am
Maybe, assuming they didn't swap back to Ecto-1 at some point between 1989 and 2019.

However, it'd be harder to achieve because Ecto-1A was in a sorry, unrestored state as of the last sighting of the car.
Sav C, big_les liked this
By SSJmole
Sav C wrote: January 16th, 2019, 11:23 am It could just be for the teaser, as a way to get the original logo in there.
It's a teaser for a unfilmed movie. So I think this is correct , it's just something put together to get hype. The first car and logo ect... Are more nostalgic which they want to target. My thought any way
Sav C, big_les, deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
Glenn Frederick wrote: January 16th, 2019, 11:27 am Doesn't the video game count?
The original cast returned to voice their characters and used their likeness.

Wouldn't Dan Aykroyd consider it Cannon?
It's tricky when it comes to games. I think... If I remember something Ivan said, that the game wouldn't be considered canon in the film timeline, though there may not be anything in the new film that discredits the plot of The Video Game.
Glenn Frederick liked this
By Alphagaia
Glenn Frederick wrote: January 16th, 2019, 11:27 am Doesn't the video game count?
The original cast returned to voice their characters and used their likeness.

Wouldn't Dan Aykroyd consider it Cannon?
Dan considered it Canon years ago. Reitman retconned that last year. Wouldn't surprise me if his son was already writing a script then.

On the other hand, they used the original car in the videogame, making it still possible canon.
Glenn Frederick liked this
By JWils23
featofstrength wrote: January 16th, 2019, 9:49 am It's real! Something is actually happening!
The fake title “Rust City” is so much more awesome now.

I know its just early image bait, but could that barn be on Ray's family plot?
"My parents left me that house...I was born there!"
I was honestly thinking that exact same thing! Who else would keep them going after Egon was gone? After all, he’s the heart of the ghostbusters
Last edited by JWils23 on January 16th, 2019, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
featofstrength liked this
By big_les
Yes, sorry guys, I should have known I wasn't the first to see that, and also that it's a genuine teaser i.e. nothing has been filmed yet and they've just used the Ectomobile that they had. Obviously I didn't wipe enough foam off :)

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London