Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By *NormalGamer*
Alphagaia wrote: January 16th, 2019, 9:12 am We have a teaser trailer!!!!

https://ew.com/trailers/2019/01/16/jaso ... ssion=true
From looking at the teaser, the Ecto-1 is a a bit more dustier and rusty than usual when how it was rusty and dusty in the beginning of GBII.

Can't wait. ^_^
By Wiggyof9
I am betting that if the game isnt canon they will do a story line where the GBs have been out of business since Vigo. Its going to be like EGB.

Personally, I want to see a movie where they have stayed in business and see where that takes us, but in every incarnation of the franchise outside of the video game (except maybe the comics which i have not read) the GBs have been met with hard times trying to keep the business going. Its a core aspect of GB. I suppose if they want to use the original look of the equipment it makes sense that they havent been in business in 30 years, otherwise it would have been upgraded.

Screw it, I don't care what they do as long as its funny and doesn't have the color saturation turned up to 11.
Sav C, Kingpin, SpaceBallz liked this
By RichardLess
Oh my god. It's real. To quote Mr. Janosz Poha "it's happening. It's really happening".

1997. 1997. That's the year I told my classmates via Show and Tell that a new Ghostbusters movie was happening. I saw the news on TV. I still remember that. I was in grade 4.

That 50 second trailer was better than all of GB16. The tone is PERFECT. The fall leaves? The wind? The proton energy looks like rotoscoped optical work and not CGI. THE MUSIC!?! Guys. It's so perfect.

I'm in tears. I've been through so much, wanted this film so badly. Oddly enough Today would've been my Dads 66th birthday. We use to spent hours scouring the Internet for GB3 news. Wow. And here is the trailer. I was so angry when Sony did the reboot instead of this. But now it's real. I can almost touch it.

I feel like I've been hosed with positively charged slime. I feel like a million bucks.

Thank you Jason, Ivan, Dan...whoever at Sony made the right call for once. Thank you.
big_les, seekandannoy, Sav C and 3 others liked this
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote: January 16th, 2019, 11:31 am
Glenn Frederick wrote: January 16th, 2019, 11:27 am Doesn't the video game count?
The original cast returned to voice their characters and used their likeness.

Wouldn't Dan Aykroyd consider it Cannon?
It's tricky when it comes to games. I think... If I remember something Ivan said, that the game wouldn't be considered canon in the film timeline, though there may not be anything in the new film that discredits the plot of The Video Game.

Oh I think Ivan saying the game wasn't cannon is a bit of a mis-quote. Someone said his exact words at the Panal was something like. "I don't consider Ghostbusters The Video Game as Ghostbusters 3. "

That doesn't nessicarily mean that the Video Game isn't Cannon. A lot of time between the events of the game to now. It would make sense that the car had been reworked a couple of times. Heck we have seen them play with that in the comic. When the ongoing started it looked like the Ecto 1A, then something happened and when the car was repaired in the next issue it was sporting more of the classic look. So the classic Ecto under the cover really doesn't throw me. I believe Ghostbusters 3 to Ivan Reitman would tell the story of what would be happening TODAY as opposed to a story just set 2 years after the second film.

I consider the game the third chapter after all it was one last romp with the original crew. This one will just be another exciting chapter. :):):)
ghostJAR, *NormalGamer*, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By timeware
Frill. I'm on board the hype train. Richardless sorry about your pops passing. What would top this trailer is the addition of the video game upgrades to the proton packs!
By big_les
Personally I hope that we see the old gear & car, but that upgrades or totally new gear appears in the 3rd act. I don't want a total nostalgia fest, things should move on but respect the originals. Whatever you think of current Star Wars, the art & production design is fantastic, keeping the original feel but with totally new designs. They should recall the originals but look up to date. Unless of course the whole movie is about re-establishing a team, in which case maybe we only see them working on new kit at the end.
JWils23 liked this
By Jangonate
Time to dust off the account and get down to speculating and discussing!

Wow! Such amazing news! And I loved GB 2016. But how can you top the excitement of continuing the story of my childhood heroes?

It is so surreal for all of this to come out of nowhere. And then...BAM! A trailer! So simple, yet epic. Lot of questions and loads more excitement.
Sav C, Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
By JWils23
big_les wrote: January 16th, 2019, 12:36 pm Personally I hope that we see the old gear & car, but that upgrades or totally new gear appears in the 3rd act. I don't want a total nostalgia fest, things should move on but respect the originals. Whatever you think of current Star Wars, the art & production design is fantastic, keeping the original feel but with totally new designs. They should recall the originals but look up to date. Unless of course the whole movie is about re-establishing a team, in which case maybe we only see them working on new kit at the end.
Totally agree with this, what fan doesn’t want to see the original Ecto on the big screen again? It’s not the ghostbusters without that beautiful Caddy getting worked in there somewhere, and I’m glad they chose to work that in for the teaser. But I’m also all for them introducing new things if the movie has progressed to present day with newer technology. Time to wait and see but this excitement is awesome!
big_les, Sav C liked this
By timeware
Here's a quick thought. What if the trailer is the opening scene? Whatever GB alumni is busting a ghost with a grudge from the 80's, and ends up missing. Might be the only chance we see the Ecto. New team calls in, gets training from WInston unless Peter is already a ghost?
By big_les
It could easily be. They may not have started shooting, but they must have a final or near-final draft of the script. I doubt that this is completely unrelated, it must reference the story on some level. Like the Deadpool pre-vis leak, we will likely see a reshot version of this somewhere. Does anyone know if any earlier draft had an 'Old Man Stantz' theme (as I imagine this teaser is meant to imply?).
deadderek liked this
By DocLathropBrown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui5dM5l ... st=WL&t=0s

This was Dan's interview with Dan Rather from mid last year. What he said it in lines up with the film Jason was working on (right down to Dan's secrecy about who was involved). This also, I think, confirms that he and Ernie will be in it and they hope for Bill to be in it (The only confirmation on Bill will be Bill himself).

