Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By deadderek
savintheday wrote: January 16th, 2019, 8:18 pm They just renovated Hook & Ladder 8 recently. Coincidence?
Yes coincidence.
savintheday, Kingpin liked this
By savintheday
I'd like to think Reitman came in there and was like "We're finally making Ghostbusters 3, see...after 30 years, see...so you better get this place in order, see...or there's gonna be trouble, see?"

Reitman is a 1930's gangster in this scenario, see?
deadderek liked this
By fixer79
This is such awesome news... Finally!!

If only we knew Ghostbusters III was actually coming when we were goofing around in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31941

Now it really IS happening! :D

PS: I really do hope they're gonna call it 'Ghostbusters III'...
I'd rather not have any subtitle like 'Ghostbusters: Re-something or other'.
Sav C liked this
By *NormalGamer*
fixer79 wrote: January 17th, 2019, 7:26 am This is such awesome news... Finally!!

If only we knew Ghostbusters III was actually coming when we were goofing around in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=31941

Now it really IS happening! :D

PS: I really do hope they're gonna call it 'Ghostbusters III'...
I'd rather not have any subtitle like 'Ghostbusters: Re-something or other'.
@ *referring to bold*

Honestly, I don't really care what it's called as long as we are getting another GB1984 canon film; GB: TVG is to me already GBIII in my eyes since that was the last time the original four (along with their actors) came together.
deadderek liked this
By ghoulishfright
savintheday wrote: January 16th, 2019, 8:18 pm They just renovated Hook & Ladder 8 recently. Coincidence?
Whoa, I just saw the renovation, and I really don't like that new door. What the hell did they do? :sigh:
By gbmatt
Having been around long enough to remember all of the close calls in the 90s, I will stay cautiously optimistic and wait and see before getting too excited.
*NormalGamer*, Sav C liked this
By joezlo
There's no actual word that the og's are in it and this sounds like it coincides more with Dan's Dan Rather interview than the new news. Ernie says he's ready for the call, not that they've called him yet.
deadderek liked this
By RichardLess
deadderek wrote: January 17th, 2019, 5:58 pm Daily Mail is known for being extremely inaccurate/unreliable.
Seriously. Even the summary is inaccurate. Dan Aykroyd didn't write the script, Jason and Gil Kenan did.

Daily Mail is a glorified tabloid. There isn't a grain of salt big enough..

You know. What does that even mean? "Take it with a grain of salt". It's one of those sayings that doesn't make a lot of sense. Was someone taking grains of salt? How did that become a saying when something should be looked at with suspicion?
By philmorgan81
deadderek wrote: January 17th, 2019, 5:58 pm Daily Mail is known for being extremely inaccurate/unreliable.
That's a relief. I know it may seem a bit mean, but that synopsis kind of has a fan fiction feel to the way it reads. Don't get me wrong I've read and seen some awesome fan fiction, but that feels weak.

I know they want to cast younger people as the New Ghostbusters, but I don't think they will go the 12- 15 year old route. I know Stranger Things is really hot right now and I know that they are screen testing for teenagers right now, but that could be for any role not nessicarily for the new crop of Ghostbusters.

I am sure they will release a lot more info at that upcoming Ghostbusters Con. I'd wager that's where we will see the first theatrical trailer. ;)

Now I got to put this out there. I know that there is no official word from Sony or Reitman that the remaining original cast is involved, but I just have this real good strong feeling that the 3 remaining original GBs have already signed on. I think they are just keeping that on the down low because like Reitman said he wants the movie to be unwrapped like a present. I think that is an awesome way to do it and this is pretty exciting.

I have a feeling that this movie is going to serve as the swan song to the surviving original crew and pave the way for the franchise's future. :)

We got a whole year of speculation to look forward to. :):):)
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
I just can't get over how awesome the teaser is all on its own! It's so nice to get something--anything--after (what for me has been) twelve years of waiting for GBIII! It's great to see the car; hear the score and the proton pack sound effect. I'm over the moon!
deadderek, savintheday liked this
By SpaceBallz
I couldn't wipe the smile off my face when this was announced, and then a teaser trailer shortly after the announcement! WE'RE GETTING A FOR REAL GHOSTBUSTERS 3!!!! Jason Reitman co-wrote the script with Gil Kenan (Monster House, Poltergeist) so I completely trust the direction they're heading in. Jason was very respectful in his statement stating that he respected with what Feig created, but he's doing a film for the original universe. With "Into the Spiderverse" hitting big with Sony, I have no doubt in my mind that they'll be connecting the universes somehow. It's a win-win for both the OG fans and Feig fans of the reboot.
Sav C liked this
By deadderek
savintheday wrote: January 17th, 2019, 8:19 pmhttps://mobile.twitter.com/Ernie_Hudson ... 5241960448

Ernie just tweeted the article. Well shit!
It's entirely possible that:

1. It's not actually Ernie himself posting/reposting that article.
2. He might have read it in it's entirety.
3. There's no actual confirmation on Bill Murray or even Dan & Ernie being signed on for the flick.

So while it's nice, it's from a tabloid rag WELL KNOWN for being full of shit. So tread carefully.

Actually we should ALL be careful about what "news" we read concerning the upcoming flick.
Kingpin liked this
By deadderek
SpaceBallz wrote: January 17th, 2019, 8:34 pm I have no doubt in my mind that they'll be connecting the universes somehow. It's a win-win for both the OG fans and Feig fans of the reboot.

HELL NO it's not a "win" for both fans. They wanna be connected off screen that's fine but I'm doubting Sony is down after ATC flopped to try so soon something that would put off the majority of moviegoers.
By SpaceBallz
deadderek wrote:
HELL NO it's not a "win" for both fans. They wanna be connected off screen that's fine but I'm doubting Sony is down after ATC flopped to try so soon something that would put off the majority of moviegoers.
Feig fans got their reboot and we're getting a Ghostbusters 3, both happening within a 4-year span. Ghost Corps was established to expand the GB universe and Jason Reitman more or less implied that there are two universes. It's a win-win.
deadderek liked this
By deadderek
Entertainment Tonight just a did a piece on the new movie...and absolutely nothing new was learned. However this is probably the first time "the straights" are learning about the flick so that's good!!!
By deadderek
UntouchableGen wrote: January 17th, 2019, 9:33 pm I think you will get a gb3 Janine and slimer. The movie is keeping real time, plus they have to sell action figures....
The merchandise rights alone will make them rich beyond their wildest dreams. (and not sit on clearance shelves for months)
UntouchableGen liked this
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]