And Dan and Ernie tweeted about the teaser, adding more fuel to the fire for their involvement:

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/01/16 ... ie-hudson/
Sav C liked this
By Threadender
I'm super excited about the news. And I actually enjoyed the 2016 movie, because it was that film that got my daughter hooked onto Ghostbusters, cartoons, and ghosts in general, though she's four so that may change next month. All I wish, that the last film felt lacking in, is that it's less on the funny side and more scary. They're Ghostbusters and I would love for people to really think what their job consist of, dealing with different types of entities and the undead.
Alphagaia, Sav C, SSJmole liked this
By lozbloke
Also dusting off my account!

This is awesome news. How they've kept it secret up until now is brilliant.

And so begins another year of excitement and speculation. Really looking forward to hearing casting news and seeing those first few cheeky production shots!

BRING. IT. ON.
Sav C, deadderek, Kingpin liked this
By RichardLess
I wonder why Dan isn't involved in the script. Maybe because he's a producer? I know Writers Guild rules are funky in that regard, which is why Ivan Reitman didn't get credit on either film. But if they involved Dan from the begining...no one writes techno babble exposition like Mr Conehead himself.
By ghoulishfright
RichardLess wrote: January 16th, 2019, 3:03 pm I wonder why Dan isn't involved in the script. Maybe because he's a producer? I know Writers Guild rules are funky in that regard, which is why Ivan Reitman didn't get credit on either film. But if they involved Dan from the begining...no one writes techno babble exposition like Mr Conehead himself.
That was my point exactly. Dan's voice and all his "Aykroydisms" are central to the films. He may not have been involved in the main screenwriting process, but I can't imagine he won't have some input.
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By deadderek
Davideverona wrote: January 16th, 2019, 2:19 pm I think it's time for a proper Ghostbusters 3 thread! 😁
You're in one.
By gamera1968
Dusting off my account as well.

Just saw the trailer and got a serious case of goosebumps with that 80's music cue.
I just hope and pray that they hold true to the original Ghostbusters.
That's all I've ever wanted. I know it's merely a teaser, but its still a very good one.
lozbloke, deadderek, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By Slimered
Fantastic that we'll finally get to see a Ghostbusters 3 (despite the issue I mentioned in the thread I just created); I assume we'll get to see Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Ernie Hudson all return given that they cameod in Ghostbusters (2016), so it'll be great to see what the original characters (minus Egon, for obvious reasons) are up to now.
By SSJmole
deadderek wrote: January 16th, 2019, 4:38 pm I wonder if it will actually be called Ghostbusters 3.
Possibly but it's 2019.

Star wars no longer uses numbers in branding and adds. Spider-Man 2 is far from home , wonder woman 2 is 1984. Lego movie 2 is The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part (almost parodying trend) now some stuff is uses numbers but big hitters don't so they don't feel dated or so when sequels happen they don't get "ghosbuststers 8 there's been 8 already?"

I could see it been called something like Ghostbusters back in buisness , Ghostbusters we're home , Ghostbusters reunited or something.

It might not be as the 3 would help it heavily but with internet explaining bits the third in original timeline ect .. I see catchy name like the other big hitters do.
Last edited by SSJmole on January 16th, 2019, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Wiggyof9
Id like it to be called GB3 if fir no other reason than to separate it from the 2016 movie. Any movie that continues the story if the original characters ought to be numbered, then next one can have a subtitle as i assume it will have a new set of characters introduced in this movie (assuming this movie revitalizes the franchise).

Its good to see that Sony realized their mistake and are not blaming the franchise itself for 2016s failure. I dont want Paul Feige anywhere near this thing. I dont know how he calls himself a director when he just let the cast do whatever they wanted with adlibs. I dont want any adlibs in this movie, if an actor had a spontanious funny line they can suggest it, quickly workshop the dialogue, and film it as an addition to the script. No off the cuff stream of consciousness babbling though.
savintheday liked this
By timeware
whatever the plot is I would be happy with just seeing the original crew in some capacity. The ideal thing would be to have the whole team together minus Ramis. If the rumored team is taking direction from Ray or whoever i'm perfectly fine with the OG's getting little screen time as long as it moves the plot along. I also don't want to see them killed off like the original star wars cast.

I'm more curious about is how the Ecto gets in that barn/ workshop. Who the buster is. Is this Egon's last stand? Only showing him as they are in the trailer getting in over his head? It would be a respectful way of including him somewhat. The teenagers investigate after the funeral to find Ray working on Ecto in the barn?

We may never get it called GB3. I would like to see Were Ready to Believe you be used in the title. The Ghostbusters bidding on their gear during an estate auction would be a good cameo opportunity. If the Ghostbusters have been kicked out of the fire house the other question comes to mind is "Where the heck is the containment unit?"
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By JWils23
I don’t know if this got mentioned anywhere else in here but at about the 15 second mark did anyone else notice the ectoplasmic residue dripping off the fence? Love the little details in this!
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By mrmichaelt
Glancing over the GB3 news, I'm guessing they might have been working on it since 2016, the earliest I could find Ivan talking about they were developing a new live action movie was in June 2016 in that EMPIRE magazine issue that featured ATC.
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]